Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Confused.. Why Canada?

Confused.. Why Canada?

Old Nov 15th 2007, 12:07 pm
Fancy a Cuppa?

Rosie Lee has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Lee has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Lee has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Lee has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Lee has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Lee has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Lee has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Lee has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Lee has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Lee has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Lee has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Confused.. Why Canada?

Originally Posted by Dave+Jules
It is so thick in here you had better put a mask on Twink, otherwise you may start to grow a beard if you hang around too long.
That is so funny
Old Nov 15th 2007, 1:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

manghams has a reputation beyond reputemanghams has a reputation beyond reputemanghams has a reputation beyond reputemanghams has a reputation beyond reputemanghams has a reputation beyond reputemanghams has a reputation beyond reputemanghams has a reputation beyond reputemanghams has a reputation beyond reputemanghams has a reputation beyond reputemanghams has a reputation beyond reputemanghams has a reputation beyond repute

So this thread is the creation of a man, living alone in Toronto; working from home, alone, in Toronto. Who's social life is obviously lacking, who is so busy making money that he spends hours arguing with anyone on this thread, about anything.
Canada; racism; women?

Speaking as an attractive, slightly overweight mid 40's women who is living in the Bradford Met area, having read through this thread, I am drawn to conclude you have serious issues, are you high functioning Autism, possibly Aspergers sydrome?

And yes, please, lets put together and buy this man a one way ticket to Spain, where he can spin his personal perspective on life.
Old Nov 15th 2007, 1:31 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by manghams
So this thread is the creation of a man, living alone in Toronto; working from home, alone, in Toronto. Who's social life is obviously lacking, who is so busy making money that he spends hours arguing with anyone on this thread, about anything.
Canada; racism; women?

Speaking as an attractive, slightly overweight mid 40's women who is living in the Bradford Met area, having read through this thread, I am drawn to conclude you have serious issues, are you high functioning Autism, possibly Aspergers sydrome?

And yes, please, lets put together and buy this man a one way ticket to Spain, where he can spin his personal perspective on life.
As someone who spends hours arguing with anyone on the internet about anything. Canada, racism, women. And as someone who is intimately familiar with autism I object to your reference to the condition as a synonym for "lonely wanker". "Autism" is a serious business and reference to the condition should not be used as this year's version of "retard" or "moron". If you want to sling empty insults please stick to sexism, racism, religious epithets or denigration of controllable physical attributes such as rolls of fat around the belly.
Old Nov 15th 2007, 1:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

manghams has a reputation beyond reputemanghams has a reputation beyond reputemanghams has a reputation beyond reputemanghams has a reputation beyond reputemanghams has a reputation beyond reputemanghams has a reputation beyond reputemanghams has a reputation beyond reputemanghams has a reputation beyond reputemanghams has a reputation beyond reputemanghams has a reputation beyond reputemanghams has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dbd33
As someone who spends hours arguing with anyone on the internet about anything. Canada, racism, women. And as someone who is intimately familiar with autism I object to your reference to the condition as a synonym for "lonely wanker". "Autism" is a serious business and reference to the condition should not be used as this year's version of "retard" or "moron". If you want to sling empty insults please stick to sexism, racism, religious epithets or denigration of controllable physical attributes such as rolls of fat around the belly.

It was not used as an insult, a genuine question, the man has some real issues that require addressing.
I would apologize to anyone who may find my remarks unnecessary.
However, I doubt that his man would offer an apology to anyone he may upset, rather enjoy the reflected outrage. Hence the question, his interpersonal skills are severely lacking.
For the record I have a son and a nephew both dealing with problems within the Autism spectrum!
I dont choose to insult the man, I am merely suggesting he gets some help.
Old Nov 15th 2007, 2:15 pm
ModerĪ±tor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute

Ive never seen a thread yet where the second line of my sig applied more.
Old Nov 15th 2007, 2:24 pm
UK to NZ to Canada

TiggerLottie will become famous soon enough
Thumbs up Re: Confused.. Why Canada?

