Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Christmas Question for the ladies

Wikiposts

Christmas Question for the ladies

Old Dec 20th 2007, 2:46 pm
Banned

startwin has a reputation beyond reputestartwin has a reputation beyond reputestartwin has a reputation beyond reputestartwin has a reputation beyond reputestartwin has a reputation beyond reputestartwin has a reputation beyond reputestartwin has a reputation beyond reputestartwin has a reputation beyond reputestartwin has a reputation beyond reputestartwin has a reputation beyond reputestartwin has a reputation beyond repute
Default Christmas Question for the ladies

I need quick answers by tomorrow please! Do you ladies buy a Christmas gift for your hairdresser? I've always given a little something, but I wonder if it's overdoing it, seeing as the hairdo is quite expensive and I always add a tip anyway. I'm trying to cut back as much as poss this year, but don't want to appear mean. On the other hand, she seems to get a little stash of gifts from clients.

Thanks in advance!
Old Dec 20th 2007, 3:00 pm

Piff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Christmas Question for the ladies

Not me no! I tip everytime I see my hairdresser and feel that is enough.

I did take a gift to the lady that owns the dog kennels though as she was giving Henry a bath today so he smells nice over Christmas and he has stayed with her lots of times this year and it's her 1st year being a kennel person. And I like her.
Old Dec 20th 2007, 3:06 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond repute

For my UK hairdresser of some many years - yes, always - but something simple like wine - which I knew she would appreciate. And/or, choccies or biccies that they would all pool and then split up in the salon ....

For my new Canadian hairdresser of only two haircuts - no, not yet. She got a tip - that'll do for now !

I guess it boils down to how long you have known them/feel loyal/friendship/just generally really like them/want to butter them up !! I suspect a little something would be very much appreciated, but not absolutely expected.

Enjoy your hair cut !
Old Dec 21st 2007, 12:06 pm
Banned

startwin has a reputation beyond reputestartwin has a reputation beyond reputestartwin has a reputation beyond reputestartwin has a reputation beyond reputestartwin has a reputation beyond reputestartwin has a reputation beyond reputestartwin has a reputation beyond reputestartwin has a reputation beyond reputestartwin has a reputation beyond reputestartwin has a reputation beyond reputestartwin has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for your help ladies. I ended up giving her a bottle of wine, and she was really happy with that. Great hairdo as usual, she really is good. But she charged me at least $10 LESS than she usually does!!!
Old Dec 21st 2007, 12:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

joelsa is a splendid one to beholdjoelsa is a splendid one to beholdjoelsa is a splendid one to beholdjoelsa is a splendid one to beholdjoelsa is a splendid one to beholdjoelsa is a splendid one to beholdjoelsa is a splendid one to beholdjoelsa is a splendid one to beholdjoelsa is a splendid one to beholdjoelsa is a splendid one to beholdjoelsa is a splendid one to behold

Having worked in a Salon for many years, i used to get loads of lovely pressies for Christmas. I had a lot of clients that i'd had for some years and it was nice to feel that after all those years they still really appreciated me. Some people would give a larger tip or a bottle of wine or chocs, all kinds of things. It was just really nice to receive gifts but certainly never expected.
I used to save up all my extra xmas tips and buy one nice big present for myself with it.