Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Confused.. Why Canada?

Confused.. Why Canada?

Old Nov 14th 2007, 11:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

AdrianTO is a splendid one to beholdAdrianTO is a splendid one to beholdAdrianTO is a splendid one to beholdAdrianTO is a splendid one to beholdAdrianTO is a splendid one to beholdAdrianTO is a splendid one to beholdAdrianTO is a splendid one to beholdAdrianTO is a splendid one to beholdAdrianTO is a splendid one to beholdAdrianTO is a splendid one to beholdAdrianTO is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Confused.. Why Canada?

Originally Posted by daft batty
Which century do you live in??
Obviously not the same one as you, if you think being womanly and feminine is bad.
Old Nov 14th 2007, 11:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

AdrianTO is a splendid one to beholdAdrianTO is a splendid one to beholdAdrianTO is a splendid one to beholdAdrianTO is a splendid one to beholdAdrianTO is a splendid one to beholdAdrianTO is a splendid one to beholdAdrianTO is a splendid one to beholdAdrianTO is a splendid one to beholdAdrianTO is a splendid one to beholdAdrianTO is a splendid one to beholdAdrianTO is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by PeterF

All Canadian women are fat. All Polish women are beautiful and all British schoolgirls are rioting because of it (because he read it from some dodgy source), I bet all Portuguese women have mustaches as well, all Italian women are beautiful until they get married, then they turn Canadian!
I think your comprehension skills are breaking down again. I don't think ALL are like that. Of course there are hot British women and hot Canadian women and ugly Polish girls. But, in general, I FIND, European women to be more attractive. OK? That is MY OBSERVATION. To me, that is what gets me going. Walking down the street in Prague for example, the majority of women are above average in looks. Here it is the opposite. That is just my preference.

If you like Walmart swathed fatties, then yes, European women will not appeal to you.
Old Nov 14th 2007, 11:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

PeterF has a reputation beyond reputePeterF has a reputation beyond reputePeterF has a reputation beyond reputePeterF has a reputation beyond reputePeterF has a reputation beyond reputePeterF has a reputation beyond reputePeterF has a reputation beyond reputePeterF has a reputation beyond reputePeterF has a reputation beyond reputePeterF has a reputation beyond reputePeterF has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by AdrianTO
Walking down the street in Prague for example, the majority of women are above average in looks. Here it is the opposite. That is just my preference.

Maybe you're correct, a lot of the ex-communist countries are still fairly poor and malnutrition fairly widespread. Or so I believe, I did got there once (Yugoslavia) in the 80's and it must be the same and they are all the same arn't they.
Old Nov 14th 2007, 11:30 pm

bazzz is an unknown quantity at this point

I think your comprehension skills are breaking down again. I don't think ALL are like that. Of course there are hot British women and hot Canadian women and ugly Polish girls. But, in general, I FIND, European women to be more attractive. OK? That is MY OBSERVATION. To me, that is what gets me going.
I bet they wouldn't be interested in you, though. Or are you trying to convince that the reason you're single is because women in Canada aren't attractive enough for you?
Old Nov 14th 2007, 11:48 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

The discussion was more about mainland Europe rather than the UK. As the discussion started with overt racism in Spain. I still contend that nowhere in Europe have they had to deal with such mass scale integration issues as they have had to in the US.
The US has an integration issue with regard to the Hispanic population but I don't think you can argue that there's an integration issue with regard to the African-American population. They've been there for generations, as long in most cases as the population of other backgrounds, I don't think one would speak of the Norwegian population, for example, needing to integrate. Sticking with mainland Europe I suggest that the Turkish population in Germany and the Morrocan population of France is less integrated than the Black population of the US. The minority populations in Europe do not share a language culture or religion with the host nation whereas the Black population of the US speaks English, is predominantly Christian and shaped the culture.

Skank. But, she is doable.
An attractive American woman then, not one who looks like she just stepped out of Walmart?
Old Nov 14th 2007, 11:54 pm
Happy in NB

Dave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond repute

The discussion was more about mainland Europe rather than the UK. As the discussion started with overt racism in Spain. I still contend that nowhere in Europe have they had to deal with such mass scale integration issues as they have had to in the US.

And even the UK, if you want to talk about that, I think the Asian population is around 2 to 3 million, out of a total population of 50 plus million. A fairly small percentage of the population.

Skank. But, she is doable.
Leicester 51% Asian. The 2-3 million is not distributed evenly just as anywhere were racially motivated enclaves build up.

Anyway I thought the initial discussion was on your confusion as to why anyone would want to emigrated to Canada? Racism was something I pointed out that you will see openly in Spain, Germany and France who by the way are opposing Turkey's entry into the EU for no other reason than they are predominately Muslim and the three countries also denied access to their countries to the newcomers to the EU despite the club rules being free movement of labout. Hence UK overwhelmed with 500,000 in 2 years.
Old Nov 14th 2007, 11:56 pm
Happy in NB

Dave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by skiboy10
Shall we organise a whip round to buy Adrian a (one way) ticket to Spain ASAP
Absoflippinglutely and Adrian enjoy the Brits who rush out to Spain for the summer.... I am sure the vast majority (not all) will be Walmart shopper types.

