Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Christmas plans?

Christmas plans?

Old Dec 19th 2006, 4:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

AnyaT is just really niceAnyaT is just really niceAnyaT is just really niceAnyaT is just really niceAnyaT is just really niceAnyaT is just really niceAnyaT is just really niceAnyaT is just really niceAnyaT is just really niceAnyaT is just really niceAnyaT is just really nice
Default Re: Christmas plans?

Waiting to go into labour. I never want to be pregnant over Christmas again - much too tiring.
Old Dec 19th 2006, 4:59 pm

Souvenir is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by AnyaT
Waiting to go into labour. I never want to be pregnant over Christmas again - much too tiring.
Am I alone in findng that slightly ironic?
Old Dec 19th 2006, 6:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

NessieOggy has a reputation beyond reputeNessieOggy has a reputation beyond reputeNessieOggy has a reputation beyond reputeNessieOggy has a reputation beyond reputeNessieOggy has a reputation beyond reputeNessieOggy has a reputation beyond reputeNessieOggy has a reputation beyond reputeNessieOggy has a reputation beyond reputeNessieOggy has a reputation beyond reputeNessieOggy has a reputation beyond reputeNessieOggy has a reputation beyond repute

One very good reason to kick back, relax.... and let everyone else worry about Christmas preparations! Wishing you a smooth delivery of your wonderful bundle of joy! (many congrats in advance!).

Christmas this year just doesn't seem important to me. Although we haven't had the time to buy gifts or decorate... there will be lots of fond memories to share on Christmas Eve.

Oggy
Old Dec 19th 2006, 6:13 pm
Forum Regular

KarenT is an unknown quantity at this point

Was planning snowmen and skating, but the absence of snow or ice will make that tricky!! So much for a white Xmas. Unless, of course, the weatherman has got it wrong again.
Old Dec 19th 2006, 6:22 pm
Scottish Canuck

Cookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond repute

Spending our last Christmas and New Year in our present home. Will also be meeting up with lots of friends to say 'farewell, til we meet again'.

Continuing decluttering the house prior to removals men arriving on 4th/5th Jan..................... flying to NS 8th Jan to begin the second chapter in our lives 'The Canada Years'!
Old Dec 19th 2006, 6:43 pm
Forum Regular

Elli and Paul has a spectacular aura aboutElli and Paul has a spectacular aura aboutElli and Paul has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by R2D2
Collecting parents from Edm airport TOMORROW !!!!!!
Last minute Christmas shopping
Lovely Christmas morning with my lovely hubby, gorgeous kiddies, Mum and Dad, roaring log fire and snow on the ground outside. Couldn't ask for more.

Then we are off to The Rockies with my folks. Sleigh ride around Lake Louise, Ice Skating outdoors, relaxing and enjoying all things Christmassy !!!

Have a good one, wherever you are and whatever you do
MERRY CHRISTMAS

Talking of skating outdoors, we discovered Victoria Park in Edm at the weekend, along with a ton of other people.! Sooooo lovely.
That sound a lovely plan Debbie!!

Enjoy having your parents over and the trip to the mountains it all sounds magical.
Super photo of the skating in Victoria Park and look forward to seeing more in the new year when we come out.

To all have a very Merry Christmas and a wonderful 2007 however you send it!

Elli xx
Old Dec 19th 2006, 6:44 pm
Forum Regular

Elli and Paul has a spectacular aura aboutElli and Paul has a spectacular aura aboutElli and Paul has a spectacular aura about

Good luck and enjoy the rest while you can

Elli
Old Dec 19th 2006, 6:49 pm
Scottish Canuck

Cookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond repute

Best of luck. You might get a little something extra on Christmas Day
Old Dec 19th 2006, 8:16 pm

Souvenir is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Yes-can-do
Best of luck. You might get a little something extra on Christmas Day
It happens.

When I woke up on Boxing Day 1995, I was faced with the remains of an unfinished Christmas dinner. Somewhere between the turkey and the pudding my (ex) wife informed that "this baby isn't going to be born on January 5th, like we were told"
Old Dec 20th 2006, 2:54 am
Forum Regular

oakefam is a name known to alloakefam is a name known to alloakefam is a name known to alloakefam is a name known to alloakefam is a name known to alloakefam is a name known to alloakefam is a name known to alloakefam is a name known to alloakefam is a name known to alloakefam is a name known to alloakefam is a name known to all

Hi
spending Christmas day at my best mates house. Will need plenty of tylanol as there will be a 1 year old and 2 three year old girls running around all hyped up. Will be having the odd glass of something strong

Travelling to Vancouver on 27th to spend New Year with my cousin and family, stopping off at Banff for a few hours.

Can't wait

Have a good one all of you.
Old Dec 20th 2006, 3:31 am
BE Enthusiast

AnyaT is just really niceAnyaT is just really niceAnyaT is just really niceAnyaT is just really niceAnyaT is just really niceAnyaT is just really niceAnyaT is just really niceAnyaT is just really niceAnyaT is just really niceAnyaT is just really niceAnyaT is just really nice

Thanks for the best wishes. I am hoping it stays put until at least after Christmas, and preferably the New Year!

Have a great Christmas season all.
Old Dec 20th 2006, 10:45 am
Forum Regular

snowgoose is a name known to allsnowgoose is a name known to allsnowgoose is a name known to allsnowgoose is a name known to allsnowgoose is a name known to allsnowgoose is a name known to allsnowgoose is a name known to allsnowgoose is a name known to allsnowgoose is a name known to allsnowgoose is a name known to allsnowgoose is a name known to all

[QUOTE] Waiting to go into labour. I never want to be pregnant over Christmas again - much too tiring. [QUOTE]

Originally Posted by Souvenir
Am I alone in findng that slightly ironic?
I laughed at that one too......
Old Dec 20th 2006, 12:05 pm
Forum Regular

angelic_fruitcake is just really niceangelic_fruitcake is just really niceangelic_fruitcake is just really niceangelic_fruitcake is just really niceangelic_fruitcake is just really niceangelic_fruitcake is just really niceangelic_fruitcake is just really niceangelic_fruitcake is just really niceangelic_fruitcake is just really nice

I'll be at home in Soham, England, remembering what we were doing this time last year (in Banff) and looking forward to repeating in next year!

Old Dec 20th 2006, 4:15 pm
Forum Regular

Gail will become famous soon enoughGail will become famous soon enough

Unfortunately I have to work nights on 24th/25th/26th so not much of a Christmas for me.

Unlike the UK, the nursing union rules in Ontario are that if you work Christmas you work Christmas Eve, Christmas Day and Boxing Day, not just part of it.

So Iain and the girls are going to my relatives for dinner and I will be in bed. On the positive side I am then off until 5th January. We are going to the Fallsview water park at Niagara for a couple of days so looking forward to some fun and drinking large quantities of alcohol - has anyone else been?

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to you all.
Old Dec 21st 2006, 10:46 am
BE Forum Addict

burton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond repute

Well we will be spending out last xmas in the UK and preparing for our move to Alberta in 2007.

Have a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year

The Burton Bunch
x

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.