Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

computer friendly person to help please

Wikiposts

computer friendly person to help please

Old Oct 27th 2007, 8:59 am
Forum Regular

dentaltech has much to be proud ofdentaltech has much to be proud ofdentaltech has much to be proud ofdentaltech has much to be proud ofdentaltech has much to be proud ofdentaltech has much to be proud ofdentaltech has much to be proud ofdentaltech has much to be proud ofdentaltech has much to be proud ofdentaltech has much to be proud ofdentaltech has much to be proud of
Default computer friendly person to help please

i am tearing my hair out here , my solicitor requires the forms i have filled in on a government website to be sent on adobe pdf format , how on earth do i send him these forms i have filled in so he can review them before i submit them , i pasted and copied them onto word but he needs them as files so he can read the other bits , i can do most things on a computer but this has finished me :curse:

is there a kind soul out there who can help
Old Oct 27th 2007, 9:02 am
lof
Canadian Wet Coaster

lof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: computer friendly person to help please

i'm no pro in this things - but afaik you can't save data in an existing pdf-file if you don't have a pdf-writer - which most private people haven't.

how about printing and fax them?

or if you have a more or less modern scanner which allows you to do that: print them and scan them in pdf-format?

the only other thing on the computer that i can think of is print screen, and past it into a word document - which i think is a) not really good legible and b) a huuuuuuge amount of bytes you're trying to email...

Last edited by lof; Oct 27th 2007 at 9:08 am. Reason: added another idea...
Old Oct 27th 2007, 9:07 am
Forum Regular

dentaltech has much to be proud ofdentaltech has much to be proud ofdentaltech has much to be proud ofdentaltech has much to be proud ofdentaltech has much to be proud ofdentaltech has much to be proud ofdentaltech has much to be proud ofdentaltech has much to be proud ofdentaltech has much to be proud ofdentaltech has much to be proud ofdentaltech has much to be proud of

thanks but there fax will not accept 60 plus pages and sending that lot from canada will take ages
Old Oct 27th 2007, 9:09 am
You call that a moustache

ex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dentaltech
i am tearing my hair out here , my solicitor requires the forms i have filled in on a government website to be sent on adobe pdf format , how on earth do i send him these forms i have filled in so he can review them before i submit them , i pasted and copied them onto word but he needs them as files so he can read the other bits , i can do most things on a computer but this has finished me :curse:

There are many pdf writters availible free on the internet, I have used primo pdf creator in the past
Old Oct 27th 2007, 9:37 am

Steve_P is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by dentaltech

Google is your friend.

You have the information now as a Word document so have a look here the very first item is a free Word to PDF converter.

Hope it helps.
Steve
Old Oct 27th 2007, 9:53 am
lof
Canadian Wet Coaster

lof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond repute

steve - i'm not sure - i got the op's question as how do you save the filled in pdf-file... afaik if s/he could copy the "pdf-background" into word, s/he could just send it as .doc-file? (i know about the "security"-aspect of this...)

btw 60+ pages? that gives you a huge e-mail even with pdf...
Old Oct 27th 2007, 10:00 am

Steve_P is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by lof
steve - i'm not sure - i got the op's question as how do you save the filled in pdf-file... afaik if s/he could copy the "pdf-background" into word, s/he could just send it as .doc-file? (i know about the "security"-aspect of this...)

btw 60+ pages? that gives you a huge e-mail even with pdf...
I agree 60+ pages is going to be huge but the op did state "i pasted and copied them onto word" so I thought they could convert the Word file back to a PDF and email it.
Old Oct 27th 2007, 10:54 am
Banned

Surrey Expat has a reputation beyond reputeSurrey Expat has a reputation beyond reputeSurrey Expat has a reputation beyond reputeSurrey Expat has a reputation beyond reputeSurrey Expat has a reputation beyond reputeSurrey Expat has a reputation beyond reputeSurrey Expat has a reputation beyond reputeSurrey Expat has a reputation beyond reputeSurrey Expat has a reputation beyond reputeSurrey Expat has a reputation beyond reputeSurrey Expat has a reputation beyond repute

You need the full version of Acrobat to create a pdf on you own computer. If you go onto the Adobe website and use Create pdf you can print up to 5 pdf files as a free trial, thereafter it is by subscription. Use the 'Try it for Free' option.

Last edited by Surrey Expat; Oct 27th 2007 at 10:57 am.
Old Oct 27th 2007, 1:52 pm
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Alternatively you could fire your solicitor. I imagine you are paying him or her to work for you?
Old Oct 28th 2007, 1:20 am
BE Forum Addict

stepnek has a reputation beyond reputestepnek has a reputation beyond reputestepnek has a reputation beyond reputestepnek has a reputation beyond reputestepnek has a reputation beyond reputestepnek has a reputation beyond reputestepnek has a reputation beyond reputestepnek has a reputation beyond reputestepnek has a reputation beyond reputestepnek has a reputation beyond reputestepnek has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Novocastrian
Alternatively you could fire your solicitor. I imagine you are paying him or her to work for you?
The best reply of the lot I think. Dentaltech, I assume is going to have a big discount on their fee for going to all this effort for the convenience of the solicitor.
Old Oct 28th 2007, 2:05 am
Scottish Canuck

Cookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond repute

I use this one:

http://www.cutepdf.com/

Simply download, then open the file you want to pdf > go to Print and select 'Cute PDF writer' as your printer > Select where you want to save the file (I remove the words WORD DOC from the filename) > and hey presto, you have 1 pdf.

Just re-read your post - I think you need to add info to a pdf that is not saveable unless you have a full Acrobat version. If I remember correctly, I used the full Acrobat version at my office to fill out mine and saved them. The above mentioned Cutepdf is handy to have for any other document you want to pdf though.

Last edited by Cookie; Oct 28th 2007 at 2:10 am. Reason: Misunderstood 1st post