Originally Posted by gotoronto
Hello there

I lived in T.O. for a year and lived in London, UK for a number of years. I hear what you are saying about T.O., but these things you highlight are much worse in the UK. Reasons that we want to leave here are manifold: people are unhappy and unfriendly/rude, the weather is bad (constant rain), housing is not affordable, food is bad, the binge drinking/pub culture in the UK, public transport, prices in general, crime rates, clone towns (too many Tescos), boring place, everyone is chasing the money. Oh, and London is simply too overcrowded!

Whilst some of these issues will certainly not be resolved by moving to T.O., I personally think they are much less serious over there. In addition, the people are nicer, the culture is more to my liking, standard of living is better, Canada is much more modern, Canada is cleaner, the food is better, house prices are lower and of higher standard, I miss my friends over there, it's a better place to raise kids. Canada is also very international. I lived in many places around the world and I found Toronto offered all my favourite things from different countries in one place.

I am sure everyone has there own reasons for wanting to move... and I don't think any country is the promised land, every country has its pros and cons. But I was happy in T.O. and I am certainly not happy here.

Yes i couldnt of said it better myself, My family and i moved from UK where we lived for 29 years + and are 2 children were born there, we moved 4 years ago to New Zealand, and although its cleaner and safer here and very beautiful, its very " behind the times " so all your reason you stated are exactly why we want to be in Canada
Old Nov 15th 2007, 2:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

RodRos&Co. is a glorious beacon of lightRodRos&Co. is a glorious beacon of lightRodRos&Co. is a glorious beacon of lightRodRos&Co. is a glorious beacon of lightRodRos&Co. is a glorious beacon of lightRodRos&Co. is a glorious beacon of lightRodRos&Co. is a glorious beacon of lightRodRos&Co. is a glorious beacon of lightRodRos&Co. is a glorious beacon of lightRodRos&Co. is a glorious beacon of lightRodRos&Co. is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by twinkles
Considering your objectionable opinions, its amazing any woman gives you the time of day!
Maybe dbd has hit the nail on the head, its not real women he likes
Old Nov 15th 2007, 2:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

PeterF has a reputation beyond reputePeterF has a reputation beyond reputePeterF has a reputation beyond reputePeterF has a reputation beyond reputePeterF has a reputation beyond reputePeterF has a reputation beyond reputePeterF has a reputation beyond reputePeterF has a reputation beyond reputePeterF has a reputation beyond reputePeterF has a reputation beyond reputePeterF has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by RodRos&Co.
I was thinking similar but perhaps more sinister, better keep my thoughts to myself.
Old Nov 15th 2007, 2:52 pm
ModerĪ±tor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by PeterF
I was thinking similar but perhaps more sinister, better keep my thoughts to myself.
After 400 posts of this, I wish more people had kept their thoughts to themselves!
Old Nov 15th 2007, 3:05 pm
Forum Regular

weener No 2 is an unknown quantity at this point

Your still going then AdrianTO...Struth
Old Nov 15th 2007, 3:18 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by RodRos&Co.
but perhaps the suggestion springs from an internal conflict on the part of the one suggesting. Perhaps subliminally, I want Adrian.
Old Nov 15th 2007, 3:29 pm
Happy in NB

Dave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by iaink
After 400 posts of this, I wish more people had kept their thoughts to themselves!
400+ posts and 10,600+ views phew what a monster. This is definitely my last post on this thread.
Old Nov 15th 2007, 3:37 pm
Slightly Canadian

Atlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond repute

but perhaps the suggestion springs from an internal conflict on the part of the one suggesting. Perhaps subliminally, I want Adrian.
Well, you are a thin bloke, despite the beer consumption so perhaps you might be lucky as you appear to be his type.........
Old Nov 15th 2007, 3:41 pm
Assimilated Pauper

Originally Posted by Atlantic Xpat
Well, you are a thin bloke, despite the beer consumption so perhaps you might be lucky as you appear to be his type.........
I wonder if he likes to ride in a convertible...
Old Nov 15th 2007, 3:43 pm
ModerĪ±tor Emeritus

I wonder if he likes to ride in a convertible...
Is that a coy euphemism or something?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.