Citizenship application

Wikiposts

Citizenship application

Old May 15th 2011, 11:50 am
Forum Regular

canglish is on a distinguished road
Default Citizenship application

Hey guys

Although I am still 2 yrs or slightly less from being able to apply for my citizenship...it just struck me today that I have no idea what kind of proof I need of me being here to apply in the future!

Do I need to keep a paper trail of utility bills, bank statements, pay stubs etc??

Any insight to what kind of things I should maybe start doing/holding on to would be appreciated!!
Old May 15th 2011, 12:10 pm
Seasoned Maritimer

Tangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Citizenship application

Originally Posted by canglish
Hey guys

Although I am still 2 yrs or slightly less from being able to apply for my citizenship...it just struck me today that I have no idea what kind of proof I need of me being here to apply in the future!

Do I need to keep a paper trail of utility bills, bank statements, pay stubs etc??

Any insight to what kind of things I should maybe start doing/holding on to would be appreciated!!
No
Old May 15th 2011, 12:52 pm
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tangram
No
To expand just ever so slightly on Tangram's accurate answer, do you think that border control etc. etc. etc. don't keep a track of you leaving and re-entering Canada?

I would ask if you'd ever heard of computers but I presume you have one.
Old May 15th 2011, 2:15 pm
Professional Cat herder

Zoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond repute

On the application you are required to list all nights you have spent outside Canada
It is a lot easier to track them as you go than try to remember 3 years down the line
Old May 15th 2011, 3:48 pm
Forum Regular

canglish is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Novocastrian
To expand just ever so slightly on Tangram's accurate answer, do you think that border control etc. etc. etc. don't keep a track of you leaving and re-entering Canada?

I would ask if you'd ever heard of computers but I presume you have one.
Well yes I kind of did presume that...never any harm in double checking though, is there?