Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Container finally away, what a shit week !!!!

Container finally away, what a shit week !!!!

Old Sep 5th 2006, 11:51 pm
Glasgow Rangers

Voyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond repute
Unhappy Container finally away, what a shit week !!!!

Thats oor container finally away

Left the house today about 4.30pm and we now have nothing left in the hoose, do you all remember what it was like !!!
They reckon sometime around the end of the month for it to arrive in Toronto, via Montreal !!
I have a portable TV, my sky box to watch TV and our old mattreses and our old bed and the clothes that we will be packing in our suitcases !!!!!
Boy its weird sitting in here with nothing
Funny seeing all your worldly possesions being packed into a 20ft container, I thought we would never fill the thing, we did right up to the back doors !!!!
I have kept my PC here at home and it is now sitting on my kitchen worktop, as I need it until the last day.

Boy its been a rollercoaster week, my mum died last Tuesday and her funeral is this Thursday, that will be a hard one as all the family will be there and I will be saying goodbye to most of them in such sad cicumstances, instead of happy ones
Very sad just now as I now dont have a mum or dad, my dad died 15 years ago and now my wee mum has gone.

Why are things so cruel to the good people of this world !!!!!!!

Eddie
Old Sep 6th 2006, 12:00 am
BE Enthusiast

snowqueen is a glorious beacon of lightsnowqueen is a glorious beacon of lightsnowqueen is a glorious beacon of lightsnowqueen is a glorious beacon of lightsnowqueen is a glorious beacon of lightsnowqueen is a glorious beacon of lightsnowqueen is a glorious beacon of lightsnowqueen is a glorious beacon of lightsnowqueen is a glorious beacon of lightsnowqueen is a glorious beacon of lightsnowqueen is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Container finally away, what a shit week !!!!

Originally Posted by Voyager970

Left the house today about 4.30pm and we now have nothing left in the hoose, do you all remember what it was like !!!
They reckon sometime around the end of the month for it to arrive in Toronto, via Montreal !!
I have a portable TV, my sky box to watch TV and our old mattreses and our old bed and the clothes that we will be packing in our suitcases !!!!!
Funny seeing all your worldly possesions being packed into a 20ft container, I thought we would never fill the thing, we did right up to the back doors !!!!
I have kept my PC here at home and it is now sitting on my kitchen worktop, as I need it until the last day.

Boy its been a rollercoaster week, my mum died last Tuesday and her funeral is this Thursday, that will be a hard one as all the family will be there and I will be saying goodbye to most of them in such sad cicumstances, instead of happy ones
Very sad just now as I now dont have a mum or dad, my dad died 15 years ago and now my wee mum has gone.

Eddie
Really sorry to hear about your Mum, Eddie. What a terrible thing for you to have to cope with as you move. As if it wasn't stressful enough.

All the best for the coming week.

Snowqueen
Old Sep 6th 2006, 12:22 am
I'm a girl, dagnabbit! :)

Wannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud of

So sorry to hear about your mum, Eddie...
Old Sep 6th 2006, 12:31 am
Thinking the unthinkable.

Madmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond repute

7 weeks ago we were sitting in the exact same position as you describe. Empty house, sitting on floor, wearing clothes that we would take in cases and we didn't have a TV!

A very sad and empty feeling that does go away once you get here.

Now we are in a brand-new rental home and collecting all the stuff we sold off. The tea chests get delivered this week and we are on the hunts for jobs. We have our Ontario driving licences, our SIN numbers, credit cards, bank accounts etc..

My sympathies regarding your sad loss.

Please be assured from a fellow weegie that it will get better.

PM me if you need a good Glasgow talk-to.

J

Eddie
Old Sep 6th 2006, 1:48 am

hot wasabi peas is an unknown quantity at this point

Sorry to hear about your mum Eddie. That's very sad.
Old Sep 6th 2006, 2:20 am
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, it's not like me to post this, but I'm very sad to hear that Mum died just as you're leaving.

