Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Citizenship test

Wikiposts

Citizenship test

Old Oct 7th 2013, 4:46 am
BE Enthusiast

the_tones_guy has a reputation beyond reputethe_tones_guy has a reputation beyond reputethe_tones_guy has a reputation beyond reputethe_tones_guy has a reputation beyond reputethe_tones_guy has a reputation beyond reputethe_tones_guy has a reputation beyond reputethe_tones_guy has a reputation beyond reputethe_tones_guy has a reputation beyond reputethe_tones_guy has a reputation beyond reputethe_tones_guy has a reputation beyond reputethe_tones_guy has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Citizenship test

Hi BE'ers.....

Been a while since I posted, I am coming to the end of my actual paperwork and doing stuff process, it all started in February 2008, PR in May 2009 - I have my citizenship test in 10 days time, I am studying like crazy and doing the many citizenship online and iPad app tests when I have a free minute, I am now always getting 85%+ every test I have done, I know the pass mark is 75%, BUT what happens if you fail the test?

What's the process and how long does it take to get a new date, do you get a new date, do you have to reapply?

Anywho, I hope I don't fail and am doing everything I can to ace the test (well....get at least 75%)!

But would be interested in knowing what happens if you fail.

Thanks in advance everyone.

PS. My PR card expires in May next year (so does the families, they came to Canada after me, their citizenship paperwork is done and approved, they are just waiting for a date now too, I guess that is a year away though), anyway, I paid the 4 x $50 for all of us and have done all the paperwork, which is sitting on the side ready to post after the wife does her pictures, this was before I got my test date, if I pass the test, I won't need a new PR card, is it easy to get 'my' $50 back?
Old Oct 7th 2013, 5:03 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Citizenship test

If you do not pass the written test, but meet the other requirements for citizenship, we will schedule you for a second test. If you do not pass the second test, we will send you a notice telling you to come to an interview with a citizenship judge.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/citizenship/cit-test.asp
Old Oct 7th 2013, 5:24 am
BE Enthusiast

the_tones_guy has a reputation beyond reputethe_tones_guy has a reputation beyond reputethe_tones_guy has a reputation beyond reputethe_tones_guy has a reputation beyond reputethe_tones_guy has a reputation beyond reputethe_tones_guy has a reputation beyond reputethe_tones_guy has a reputation beyond reputethe_tones_guy has a reputation beyond reputethe_tones_guy has a reputation beyond reputethe_tones_guy has a reputation beyond reputethe_tones_guy has a reputation beyond repute

Hiya fellow Lancastrian :0) thanks for this, I don't plan to fail, but good to know what the next steps are, if the worst happens, thanks very much.
Old Oct 7th 2013, 6:59 am
Part Time Poster

MikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond repute

He's lying........

They drag you kicking and screaming round to the back of the building and its a single shot through the head

Sad but true

Some have had the horrible alternative of opting to be maple leaf fans for the rest of their miserable lives, i'd recomend the bullet
Old Oct 7th 2013, 7:04 am
BE Enthusiast

Haha.
Old Oct 7th 2013, 7:23 am
Professional Cat herder

Zoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond repute

worse , they force you to become an American

seriously I found the practice questions to be a lot harder than the actual ones. I was lamost upset at the amount of time I had put in vs the difficulty of the actual questions
Old Oct 7th 2013, 8:00 am
BE Enthusiast

:0) that's what I am hoping, will continue with my studies though, any thoughts on the 'getting my $50 back for the PR card I have not sent off for but paid'?