British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Canada (https://britishexpats.com/forum/canada-56/)
-   -   A common thread but...OMG I am moving on Saturday (https://britishexpats.com/forum/canada-56/common-thread-but-omg-i-am-moving-saturday-351040/)

allie2 Jan 27th 2006 12:54 am

A common thread but...OMG I am moving on Saturday

I am sooooo nervous and I have contributed so little, but please give me karma...

I have shipped my stuff and still need 3 excess bags. And I keep crying when leaving my best friend, parents, cat (who had a scale and polish today). I sooo want this move but feel really down...I don't mind whichever job I end up doing...

willmore Jan 27th 2006 1:11 am

Re: A common thread but...OMG I am moving on Saturday

Originally Posted by allie2
I am sooooo nervous and I have contributed so little, but please give me karma...

I have shipped my stuff and still need 3 excess bags. And I keep crying when leaving my best friend, parents, cat (who had a scale and polish today). I sooo want this move but feel really down...I don't mind whichever job I end up doing...

Here's some good luck karma for you! (Hope its ok)

Calgal Jan 27th 2006 1:15 am

Blimey girl - it's working! You only had one little Karma box when I looked in here a few minutes ago :)

iwanttotalktoyou Jan 27th 2006 3:47 am

If you want jobs, move to Calgary or Edmonton.

SarahBC Jan 27th 2006 5:09 am

Good Luck Allie!

We came to BC in April 05. We turned up in a country where we didn't know a single person, and had only visited for one week previously. But we're ok now. In fact, we had a party last weekend and that was a great success.

Things are always terribly daunting when you're facing a complete unknown. Just keep talking to people, you'll start to make friends and that always makes things feel better.

PS. Don't forget your Bisto, and Walkers Cheese & Onion crisps. Our experience is that you'll be needing those.

Take care,

Sarah

Alberta_Rose Jan 27th 2006 5:10 am

Oh bless! .... a real roller-coaster isn't it!

I recall feeling quite flat when the time came too ..... you'll be fine! :)

btw m'dear, I think you have the years wrong in your siggy?? :confused:

Butch Cassidy Jan 27th 2006 3:57 pm

Good luck!!!!
It is a rollercoaster, we are weeks away from our move AND today I cant decide if I want to go after all!! Tomorrow I'll be positive i wanna go!!
Enjoy the adventure and keep us posted. :D

us3andthedog Jan 27th 2006 4:23 pm

I would love to swap places with you, Wish we were getting ready to leave intead I have a long 30 months left to wait!!

Alberta_Rose Jan 27th 2006 5:17 pm

Originally Posted by us3andthedog
I would love to swap places with you, Wish we were getting ready to leave intead I have a long 30 months left to wait!!

ha! I bet you can't think what we are on about ...... you just wait til it's you standing on the edge, summoning the nerve to jump! :p

..... actually by that time you kinda feel like you are being swept along by a strong wind that's gonna blow you off that edge whether you have reservations or not!! :scared: