Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Citizenship tests (Mississauga)

Citizenship tests (Mississauga)

Old Jan 8th 2011, 4:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

cov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to behold
Default Citizenship tests (Mississauga)

My OH is due to take his citizenship test in 2 weeks in Mississauga. He's got the material, and there is now an app for the iphone with practice questions etc.

Has anyone taken the test recently in Mississauga? I'm just curious if you find out the results before you leave the test centre, or if you have to wait to find out if you passed? Can anyone walk us through what happens on the day? Is the test computerised or paper?

Recent timelines indicate it's a 7-11 week wait for the oath after taking the test in Miss., which is a bit of a pain, but in the home stretch now!
Old Jan 8th 2011, 6:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

SAW 04 has a reputation beyond reputeSAW 04 has a reputation beyond reputeSAW 04 has a reputation beyond reputeSAW 04 has a reputation beyond reputeSAW 04 has a reputation beyond reputeSAW 04 has a reputation beyond reputeSAW 04 has a reputation beyond reputeSAW 04 has a reputation beyond reputeSAW 04 has a reputation beyond reputeSAW 04 has a reputation beyond reputeSAW 04 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Citizenship tests (Mississauga)

We did the test im Mississauga and had the ceromony 6 weeks later. Its a paper test with multiple choice answers. Its very easy.
Good luck

Originally Posted by cov-canuck
My OH is due to take his citizenship test in 2 weeks in Mississauga. He's got the material, and there is now an app for the iphone with practice questions etc.

Has anyone taken the test recently in Mississauga? I'm just curious if you find out the results before you leave the test centre, or if you have to wait to find out if you passed? Can anyone walk us through what happens on the day? Is the test computerised or paper?

Recent timelines indicate it's a 7-11 week wait for the oath after taking the test in Miss., which is a bit of a pain, but in the home stretch now!
Old Jan 8th 2011, 6:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

Tuppence has a reputation beyond reputeTuppence has a reputation beyond reputeTuppence has a reputation beyond reputeTuppence has a reputation beyond reputeTuppence has a reputation beyond reputeTuppence has a reputation beyond reputeTuppence has a reputation beyond reputeTuppence has a reputation beyond reputeTuppence has a reputation beyond reputeTuppence has a reputation beyond reputeTuppence has a reputation beyond repute

They don't tell you if you have passed. We just got the invitation to the ceremony in the mail.
Old Jan 8th 2011, 7:03 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

macmike41 has a reputation beyond reputemacmike41 has a reputation beyond reputemacmike41 has a reputation beyond reputemacmike41 has a reputation beyond reputemacmike41 has a reputation beyond reputemacmike41 has a reputation beyond reputemacmike41 has a reputation beyond reputemacmike41 has a reputation beyond reputemacmike41 has a reputation beyond reputemacmike41 has a reputation beyond reputemacmike41 has a reputation beyond repute

there is now an app for the iphone with practice questions etc.
Hi Can you advise what the app is? my daughter is heading that way soon. Thanks
Old Jan 8th 2011, 8:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

cov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to behold

He got the one mentioned here http://www.v-soul.com/onlinetest/
Old Jan 8th 2011, 9:47 pm
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Has anyone who speaks basic English or French ever failed the citizenship test?
Old Jan 8th 2011, 11:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

SAW 04 has a reputation beyond reputeSAW 04 has a reputation beyond reputeSAW 04 has a reputation beyond reputeSAW 04 has a reputation beyond reputeSAW 04 has a reputation beyond reputeSAW 04 has a reputation beyond reputeSAW 04 has a reputation beyond reputeSAW 04 has a reputation beyond reputeSAW 04 has a reputation beyond reputeSAW 04 has a reputation beyond reputeSAW 04 has a reputation beyond repute

I sincerley hope not

Originally Posted by Novocastrian
Has anyone who speaks basic English or French ever failed the citizenship test?
Old Jan 9th 2011, 11:17 pm
Forum Regular

workhouse is an unknown quantity at this point

I've read recently that a fair number of randomly asked Canucks get a fair % of the questions wrong, many of which have little relevance to actually living here!

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/...rticle1816501/

Do the prep and you'll be fine We did ours in 2000, our post exam registration line up comprised of Brits, Yanks, Kiwis, Aussies, South Africans etc so yes, English as a first language is more than useful

Last edited by workhouse; Jan 9th 2011 at 11:23 pm.
Old Jan 10th 2011, 1:59 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

macmike41 has a reputation beyond reputemacmike41 has a reputation beyond reputemacmike41 has a reputation beyond reputemacmike41 has a reputation beyond reputemacmike41 has a reputation beyond reputemacmike41 has a reputation beyond reputemacmike41 has a reputation beyond reputemacmike41 has a reputation beyond reputemacmike41 has a reputation beyond reputemacmike41 has a reputation beyond reputemacmike41 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks cov-canuck
Old Jan 10th 2011, 6:03 am
Banned

Manat is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello Everyone; I am Moris here, I am born USA.So i want Citizenship tests.But I don,t know,What I do.Please some one provide some information regading same.Thanks.