Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Coming for recce - Ontario

Coming for recce - Ontario

Old Jul 29th 2019, 1:13 am

Piff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond repute
Default Coming for recce - Ontario

Yep, we are coming for a weeks vacation and looky loo, we are going to be 'above' Toronto, do you recommend any particular places, should we not bother with certan part?

any input would be lovely.

thank you so much.
Old Jul 29th 2019, 12:10 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Coming for recce - Ontario

Originally Posted by Piff Poff
Yep, we are coming for a weeks vacation and looky loo, we are going to be 'above' Toronto, do you recommend any particular places, should we not bother with certan part?

any input would be lovely.

thank you so much.
You could examine the inside of the Wooly, in Guelph, one weekday lunchtime. If you did that I, and perhaps HGerchikov, could advise you on biting flying things, ice dams, tornadoes and other local joys. Of course, it depends how far above Toronto you'll be; if you're in North Bay you'll already have experienced all of that.
Old Jul 29th 2019, 2:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

HGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dbd33
You could examine the inside of the Wooly, in Guelph, one weekday lunchtime. If you did that I, and perhaps HGerchikov, could advise you on biting flying things, ice dams, tornadoes and other local joys. Of course, it depends how far above Toronto you'll be; if you're in North Bay you'll already have experienced all of that.

Count me in - if you were so inclined.
Old Jul 29th 2019, 2:55 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by HGerchikov
Count me in - if you were so inclined.
It doesn't have to be the Wooly, of course, that's just a landmark where there used to be good food.
Old Jul 29th 2019, 9:31 pm

Piff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond repute

We will have to try to work something out! I will be in Guelph a little as that's where my daughter has just moved to!
Old Jul 29th 2019, 11:02 pm
Assimilated Pauper

We will have to try to work something out! I will be in Guelph a little as that's where my daughter has just moved to!
I rather thought the one would lead to the other. What does she think of it so far?
Old Jul 30th 2019, 11:35 pm

I rather thought the one would lead to the other. What does she think of it so far?
she moved just over the weekend, I'm letti g the stress levels reduce before chatting to her🤣🤣 they moved to a nice shiny brand new apartment, I still don't understand why they have moved so far away from where she is going to school, but of course I know nothing 🙄
Old Jul 31st 2019, 1:23 am
Assimilated Pauper

she moved just over the weekend, I'm letti g the stress levels reduce before chatting to her🤣🤣 they moved to a nice shiny brand new apartment, I still don't understand why they have moved so far away from where she is going to school, but of course I know nothing 🙄
Tsk, youth of today. I guess they're in the south end, what the locals call Guelphasauga.
Old Jul 31st 2019, 8:44 pm

Paisley Road?
Old Jul 31st 2019, 10:57 pm
Assimilated Pauper

Paisley Road?
Not the south end. Much better. Paisley starts downtown but I'd guess they're out west, the other side of the Hanlon Expressway, near Costco. A bit featureless but one bus to all kinds of trouble, er, I mean, wholesome cultural activities.
Old Jul 31st 2019, 11:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

HGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond repute

Not the south end. Much better. Paisley starts downtown but I'd guess they're out west, the other side of the Hanlon Expressway, near Costco. A bit featureless but one bus to all kinds of trouble, er, I mean, wholesome cultural activities.
There is a new building on the corner of Paisley and Elmira - so right next to Costco. There is an LCBO there too - so what more do you need?
Old Aug 1st 2019, 12:09 am
Assimilated Pauper

Originally Posted by HGerchikov
There is a new building on the corner of Paisley and Elmira - so right next to Costco. There is an LCBO there too - so what more do you need?
That LCBO doesn't keep Pride but that plaza does include a CAA office which would be useful if one were about to visit a country where they don't speak English or French and want to drive there. The whole south side of Paisley seems to be is new, mostly rental, buildings, one sign offers "New Luxury Rental Townhomes" - they look nice but have a view of the bins. New rental developments seem to be in fashion, there are lots in Orangeville too. Anyway, for all that end of Paisley is handy for Costco, it's a long way from Trapper's Alley and the Stampede Ranch.
Old Aug 2nd 2019, 12:42 am

I know it's a new apartment, I know it's got climate control, in suite laundry, a balcony, solar panels, a gym, bbq and a dog park lol. It's good there is a bus that's handy as she will need that. Mr Piff is still deciding on meeting, he is the less outgoing of us, I'll keep nudging, I think it will be good to get the down low and to put faces to names, I mean we've been talking for eons!
Old Aug 2nd 2019, 2:31 am
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

I know it's a new apartment, I know it's got climate control, in suite laundry, a balcony, solar panels, a gym, bbq and a dog park lol. It's good there is a bus that's handy as she will need that. Mr Piff is still deciding on meeting, he is the less outgoing of us, I'll keep nudging, I think it will be good to get the down low and to put faces to names, I mean we've been talking for eons!
Perhaps concentrate his thoughts on beer.. rather than other Brits who might happen to be there (but nothing is arranged dear, no...)
Old Aug 2nd 2019, 10:32 pm

Originally Posted by Siouxie
Perhaps concentrate his thoughts on beer.. rather than other Brits who might happen to be there (but nothing is arranged dear, no...)
He is a non drinker for the most part, only once in a blue moon. Maybe a food choice?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.