New start mate.
Old Sep 6th 2006, 2:44 am
sticky beaking

R2D2 is a splendid one to beholdR2D2 is a splendid one to beholdR2D2 is a splendid one to beholdR2D2 is a splendid one to beholdR2D2 is a splendid one to beholdR2D2 is a splendid one to beholdR2D2 is a splendid one to beholdR2D2 is a splendid one to beholdR2D2 is a splendid one to beholdR2D2 is a splendid one to beholdR2D2 is a splendid one to behold

So so sorry you lost your Mum Eddie. What a rollercoaster of emotions you must be going through right now.

Best of luck also, for the upcoming move. I remember staring around our empty house in the Uk, with this huge feeling of OMG What are we doing!!!!!
Old Sep 6th 2006, 3:43 am

Piff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond repute

Eddie
Eddie, Just sent you some karma - so sorry to hear about your Mum. Best wishes and condolences to you and your family
Old Sep 6th 2006, 4:01 am
dont be afraid to reply

cov lad is a name known to allcov lad is a name known to allcov lad is a name known to allcov lad is a name known to allcov lad is a name known to allcov lad is a name known to allcov lad is a name known to allcov lad is a name known to allcov lad is a name known to allcov lad is a name known to allcov lad is a name known to all

i am so sorry to her about your mother i feel it , sometimes i think that i am leaving my mum back in the uk god forbid anything should happen to her , but your dear left this world knowing that you was by her side not on the other side of the ocean , i wish you all the best for the future . you have all my good vibes .
Old Sep 6th 2006, 6:14 am
To Infinity and Beyond

Dive06 has much to be proud ofDive06 has much to be proud ofDive06 has much to be proud ofDive06 has much to be proud ofDive06 has much to be proud ofDive06 has much to be proud ofDive06 has much to be proud ofDive06 has much to be proud ofDive06 has much to be proud ofDive06 has much to be proud ofDive06 has much to be proud of

Our thoughts are with you all, take care

L
Old Sep 6th 2006, 6:32 am
End of the line

IceMaiden is a glorious beacon of lightIceMaiden is a glorious beacon of lightIceMaiden is a glorious beacon of lightIceMaiden is a glorious beacon of lightIceMaiden is a glorious beacon of lightIceMaiden is a glorious beacon of lightIceMaiden is a glorious beacon of lightIceMaiden is a glorious beacon of lightIceMaiden is a glorious beacon of lightIceMaiden is a glorious beacon of lightIceMaiden is a glorious beacon of light

Eddie

I am so sorry for your loss. My experience was similar, I lost my dad just before moving here.

My thoughts are with you and your family.

Hope everything goes as well as it can.

Take care, xxx
Old Sep 6th 2006, 6:38 am
BE Enthusiast

Woodstock62 has a reputation beyond reputeWoodstock62 has a reputation beyond reputeWoodstock62 has a reputation beyond reputeWoodstock62 has a reputation beyond reputeWoodstock62 has a reputation beyond reputeWoodstock62 has a reputation beyond reputeWoodstock62 has a reputation beyond reputeWoodstock62 has a reputation beyond reputeWoodstock62 has a reputation beyond reputeWoodstock62 has a reputation beyond reputeWoodstock62 has a reputation beyond repute

Oh Eddie!
I am so sorry to hear about your Mum! A truly awful thing to happen at anytime, let alone now.

Be strong and remember you Mum will be watching down on you and take all your fond memories with you.

Thinking about you and your family.
Old Sep 6th 2006, 7:04 am
BE Forum Addict

Craftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Eddie,

I wanted to add my condolences too. Thinking of you and your family. Be strong and take care.
Old Sep 6th 2006, 11:44 am
BE Enthusiast

Tom Masters is just really niceTom Masters is just really niceTom Masters is just really niceTom Masters is just really niceTom Masters is just really niceTom Masters is just really niceTom Masters is just really niceTom Masters is just really niceTom Masters is just really niceTom Masters is just really niceTom Masters is just really nice

So sorry to hear about your mum Eddie. We'll be thinking about you and your family right now. Take care.

Chris and Tom
Old Sep 6th 2006, 12:49 pm
Forum Regular

MissyDan will become famous soon enoughMissyDan will become famous soon enough

I am also to hear about your Mum.

Best wishes your move. Difficult to say much more than that.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.