Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Is it cold in Canada?

Is it cold in Canada?

Old Jan 3rd 2009, 9:08 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Is it cold in Canada?

Originally Posted by Rainey69
Can't ever remember mentioning the blonde hair!!!!! Bugger!!!!
Ahem, I guess that was a bit strong. Sorry.
Old Jan 3rd 2009, 9:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

Inse has a reputation beyond reputeInse has a reputation beyond reputeInse has a reputation beyond reputeInse has a reputation beyond reputeInse has a reputation beyond reputeInse has a reputation beyond reputeInse has a reputation beyond reputeInse has a reputation beyond reputeInse has a reputation beyond reputeInse has a reputation beyond reputeInse has a reputation beyond repute

Sometimes
Attached Thumbnails Is it cold in Canada?-cold-canada.jpeg  
Old Jan 3rd 2009, 9:10 pm

Rainey69 is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: Is it cold in Canada?

Originally Posted by dbd33
Tis ok hun...........this is the problem with the written word i guess.....
Old Jan 3rd 2009, 9:12 pm

tinytears is an unknown quantity at this point

F u c k off bimbo.
What a lovely man you are
Old Jan 3rd 2009, 9:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

G586 has a reputation beyond reputeG586 has a reputation beyond reputeG586 has a reputation beyond reputeG586 has a reputation beyond reputeG586 has a reputation beyond reputeG586 has a reputation beyond reputeG586 has a reputation beyond reputeG586 has a reputation beyond reputeG586 has a reputation beyond reputeG586 has a reputation beyond reputeG586 has a reputation beyond repute

Having a bad day?
Old Jan 3rd 2009, 9:49 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by G586
Having a bad day?
Not really, no. I suppose I should avoid discussions of the economics of healthcare, after 10,000 of them it's wearing to start a new one from the concept that no system has no cost.
Old Jan 3rd 2009, 9:52 pm
Assimilated Pauper

Tis ok hun...........this is the problem with the written word i guess.....
Thank you for the karma. Very gracious of you.
Old Jan 3rd 2009, 9:53 pm
Jedi Master

Devil Girl is just really niceDevil Girl is just really niceDevil Girl is just really niceDevil Girl is just really niceDevil Girl is just really niceDevil Girl is just really niceDevil Girl is just really niceDevil Girl is just really niceDevil Girl is just really niceDevil Girl is just really nice

Originally Posted by chumley
what a dreadful waste of a preciuos visa that someone else could have had
Hehe like me

I think it is going to be a real struggle for us to get out to Canada (I am not going to say the I word as I cannot let myself think like that)
Old Jan 3rd 2009, 9:53 pm
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tinytears
What a lovely man you are
He's vile. Truly vile.

Or is that me? I forget.
Old Jan 3rd 2009, 10:02 pm

Thank you for the karma. Very gracious of you.
I am a very gracious person!!!!! And no that really was my point......nothing is for free no matter how you look at it......i spent years working within the NHS and it can make you judgmental and a little miffed when people say it's a free service therefore taking it for granted. It has to be paid for one way or another just the same as all healthcare in other countries........and so it should!
Old Jan 3rd 2009, 10:26 pm
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

I am a very gracious person!!!!! And no that really was my point......nothing is for free no matter how you look at it......i spent years working within the NHS and it can make you judgmental and a little miffed when people say it's a free service therefore taking it for granted. It has to be paid for one way or another just the same as all healthcare in other countries........and so it should!
Yes, but it's a bit misleading to compare the NHS or Canadian systems to the US system and many others. Free, means in this context, "free at point of contact", not that collectively it's not paid for.

I await my karma with bated breath.
Old Jan 3rd 2009, 10:35 pm

Hey what is this........have a go at Rainey day.............. I am only stating a thing from PG when she said Healthcare in the UK is free.........it isn't, whether it is taken at source or not......i haven't misled anyone, and at the end of the day.....we all pay one way or another!!!!! By the way.........karma sent......now wheres mine for being such a nice person?????
Old Jan 3rd 2009, 10:36 pm
Assimilated Pauper

Quite. I suppose the position of the people in question is that they've been used to the NHS, "free" in the sense of not having to pay at the hospital, and are shocked that, because of their new immigrant status, they have to settle their hospital bills directly like most of the people in the world. Now that I'm integrated into an American family I certainly don't take "free" healthcare, such as the NHS, OHIP or the VA offers, for granted. For anyone interested in socialized medicine vs. cash medicine, the Romanov Report is a great starting point.
Old Jan 3rd 2009, 10:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

Purley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond repute

What the person said was "their son has to wait two years before he can be enroled in a state school" I had assumed that "state school" meant "school" not daycare. I guess because there is no such thing as "state" daycare is there? In Sask. there isn't.

Seems to me that if everything was the same in Canada as it is in England, then why would anybody bother moving?? However, it does seem that over and over again there are people on this board who have CHOSEN to move to Canada and then spend lots of time on here complaining about how its not the same as England!

You don't say!
Old Jan 3rd 2009, 10:37 pm
Born again atheist

By the way.........karma sent......now wheres mine for being such a nice person?????
Bloody karma whore.

Oh.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.