Last edited by Dave+Jules; Nov 15th 2007 at 12:02 am.
Old Nov 14th 2007, 11:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

daft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond repute

Obviously not the same one as you, if you think being womanly and feminine is bad.
I think my interpretation of womanly and feminine would be way way different to yours.
Old Nov 14th 2007, 11:57 pm

Originally Posted by Dave+Jules
Hence UK overwhelmed with 500,000 in 2 years.
If you read your Daily Mail Readers Handbook, you'll find that the correct term is "swamped". As in "we've been swamped by a population increase of 0.83%!".
Old Nov 15th 2007, 12:04 am
Happy in NB

Originally Posted by bazzz
If you read your Daily Mail Readers Handbook, you'll find that the correct term is "swamped". As in "we've been swamped by a population increase of 0.83%!".
Again, it isn't the overall statistic that counts it is the clumping of the populations that give local districts the feeling of being swamped.
Old Nov 15th 2007, 12:18 am

Originally Posted by Dave+Jules
Again, it isn't the overall statistic that counts it is the clumping of the populations that give local districts the feeling of being swamped.
Wait, you said "the UK" is being overwhelmed. What you mean is that a tiny minority of towns are being "overwhelmed", right?
Old Nov 15th 2007, 12:35 am
Banned

Surrey Expat has a reputation beyond reputeSurrey Expat has a reputation beyond reputeSurrey Expat has a reputation beyond reputeSurrey Expat has a reputation beyond reputeSurrey Expat has a reputation beyond reputeSurrey Expat has a reputation beyond reputeSurrey Expat has a reputation beyond reputeSurrey Expat has a reputation beyond reputeSurrey Expat has a reputation beyond reputeSurrey Expat has a reputation beyond reputeSurrey Expat has a reputation beyond repute

I actually came to this site looking for information about living in Spain or Italy.

I am a Canadian citizen living in Toronto, and I am trying to get out of here. But, I see a lot of people wanting to come here.

I spent the last winter around the Costa del Sol. And the lifestyle is so much better. People are more relaxed, they enjoy their leisure. Spend time with family and friends.

Here people live a commuter lifestyle, not much different from the UK. In fact, people have less vacation time here. And even then, a lot of people don't take all their vacation because of work commitments. They spend hours a week commuting. Everybody I know here doesn't have a life.

So, I am amazed that so many people are going through so much trouble to move here.

Why? What am I missing? Why Canada?
370 posts and you still don't get it
Ciao, AdiĆ³s

http://britishexpats.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=55

Last edited by Surrey Expat; Nov 15th 2007 at 12:40 am.
Old Nov 15th 2007, 12:51 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by PeterF
Maybe you're correct, a lot of the ex-communist countries are still fairly poor and malnutrition fairly widespread. Or so I believe, I did got there once (Yugoslavia) in the 80's and it must be the same and they are all the same arn't they.
Was that your attempt at humour? Sarcasm? Either way, it failed miserably.

Maybe they are slim because they take better take care of themselves. It is important to them. And they don't have a friggin McDonalds every few hundred metres. And they don't get in the car for every small thing, they walk every where.

Anyway, I kinda like the skinny waif look. Heroin chic is in, didn't you know?
Old Nov 15th 2007, 12:51 am
Happy in NB

Originally Posted by bazzz
Wait, you said "the UK" is being overwhelmed. What you mean is that a tiny minority of towns are being "overwhelmed", right?
Yes - good point, some communities feeling overwhelmed not the UK per se.
Old Nov 15th 2007, 12:58 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by dbd33
The US has an integration issue with regard to the Hispanic population but I don't think you can argue that there's an integration issue with regard to the African-American population. They've been there for generations, as long in most cases as the population of other backgrounds, I don't think one would speak of the Norwegian population, for example, needing to integrate. Sticking with mainland Europe I suggest that the Turkish population in Germany and the Morrocan population of France is less integrated than the Black population of the US. The minority populations in Europe do not share a language culture or religion with the host nation whereas the Black population of the US speaks English, is predominantly Christian and shaped the culture.

And that was what I was trying to say initially. The US has grappled with these issues already, like you said the Black population is integrated with the same culture. Yet, even after all the race riots, civil rights movements, affirmative action etc.. the US STILL has problems with racism. You still get signs of overt racism like the hanging of nooses. Every once in a while some crazy texans will tie a black man to their pick up truck and drive him around town.

Even the UK has gone through these race pains. France is feeling it now with their recent riots and Spain still has to go through it.

So, to see overt racism in Spain doesn't surprise me. Spaniards are uneducated about race relations.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.