Citizenship application returned

Wikiposts

Citizenship application returned

Old Apr 3rd 2013, 3:44 pm
Forum Regular

Penguin_ is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Citizenship application returned

Hi

I forgot two documents with my citizen application and it has been returned. However it says it has been returned "with your payment information", but in fact the payment info was not returned, and I checked the credit card and they didn't refund it. I'm hoping I can enclose the missing documents, tick the box saying I want to continue with the application and send it off. Or do I need to pay again and print out a new receipt.

Other question is what counts as official school records?
Old Apr 4th 2013, 3:58 am
Forum Regular

Default Re: Citizenship application returned

I think I figured out the answer to the payment. They have returned the proof of payment, but it's up to me whether to resubmit the application or have the fee returned, so that part is easy.

The second question on what constitutes 'school records' is still open. My children are in the last grade at Elementary school. Please let me know if you have any experience about what those are, but hopefully the school itself will know.
Old Apr 4th 2013, 4:29 am
Nuther day in paradise.ca

magnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond repute

You should ask the school for the school record to date. They will provide you with a summary of attendance and grade/grad points, thus far.
Old Apr 4th 2013, 1:09 pm
Forum Regular

ready2go has a brilliant futureready2go has a brilliant futureready2go has a brilliant futureready2go has a brilliant futureready2go has a brilliant futureready2go has a brilliant future

In the instruction guide for minors when applying for citizenship they are asking for copies of the passport and PR card which is fine but they also want the following additional id's

Two (2) pieces of the child’s personal identification

Both pieces of identification should show your child’s name and date of birth, one of which must have a photo on it.

Examples include:

school record
health insurance card
If there is information on both sides of your child’s personal identification documents, provide a photocopy of both sides.

I don't see how the examples they mention would include a child's photo. OHIP cards don't have the child's photo.
Could anyone suggest what could work which has a photo or do school records contain the child's photo.
Old Apr 4th 2013, 1:24 pm

magnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond repute

Passport is Pic ID

That will have to do i would think, as you say no other ID has a pic on it. Unless 16 and over then Driving Lic would be good.
Old Apr 4th 2013, 1:54 pm
Forum Regular

ready2go has a brilliant futureready2go has a brilliant futureready2go has a brilliant futureready2go has a brilliant futureready2go has a brilliant futureready2go has a brilliant future

Unfortunately they want passport and the additional ID as mentioned below

The table below outlines the documents that you need to include with your child application. You must also use the Document Checklist which is included at the end of the form (CIT 0003) to assist you gathering the necessary documentation.

Note. If any of the required documents are missing, or photocopies are not clear, your child application may be returned to you.

Note: Additional documents may be required during the processing of your application.
1 The child’s Immigration record/paper

Record of Landing (IMM 1000)
or
Confirmation of Permanent Residence (IMM 5292 or IMM 5688)
and
Both sides of the Permanent Resident Card (PRC) if you have one
Note: You must provide all of these documents in your possession. If any of these documents are no longer in your possession, please explain why.
Format: Clear and legible photocopy

2 Biographical page of Passport(s)/Travel Documents of the child

The biographical page means the page where it has your child’s name, photo, passport/travel document number, issue date and expiration date.

Provide photocopies of the biographical pages of all passports and/or travel documents of your child (valid and cancelled) for the relevant four (4) year period immediately preceding the date of your application. If the child was included in the passport(s) of one of the parents, provide copies of that passport(s)

Also, provide photocopies of any renewal pages of the passport(s)/travel documents.

Note: If any of these documents are no longer in your possession please explain why.
3 Two (2) pieces of the child’s personal identification

Both pieces of identification should show your child’s name and date of birth, one of which must have a photo on it.

Examples include:

school record
health insurance card
If there is information on both sides of your child’s personal identification documents, provide a photocopy of both sides.

For a child under school age, identification such as:

a passport page containing his or her photo and personal details, or
a hospital or immunization record, may be provided
Format: Clear and legible photocopy

4 Birth certificate or adoption order ..........

My problem is that I don,t know what to do for number 3 above when it comes to the photo ID.

Would be grateful for some help.
Old Apr 4th 2013, 1:58 pm
Forum Regular

Not sure if when they mention child under school age they are referring to those less than 5 years old or if it means all kids at school which would be anyone upto 16 years.
Old Apr 4th 2013, 4:40 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ready2go
Not sure if when they mention child under school age they are referring to those less than 5 years old or if it means all kids at school which would be anyone upto 16 years.
Under school age usually means less than 5.

As to the rest, you can't supply what you don't have. So you need to either proceed with supplying what you do have or abandon the idea of applying for citizenship. Would suggest to take the first option and deal with any questions later on.
Old Apr 5th 2013, 1:08 am
Forum Regular

My concern was that if they have asked for a specific item and they mentioned either of school record and health card, which of these according to them has a photograph on it for a school going child under 16 years.

It's like they have designed the document list so that you are doomed from the onset and your file is destined for delay.

Would appreciate it if anyone out there who has recently applied for citizenship for a child could provide information on what they enclosed for this requirement.

Thank you in advance for your help.
Old Apr 5th 2013, 2:14 am
BE Enthusiast

caleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond repute

They will have picture id from the passport and pr cards. When we applied for proof of citizenship cards or our daughters, they wanted lots of different id's such as driving licence etc, which obviously they didn't have.

The school records and health cards have the name and date of birth so they can be matched to whatever photo id you send.
Old Apr 5th 2013, 2:24 am

Originally Posted by ready2go

Would appreciate it if anyone out there who has recently applied for citizenship for a child could provide information on what they enclosed for this requirement.

Thank you in advance for your help.
Passport, school record, PR card, drive lic and medical card.

I think the instructions are generic and not specific to the OP circumstances. Just send what you have or wait until they are old enough to drive.
Old Apr 21st 2013, 4:23 am
Forum Regular

Yes that seems to be the case that the instructions are generic. I guess there are cases where a passport or PR card is not available so they need different sources of photo ID.

Anyhow I sent the application again with the school reports and attendance record which the local principal kindly prepared for us. They seem to have enough ID already as that wasn't listed on the missing items.

Another thing that got me was the oversight that you need to send all passports for the last 4 years. My wife got a new one a couple of years ago so I needed to dig out the old one and copy the bio pages.