Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Comparison to Perth Australia?

Wikiposts

Comparison to Perth Australia?

Old Aug 30th 2012, 10:23 am

Alan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Comparison to Perth Australia?

Originally Posted by Boy d
last time i went OZ the customs fella asked if i had a criminal record. I said, " I didn't think you needed one anymore!"
last time i went OZ the customs fella asked if i had a criminal record. I said, "here's a copy of the frog chorus by paul mccartney!"
Old Aug 30th 2012, 10:34 am
Banned

Boy d has a reputation beyond reputeBoy d has a reputation beyond reputeBoy d has a reputation beyond reputeBoy d has a reputation beyond reputeBoy d has a reputation beyond reputeBoy d has a reputation beyond reputeBoy d has a reputation beyond reputeBoy d has a reputation beyond reputeBoy d has a reputation beyond reputeBoy d has a reputation beyond reputeBoy d has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JBJ14
I've lived in both and am getting ready to leave Perth to permanently move to Alberta. Alberta is a lot cheaper than perth, Vancouver I would say is cheaper if you take away housing prices. So as for living costs beyond the mortgage / rent situation I would say you would be better off in Vancouver. For the housing, I'm not sure as I haven't been to Vancouver for 3 years so it may have changed too much to comment. But Perth isn't exactly affordable

You are going from no rain, to lots of rain as far as weather comparison goes, plus you won't get those hot summer runs that you get here (thankfully).

I would pick Vancouver in a heart beat though! Like someone else said, give it a shot and keep moving if it doesn't work out!

Good Luck!
i was under the impression that it gets a fair bit of rain in winter time in perth?
Old Aug 30th 2012, 10:36 am
Banned

Zen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by criodain
Well, Perth may be like Vancouver, but you have the entire US of A right beneath you, unlike Perth.
Yes but he's looking for good things about Canada, not things even Canadians would rather forget.
Old Aug 30th 2012, 10:38 am
Banned

Zen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Oink
They transported criminals to Australia for a reason.
Yes and that reason was the Americans had a revolution and stopped them sending the criminals to Virginia.

Last edited by Zen10; Aug 30th 2012 at 10:51 am.
Old Aug 30th 2012, 10:46 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

i was under the impression that it gets a fair bit of rain in winter time in perth?
There usually is. This year was pretty dry for us, though. Cold, but dry.
Old Aug 30th 2012, 1:19 pm
Banned

Boy d has a reputation beyond reputeBoy d has a reputation beyond reputeBoy d has a reputation beyond reputeBoy d has a reputation beyond reputeBoy d has a reputation beyond reputeBoy d has a reputation beyond reputeBoy d has a reputation beyond reputeBoy d has a reputation beyond reputeBoy d has a reputation beyond reputeBoy d has a reputation beyond reputeBoy d has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dorothy
There usually is. This year was pretty dry for us, though. Cold, but dry.
my brother was there and he said that he was surprised at the amount of rain there and he's a manc!
Old Aug 30th 2012, 1:24 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by Zen10
Yes but he's looking for good things about Canada, not things even Canadians would rather forget.
what's wrong with having access to the USA? Its one thing to visit and not have to live there. Vancouver is part of the Pacific North West as such washington state and oregon, even northern California are accessible without too much trouble.

We live 2 blocks from the border and can nip over for cheaper shopping and gas and be back within the hour.

Although I suppose to some endless dry tundra may be more appealing
Old Aug 30th 2012, 2:48 pm
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Than the US? Definitely.
Old Aug 30th 2012, 2:55 pm
Banned

I just got back from a 2k walk on a white beach with palm trees and saw two people on it. The beach is 30 seconds from my front door. Once, at sunset I noticed a dolphin a few metres out and she swam in circles for me and called out. I was the only person on the beach and we watched each other for two or three minutes. In 20 minutes I'm in a busy CBD with everything I need, and another 20 minutes after that I'm in hills covered in the world's best vineyards. I often saunter up there to visit a few cellar doors on a Sunday, and sit under a nice vine-covered trellis I know and enjoy free tasting for an hour or so. When we return we sit in the garden and listen to the parrots and lorikeets in the wattle as we sample our purchases. Hopefully, the reason the roads are so empty here is because so many people are labouring under the illusion that we live in "dry tundra" conditions like something out of Mad Max.

The commercial value of the Malls of America pilgrimage that Canadians enjoy has no appeal to me whatsoever.
Old Aug 30th 2012, 3:05 pm
Banned

I just got back from a 2k walk on a white beach with palm trees and saw two people on it. The beach is 30 seconds from my front door. Once, at sunset I noticed a dolphin a few metres out and she swam in circles for me and called out. I was the only person on the beach and we watched each other for two or three minutes. In 20 minutes I'm in a busy CBD with everything I need, and another 20 minutes after that I'm in hills covered in the world's best vineyards. I often saunter up there to visit a few cellar doors on a Sunday, and sit under a nice vine-covered trellis I know and enjoy free tasting for an hour or so. When we return we sit in the garden and listen to the parrots and lorikeets in the wattle as we sample our purchases. Hopefully, the reason the roads are so empty here is because so many people are labouring under the illusion that we live in "dry tundra" conditions like something out of Mad Max.

The commercial value of the Malls of America pilgrimage that Canadians enjoy has no appeal to me whatsoever.
thought we were talking about perth....
Old Aug 30th 2012, 3:07 pm
Banned

thought we were talking about perth....
Same thing in Perth, but their vineyards aren't as good and there are too many Poms there!
Old Aug 30th 2012, 3:16 pm
Banned

have you been to this area including the pacific north west? i doubt the usa or canada has cornered the market anymore than oz when it comes to malls etc. The orgegon coast is stunning with hardly a mall insight......

Comparison to Perth Australia?-cannon-beach.jpg

Comparison to Perth Australia?-portland_oregon.jpg

oz is nice but way too isolated......
Old Aug 30th 2012, 3:20 pm

Alan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond repute

Oz has too many flies. It's why they all wear cork hats like crocodile dundee.
Old Aug 30th 2012, 3:20 pm
Banned

Same thing in Perth, but their vineyards aren't as good and there are too many Poms there!
this looks very mad max like to me.......

Comparison to Perth Australia?-33-outback-scene-gascoyne-region-500-12042621481.jpg
Old Aug 30th 2012, 3:27 pm
Banned

we have dolphins and lots vineyards here too, well at least within a few hours:

Comparison to Perth Australia?-grape_vines_osoyoos.jpg

Comparison to Perth Australia?-view-mission-hill-winery.jpg

and here's our 'tundra'

Comparison to Perth Australia?-3004-0329.jpg

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.