Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

City of Calgary hires 80 Brits

City of Calgary hires 80 Brits

Old Nov 12th 2008, 10:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

kb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nice
Default Re: City of Calgary hires 80 Brits

Well at least they were honest with you which is a good sign . We have been here 15 months now and don't ever want to go back to the UK esp the state its in at the moment , You will have better quality of life out here that's for sure and a better future for your family. It does have its downsides though (cant buy any decent furniture ..JOKE !) The first winter is a shock esp if you have to drive all day as you will and me The driving standards are a joke and the rush hour is manic on the Deerfoot Trail. We still haven't got a family doctor and although there are walk in medical centers you will have to wait a few hours to see anyone , Most things are cheaper electrical goods cars etc And petrol (gas) is predicted to hit 82c this week. All in all its a better place to live no doubt about that. Anymore info just PM me I could always ask the supervisor at the Bus Barns about any specific questions you may have before you get here .

What company will your Hubby be working for when he gets out here ? I know a few that recruit UK drivers esp with left hand drive experience.
Old Nov 13th 2008, 12:39 am
BE Enthusiast

mjwalker007 has a reputation beyond reputemjwalker007 has a reputation beyond reputemjwalker007 has a reputation beyond reputemjwalker007 has a reputation beyond reputemjwalker007 has a reputation beyond reputemjwalker007 has a reputation beyond reputemjwalker007 has a reputation beyond reputemjwalker007 has a reputation beyond reputemjwalker007 has a reputation beyond reputemjwalker007 has a reputation beyond reputemjwalker007 has a reputation beyond repute

To those people that have decided to make the move good luck to you ! dont listen to the negativity, always think positive ! if things dont work out you've at least given it a go, instead of the many people that moan that their life is awful , yet do nothing about it !
And Rich007, for someone that seems to have a distaste for anything British, and someone that moans about Brits moving to Canada and wanting to keep a few of their British Traditions.........................you seem to spend an awful lot of time hanging around an EX PATS website !!!!
Old Nov 13th 2008, 12:52 am
Lotus-eater

Rich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mjwalker007
And Rich007, for someone that seems to have a distaste for anything British, and someone that moans about Brits moving to Canada and wanting to keep a few of their British Traditions.........................you seem to spend an awful lot of time hanging around an EX PATS website !!!!
Like a few of my kind, unfortunately the minority, I have to add a dose of reality for all the deluded rose tinted tea-supping Union Jack wearing, spiky-haired, soccer loving, Marmite-missing misfit-Brit brigade.

Even if I don't suckle at the warm teat of Ye Olde Worlde of Yore, I can't deny that I am actually an expat.

BTW, you're way out of your league. Stick to the vile sniveling realms of the small-time fussy hissing misfit-Brits and their "picnics" and jolly la-di-dah Upper Mission dull get togethers.

R.

Last edited by Rich_007; Nov 13th 2008 at 1:09 am.
Old Nov 13th 2008, 1:53 am
BE Enthusiast

mjwalker007 has a reputation beyond reputemjwalker007 has a reputation beyond reputemjwalker007 has a reputation beyond reputemjwalker007 has a reputation beyond reputemjwalker007 has a reputation beyond reputemjwalker007 has a reputation beyond reputemjwalker007 has a reputation beyond reputemjwalker007 has a reputation beyond reputemjwalker007 has a reputation beyond reputemjwalker007 has a reputation beyond reputemjwalker007 has a reputation beyond repute

ahh dont be like that, ! no need to be nasty , you'll give yourself a hernia ! perhaps you should start a new forum called.............. British Ex Ex Pats !!
Old Nov 13th 2008, 4:57 am
Lotus-eater

Rich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mjwalker007
ahh dont be like that, ! no need to be nasty , you'll give yourself a hernia ! perhaps you should start a new forum called.............. British Ex Ex Pats !!
I said you're out of your league. There's a nice fluffy place for your sort.

R.
Old Nov 13th 2008, 5:50 am
Loving it here!

ClareBC is a splendid one to beholdClareBC is a splendid one to beholdClareBC is a splendid one to beholdClareBC is a splendid one to beholdClareBC is a splendid one to beholdClareBC is a splendid one to beholdClareBC is a splendid one to beholdClareBC is a splendid one to beholdClareBC is a splendid one to beholdClareBC is a splendid one to beholdClareBC is a splendid one to behold

Good luck to them!! And well done Calgary City (it makes a change from the usual - which is municipalities poaching staff from other municipalities!!)

And, surely working for a Council is going to be a nice secure spot to be in during a recession...
Old Nov 13th 2008, 10:58 pm
Banned

McLovin is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Rich_007
I said you're out of your league. There's a nice fluffy place for your sort.

R.
What makes you guys any different? As far as I can see you're both Brits who have moved over here and are trying to make a go of it, except one of them is more bitter, hung up and more British than the other. What gives?
Old Nov 14th 2008, 12:51 am
Lotus-eater

Originally Posted by McLovin
What gives?
Listen up, the only reasons I come on here is to share some real world insight into life here in the dimension of strangeness that is BC, and to balance out the fluffy bunny/rose tinted shades brigade. Oh and to bait the "marmite/reddy brek/tea drinking/spiky haired muppet/Coronation Street/can I ship my pet monkey Fred" crowd.

Living it real, redneck style.

R.
Old Nov 14th 2008, 12:55 am
BE Forum Addict

kb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nice

Listen up, the only reasons I come on here is to share some real world insight into life here in the dimension of strangeness that is BC, and to balance out the fluffy bunny/rose tinted shades brigade. Oh and to bait the "marmite/reddy brek/tea drinking/spiky haired muppet/Coronation Street/can I ship my pet monkey Fred" crowd.

Living it real, redneck style.

R.
Translated that means "I love to wind people up "
Old Nov 14th 2008, 1:11 am
Lotus-eater

Originally Posted by kb33
Translated that means "I love to wind people up "
Untranslated as, "I tell it like it is" sweetie.

And I actually tend to be helpful, check out my karma. Well earned, it is, young Jedi.

R.
Old Nov 14th 2008, 2:29 am
BE Forum Addict

And I actually tend to be helpful, check out my karma. Well earned, it is, young Jedi.

R.
No need to tell it like it is, Let people find out for themselves and let them make there own mind up.

Thanks for calling me "young "

<patronizing get >
Old Nov 14th 2008, 3:08 am
Banned

"Living it real redneck style" Really? Are you sure? Yet you "tell it like it is", OK.

Well take it from me, being a Canadian I would say you sound more British than the majority of posters on here. Most the Brits I've met have been awesome inspiring and complete and utter nut jobs, having said that though I've met some doofs , not many, but hey I've met doofs from all over the world. I fail to see the hate you've got.

Show some love and respect for your fellow man and you'll integrate better into BC. We all love each other here man Everyone's got as much right to be here as the next man. Come biking with me at Revvy, rip up some trails and just be happy to be here
Old Nov 14th 2008, 3:23 am
Lotus-eater

"Living it real redneck style" Really? Are you sure? Yet you "tell it like it is", OK.
Crawl back under the rock you came out from. You're as Canadian as fish and chips.

R.
Old Nov 14th 2008, 3:27 am
Banned

Crawl back under the rock you came out from. You're as Canadian as fish and chips.

R.
What Kamloops?
Chill out man, you need to relax.
Old Nov 14th 2008, 3:34 am
Lotus-eater

What Kamloops?
Chill out man, you need to relax.
It's obvious who you really are, multi-poster. Lame spiky haired little snot.

Call it.

R.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.