Steve_P is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: The Church of Tim Hortons

Originally Posted by Oakvillian
Lost me now - are we on TH or BJ here?
You can get a BJ at TH???

WOW...now that's marketing.
Old Jul 19th 2007, 6:31 pm
Slightly Canadian

Atlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Steve_P

Is that what the 'with cream?' bit is about?
Old Jul 19th 2007, 6:31 pm

Souvenir is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Oakvillian
Lost me now - are we on TH or BJ here?
Pay more attention to the eroticon.
Old Jul 19th 2007, 6:33 pm

Steve_P is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Souvenir

Aha...a very cunning use of the emoticon.
Old Jul 19th 2007, 6:33 pm

Persuading people to eat the bowl the soup comes in; now that's marketing!!!
Old Jul 19th 2007, 6:38 pm
Slightly Canadian

Atlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond repute

Persuading people to eat the bowl the soup comes in; now that's marketing!!!

The bowl tastes nicer than the soup in my experience.
Old Jul 19th 2007, 6:39 pm

Aha...a very use of the emoticon.
In this case, the correct sequence would be:

Old Jul 19th 2007, 6:50 pm
Magnificently Withering

Oakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond repute

Oh, I'm sorry, I just saw the tongue sticking out. I didn't notice the breathing through the ears bit!
Old Jul 19th 2007, 6:55 pm
Magnificently Withering

Oakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond repute

In this case, the correct sequence would be:
as opposed to the other, which from a chap's point of view would be
Old Jul 19th 2007, 10:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

Liana is just really niceLiana is just really niceLiana is just really niceLiana is just really niceLiana is just really niceLiana is just really niceLiana is just really niceLiana is just really niceLiana is just really niceLiana is just really niceLiana is just really nice

Thank god there are some people who live in Canada and have a decent standard in coffee. But there again the tea in the UK in similar cafes is equally horrible.
Old Jul 19th 2007, 10:23 pm
Forum Regular

cancov is a splendid one to beholdcancov is a splendid one to beholdcancov is a splendid one to beholdcancov is a splendid one to beholdcancov is a splendid one to beholdcancov is a splendid one to beholdcancov is a splendid one to beholdcancov is a splendid one to beholdcancov is a splendid one to beholdcancov is a splendid one to beholdcancov is a splendid one to behold

On the Canadian federal government jobs site, there are Tim Horton's jobs going....Ministry of Defence, stationed in Afganistan....the pay (on top of $1800 monthly expenses) is like $40,000 for a server and like $60000 for a supervisor!!! Not bad for Timmies wage...but I don't know who would risk serving coffee over there?
Old Jul 20th 2007, 2:19 am
rae
Settled.

rae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond repute

its not the best, but its not the worst either. i think the thing is, as another posted, simple and no frills, red hot and cheap. though there may be something in the addictive bit. week 1 and i visited only once, 2nd week double that, 3rd week even more, and now its every day. i have also now discovered the wider menu as i have got over my british hugh grantish ordering where i just urrmm um aahh...coffee. now its large to go double d with wheat bagle an cheese, without taking a breath. now if i can figure out dimes from 10c i'll be laughing.
Old Jul 20th 2007, 7:03 am
Forum Regular

JimandNic is just really niceJimandNic is just really niceJimandNic is just really niceJimandNic is just really niceJimandNic is just really niceJimandNic is just really niceJimandNic is just really niceJimandNic is just really niceJimandNic is just really niceJimandNic is just really niceJimandNic is just really nice

Originally Posted by rae
now if i can figure out dimes from 10c i'll be laughing.
Now you've confused me - A dime is 10c - isn't it?

Jim still gets the dimes mixed up with the small British 5ps - so he usually ends up paying with his debit card instead of trying to pay with the correct change.

He'll probably get the hang of it just before we decide to emigrate somewhere else.
Old Jul 20th 2007, 11:03 am

Originally Posted by cancov
On the Canadian federal government jobs site, there are Tim Horton's jobs going....Ministry of Defence, stationed in Afganistan....the pay (on top of $1800 monthly expenses) is like $40,000 for a server and like $60000 for a supervisor!!! Not bad for Timmies wage...but I don't know who would risk serving coffee over there?
Plenty of people. The Kandahar branch has been open for over a year.
Old Jul 20th 2007, 3:37 pm
Forum Regular

cancov is a splendid one to beholdcancov is a splendid one to beholdcancov is a splendid one to beholdcancov is a splendid one to beholdcancov is a splendid one to beholdcancov is a splendid one to beholdcancov is a splendid one to beholdcancov is a splendid one to beholdcancov is a splendid one to beholdcancov is a splendid one to beholdcancov is a splendid one to behold

Plenty of people. The Kandahar branch has been open for over a year.
Wow! They are so brave! I could never do that but I guess I am a wimp! I showed my sister the ad and she was tempted, but she wants to join the Navy eventually so she is braver than I!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.