Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Coming for recce - Ontario

Coming for recce - Ontario

Old Aug 21st 2019, 12:49 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Coming for recce - Ontario

Originally Posted by Piff Poff
The Piff and the Poffs are going to decline this time around I'm afraid. As we are doing drive about Mr Piff doesn't think we will be able to make it. But thank you so much for the suggestion and we will definitely be up for it next time about.
Ah well, whenever you are so inclined.
Old Aug 21st 2019, 12:54 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse
Does Guelph Uni have a veterinary studies faculty with a clinic
It has a horse hospital, accepting some other animals but mainly equines. It was, to me, an amazing place. Everything is relative though, I suppose if you came from Africa and were used to seeing elephants and giraffes being wheeled around on trolleys with drips and electric paddles and all the rest of the Animal ER stuff, horses would look a bit ordinary.

Thank you for the thought that I might be educable.
Old Aug 21st 2019, 12:59 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dbd33
It has a horse hospital, accepting some other animals but mainly equines. It was, to me, an amazing place. Everything is relative though, I suppose if you came from Africa and were used to seeing elephants and giraffes being wheeled around on trolleys with drips and electric paddles and all the rest of the Animal ER stuff, horses would look a bit ordinary.

Thank you for the thought that I might be educable.
Horses are magnificent creatures, love 'em. Something I didn't realise before starting to spend a lot of time around them is that they all have their own personalities.

You already sound pretty educated to me!
Old Aug 21st 2019, 1:20 pm
Assimilated Pauper

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse
Horses are magnificent creatures, love 'em. Something I didn't realise before starting to spend a lot of time around them is that they all have their own personalities.
!
Sorry I was a while getting back to this thread, I was taking a call from the tack shop, a call to tell me that the repairs to my horse's flysheet are complete. That's the flysheet I bought to keep him going while his usual flysheet was being repaired. He'd have a third one but he's exhausted the local supply of 78" flysheets. His personality is, I suppose, "mischievous child".
Old Aug 21st 2019, 1:22 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry I was a while getting back to this thread, I was taking a call from the tack shop, a call to tell me that the repairs to my horse's flysheet are complete. That's the flysheet I bought to keep him going while his usual flysheet was being repaired. He'd have a third one but he's exhausted the local supply of 78" flysheets. His personality is, I suppose, "mischievous child".
The bugger
Old Aug 23rd 2019, 2:35 am

Piff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond repute

Ah well, whenever you are so inclined.
Gotta give Mr Piff more notice to get his head round these things 😄 He has been given notice for next time around and said yes, however i am planning a trip for May, so maybe a meet then with DD too?
Old Aug 23rd 2019, 12:11 pm
Assimilated Pauper

Gotta give Mr Piff more notice to get his head round these things 😄 He has been given notice for next time around and said yes, however i am planning a trip for May, so maybe a meet then with DD too?
Sure, I've no doubt that, if any of us survives another winter, those still standing will want lunch and/or beer.
Old Aug 27th 2019, 11:09 pm

Piff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond repute

Currently in London, ruling out lots of places so far. Its been a bit wet today, i am hoping the sun gets its act together and starts doing its thing again tomorrow. It was a long old day in the car.
Old Aug 28th 2019, 1:22 am
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute

Currently in London, ruling out lots of places so far. Its been a bit wet today, i am hoping the sun gets its act together and starts doing its thing again tomorrow. It was a long old day in the car.
I was in St. Mary's once to visit a great-uncle 50 years ago. It was nice. Have you looked there?
Old Aug 29th 2019, 1:42 am

Somehow today we have ended up in Richmond Hill via Barrie, where we managed to come across a car show. Not sure which direction we are heading in the morning but hooefully less car and more walk! I have a numb bum.