Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Clotted cream in Ottawa?

Clotted cream in Ottawa?

Old Sep 26th 2006, 9:07 pm
I'm a girl, dagnabbit! :)

Wannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud of
Question Clotted cream in Ottawa?

My employer just got back from the UK yesterday, and it turns out he really got the taste for clotted cream. The big question now, is - Where can it be found in Ottawa?
Old Sep 26th 2006, 9:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

britishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Clotted cream in Ottawa?

Originally Posted by Wannabe
My employer just got back from the UK yesterday, and it turns out he really got the taste for clotted cream. The big question now, is - Where can it be found in Ottawa?

Its funny you should ask this as i found it in my local sobeys just the other day!! in the deli department where they have all the fancy cheeses. its in a little jar made by Devonshire Cream. cost around $5. I wonder if your sobeys carry it?

The jars look like this.....
Attached Thumbnails Clotted cream in Ottawa?-clotted.jpg  

Last edited by britishvixen21; Sep 26th 2006 at 9:33 pm.
Old Sep 27th 2006, 11:07 am

Wannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud of

Thanks!

Originally Posted by britishvixen21
Its funny you should ask this as i found it in my local sobeys just the other day!! in the deli department where they have all the fancy cheeses. its in a little jar made by Devonshire Cream. cost around $5. I wonder if your sobeys carry it?

The jars look like this.....
Old Sep 27th 2006, 12:39 pm
Moderαtor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute

The many Loblaws group stores also carry a "President Choice" version...with or without brandy.
Old Sep 27th 2006, 4:56 pm
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Clot? Ottawa? G'wan somebody has to make a smart comment....
Old Sep 27th 2006, 9:07 pm

Really? I know he was through several Loblaws stores yesterday with no luck. Where in the store would it be - any idea? Milk, cheese, baking or "good stuff that's bad for you"?

Originally Posted by iaink
The many Loblaws group stores also carry a "President Choice" version...with or without brandy.
Old Sep 28th 2006, 12:42 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Biiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond repute

Really? I know he was through several Loblaws stores yesterday with no luck. Where in the store would it be - any idea? Milk, cheese, baking or "good stuff that's bad for you"?
I've never seen a PC one, only the Devonshire Cream Co. or whatever they're called, in Sobey's and Safeway, about 4.20 CAD for a little glass pot.

Do they really sell clotted cream with brandy in? Did you mean custard Iain?

Edit: a google shows people do actually make and eat clotted cream with brandy, and you probably didn't mean custard after all :scared: I can only begin to imagine the horrors of a brandy and jam scone....
Old Sep 28th 2006, 3:18 am
Account Closed

Sean Boxer is an unknown quantity at this point

What an exciting life we lead!
Old Sep 28th 2006, 4:24 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Loblaws sell clotted cream?

Note to daughter: Add clotted cream to the list of things to bring home...but make sure you get the dark chocolate digestives first.
Old Sep 28th 2006, 5:33 am
Class 1 Driver and Nurse

andy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond repute

Sheila bought me some "clotted cream" but it bore no resemblance in look or taste to the real CC that i had in the UK.
I would save your money and give it a miss or spend a little extra and get it shipped over.
Old Sep 28th 2006, 11:10 am

This isn't me, it's my boss! I have wayyyy more exciting things to do.

Originally Posted by Sean Boxer
What an exciting life we lead!
Old Sep 28th 2006, 12:53 pm
Moderαtor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute

Maybe it was just an Xmas thing? I havent looked for it recently. It was in the local "independent" grocer, and there were two sorts (no, not custard!). I thought at the time it was PC, but it might have been something else, I wasnt paying too much attention, the fat content >50% got my attention.

In the one store round here I know has it its in the dairy cabinet near the eggs / cheese / milk. I'll take a look next time I'm in there.
Old Sep 28th 2006, 6:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

sysclp is a name known to allsysclp is a name known to allsysclp is a name known to allsysclp is a name known to allsysclp is a name known to allsysclp is a name known to allsysclp is a name known to allsysclp is a name known to allsysclp is a name known to allsysclp is a name known to allsysclp is a name known to all

I have seen it in the deli dept. near the fancy cheeses and spreads.
Old Sep 28th 2006, 6:55 pm
Forum Regular

Hudman is just really niceHudman is just really niceHudman is just really niceHudman is just really niceHudman is just really niceHudman is just really niceHudman is just really niceHudman is just really niceHudman is just really niceHudman is just really niceHudman is just really nice

Originally Posted by andy_sheila
Sheila bought me some "clotted cream" but it bore no resemblance in look or taste to the real CC that i had in the UK.
I would save your money and give it a miss or spend a little extra and get it shipped over.

I agree, if it aint Roddas it aint clotted cream.
Its a very specific taste and texture.
Like comparing Asti-spumante to Champagne.
Old Sep 28th 2006, 7:37 pm

Souvenir is an unknown quantity at this point

http://www.knittingpatterncentral.com/

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.