Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Comparing Canada to USA

Comparing Canada to USA

Old May 29th 2006, 5:57 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Comparing Canada to USA

Originally Posted by Butch Cassidy
What even in Boytown?

OOPs sorry misread that one...
Heh heh!
Old May 29th 2006, 6:00 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by celine_uk
My God this whole thread is so Canadian…. I don’t get me wrong I like living here but my god Canadians STOP comparing Canada to the USA in every other sentence arrrr
Have you seen the thread header?
Old May 29th 2006, 6:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

celine_uk is a glorious beacon of lightceline_uk is a glorious beacon of lightceline_uk is a glorious beacon of lightceline_uk is a glorious beacon of lightceline_uk is a glorious beacon of lightceline_uk is a glorious beacon of lightceline_uk is a glorious beacon of lightceline_uk is a glorious beacon of lightceline_uk is a glorious beacon of lightceline_uk is a glorious beacon of lightceline_uk is a glorious beacon of light

The thread was started by an immigrant in the USA!!!!!
LOL opps i stand corrected but still lol
Old May 29th 2006, 6:26 pm
Banned

Butch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond repute

LOL opps i stand corrected but still lol
LOL rite back atchya the face was ironic
Old May 29th 2006, 7:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

celine_uk is a glorious beacon of lightceline_uk is a glorious beacon of lightceline_uk is a glorious beacon of lightceline_uk is a glorious beacon of lightceline_uk is a glorious beacon of lightceline_uk is a glorious beacon of lightceline_uk is a glorious beacon of lightceline_uk is a glorious beacon of lightceline_uk is a glorious beacon of lightceline_uk is a glorious beacon of lightceline_uk is a glorious beacon of light

LOL rite back atchya the face was ironic
lol you should have seen the face lol, but no my point is still Canadians are forever comparing Canada to the US
Old May 29th 2006, 7:44 pm
Assimilated Pauper

lol you should have seen the face lol, but no my point is still Canadians are forever comparing Canada to the US
Well of course, Canadians are, for all practical purposes, disenfrachised Americans.
Old May 29th 2006, 7:48 pm
Moderαtor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute

Despite the popularity of comparison in the media and politics, I cant remember any of the canadians I know or work with harping on about the US, but Im sure it happens, it would be kind of like not commenting on the "elephant in the room" to ignore the fact that they are right there next to us.

Maybe there is the odd comment about gas prices, but thats about it around here.
Old May 29th 2006, 7:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

SANDRAPAUL is just really niceSANDRAPAUL is just really niceSANDRAPAUL is just really niceSANDRAPAUL is just really niceSANDRAPAUL is just really niceSANDRAPAUL is just really niceSANDRAPAUL is just really niceSANDRAPAUL is just really nice

OK I have only been here 5 months but I have met perhaps in excess of 300 business people through Networking and plenty on top of that as friends and neighbours. Not once has the subject come up about Americans accept when mentioning perhaps going to get some cheap clothes across the border. Like the English who hardly ever mention the Welsh or Scotts the Canadians know America is there but why talk about it. Obvious really.

Perhaps the Londoners in Ontario are not so anally fixated about their southern partners, as other parts of Canada/Ontario?