Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

cost for copies of mecial records

Wikiposts

cost for copies of mecial records

Old May 15th 2008, 7:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

TheCanes has much to be proud ofTheCanes has much to be proud ofTheCanes has much to be proud ofTheCanes has much to be proud ofTheCanes has much to be proud ofTheCanes has much to be proud ofTheCanes has much to be proud ofTheCanes has much to be proud ofTheCanes has much to be proud ofTheCanes has much to be proud ofTheCanes has much to be proud of
Default cost for copies of mecial records

I recall something like this being mentioned before, but can't find it anymore.

I was wondering, if someone can tell me how much I can legally be charged for getting copies of my in-/outpatient records from my hospital?!

And what can the GP charge for a print-out/summary from the surgery?

I want to request them now, as I am trying to think positive about a possible move this year.
Old May 15th 2008, 10:57 pm
Forum Regular

Crumps and Misone is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: cost for copies of mecial records

Originally Posted by TheCanes
I recall something like this being mentioned before, but can't find it anymore.

I was wondering, if someone can tell me how much I can legally be charged for getting copies of my in-/outpatient records from my hospital?!

And what can the GP charge for a print-out/summary from the surgery?

I want to request them now, as I am trying to think positive about a possible move this year.
My GP's charged £10 per person for copies of our medical records, we didn't have any in-patient hospital records so didn't need these.
Not sure if hospitals can charge 'as much as they like' for copies of records, perhaps speak to citizens advice for more info.
Old May 16th 2008, 1:20 am
Professional Cat herder

Zoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond repute

Max charge of 10ukp for records held on computer
max charge of 50 ukp for records held on paper
Old May 16th 2008, 2:55 am
Slightly Canadian

Atlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond repute

My GP's office charged nothing, nada, zip, zero!
Old May 16th 2008, 3:12 am
BE Enthusiast

TheCanes has much to be proud ofTheCanes has much to be proud ofTheCanes has much to be proud ofTheCanes has much to be proud ofTheCanes has much to be proud ofTheCanes has much to be proud ofTheCanes has much to be proud ofTheCanes has much to be proud ofTheCanes has much to be proud ofTheCanes has much to be proud ofTheCanes has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Zoe Bell
Max charge of 10ukp for records held on computer
max charge of 50 ukp for records held on paper
Is this something that is regulated then? If not, how do you know about the two amounts?
Old May 16th 2008, 3:38 am
BE Forum Addict

Silverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond repute

Having worked in a GP surgery I was told they can charge what they want but usually charge for paper. My surgery was going to charge £10 each per summary but when I picked it up cost me nothing
Old May 16th 2008, 4:01 am
Professional Cat herder

Zoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond repute

freedom of information act or data protection act , can't remember which one off the top of my head but those are definately the limits set. They can't just charge "what they like"
Old May 16th 2008, 4:40 am
Forum Regular

pretz has a brilliant futurepretz has a brilliant futurepretz has a brilliant futurepretz has a brilliant futurepretz has a brilliant futurepretz has a brilliant future

http://www.opsi.gov.uk/acts/acts1990..._19900023_en_1

http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/HealthAn...re/DG_10036450

Old May 16th 2008, 6:03 am
BE Enthusiast

walkerv05 is a splendid one to beholdwalkerv05 is a splendid one to beholdwalkerv05 is a splendid one to beholdwalkerv05 is a splendid one to beholdwalkerv05 is a splendid one to beholdwalkerv05 is a splendid one to beholdwalkerv05 is a splendid one to beholdwalkerv05 is a splendid one to beholdwalkerv05 is a splendid one to beholdwalkerv05 is a splendid one to beholdwalkerv05 is a splendid one to behold

our doctors charged us £50 for us 4 (2 adults + 2 children), that seems a lot to pay for photocopying paper! i could have provided my own ream from Asda for a couple of quid!!!!
Old May 16th 2008, 6:08 am
Forum Regular

Fight or Flight will become famous soon enough

My GP charged me £43 whilst my wifes (different surgery) charged her nothing for a summary which is what I requested not the full copies.

In addition to this I was also in my surgery told that when you register with a GP in canada they should request copies be sent to them for which there is no charge apparently!

makes you wonder why you need them with you if the GP there should get them anyway but something else to carry!!!!!
Old May 17th 2008, 3:09 am
Moved from Chester UK

IckleHelen is just really niceIckleHelen is just really niceIckleHelen is just really niceIckleHelen is just really niceIckleHelen is just really niceIckleHelen is just really niceIckleHelen is just really niceIckleHelen is just really niceIckleHelen is just really niceIckleHelen is just really nice

Forgive my ignorance - why is everyone getting copies of medical summaries? When I first started reading this thread I thought it was for the immigration medical, but now wonder is it needed in order to get a doctor.
Old May 17th 2008, 3:49 am
BE Forum Addict

Elaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by IckleHelen
Forgive my ignorance - why is everyone getting copies of medical summaries? When I first started reading this thread I thought it was for the immigration medical, but now wonder is it needed in order to get a doctor.
I think it's just the sensible thing to do wouldn't you want your new doctor to have access to your medical history? For example we will be returning to the UK and my son who was born here has a form of Epilepsy it would be difficult to remember all the test etc. he's had over the years.
Old May 17th 2008, 3:54 am
Moved from Chester UK

IckleHelen is just really niceIckleHelen is just really niceIckleHelen is just really niceIckleHelen is just really niceIckleHelen is just really niceIckleHelen is just really niceIckleHelen is just really niceIckleHelen is just really niceIckleHelen is just really niceIckleHelen is just really nice

Originally Posted by Elaine B.
I think it's just the sensible thing to do wouldn't you want your new doctor to have access to your medical history? For example we will be returning to the UK and my son who was born here has a form of Epilepsy it would be difficult to remember all the test etc. he's had over the years.
According to Fight or Flight above the GP in Canada gets a copy anyway, so whats the point? Is it only for cases where there is something you already know about and you want your doctor to be aware before your UK records get there?
Old May 17th 2008, 4:00 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by IckleHelen
I basically want copies of my medical notes, as I have some medical history, which I would want my new doctor to know about. That's it really. For me it would be important, where others think it might not be at all.
Old May 17th 2008, 4:02 am
Moved from Chester UK

Originally Posted by TheCanes
I basically want copies of my medical notes, as I have some medical history, which I would want my new doctor to know about. That's it really. For me it would be important, where others think it might not be at all.

Thanks for clarifying.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.