coming home

Old Jul 15th 2021, 2:21 pm
Just Joined

ukcathO is an unknown quantity at this point
Default coming home

My husband and I were planning on coming back to UK in about September (him as a returning resident) and he was doing most of the checking. He just passed away in May very suddenly, and now I'm in the position of rather rapidly selling our home, and moving myself and dog back to the UK, My house is due to sell at the end of the month, puppy is just about ready to go ( cant go till after the Aug 6th due to age and Rabies shot needing 21 days). The dog is easier as he has to go through an agent. .Tying all husbands affairs' up here. selling everything apart from personal effects, (photos momentous from husband and kids etc and get back there in such short time while grieving I feel like I'm running in circles. I am taking his ashes back with me and I know how to do that and paperwork is sorted.

my confusion is how to get my personal effects over. It is a trunk, 4ft x6ft x4ft. When we came to Canada we used an agent that came to the house took everything (considerably more than I'm coming back with), they packed and flew it over. Here I'm living in rural Saskatchewan and no agents will come here to pick up. I'm assuming I'm going to have to take it direct to the airport cargo? If so don't they need a waybill or something? Can i even just take it to cargo? I'd rather not do the You pak we ship if I can avoid it
I have no idea what I'm supposed to do can anyone give me some advice please
many thanks Cath

Last edited by ukcathO; Jul 15th 2021 at 2:43 pm.
Old Jul 15th 2021, 2:41 pm
Slightly Canadian

Atlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: coming home

Sorry to hear about your loss. Perhaps you could contact your airline and see whether it could be taken as excess/oversize baggage?
Old Jul 15th 2021, 4:36 pm
Just Joined

ukcathO is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: coming home

Originally Posted by Atlantic Xpat;[url=tel:13029742
13029742[/url]]Sorry to hear about your loss. Perhaps you could contact your airline and see whether it could be taken as excess/oversize baggage?

thank you will try that. Get wrights and measurements together see what they say.