Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Childrens Car Seats - Calgary

Childrens Car Seats - Calgary

Old Aug 25th 2008, 8:54 pm
Forum Regular

ezey2008 has a brilliant futureezey2008 has a brilliant futureezey2008 has a brilliant futureezey2008 has a brilliant futureezey2008 has a brilliant futureezey2008 has a brilliant futureezey2008 has a brilliant futureezey2008 has a brilliant future
Default Childrens Car Seats - Calgary

Hi Everyone.

Can anyone recommend a place in Calgary / Alberta where we can purchase a child's car seat. They need to have a website so that we can order online from the UK for delivery to an address in Calgary!

We have tried the obvious, like Walmart, Canadian Tire etc but none stock a seat which would suit. We need to purchase 2 x high back booster seats 30lb - 100lb. Most sites we have googled.ca only stock 40lb +

Any help would be great!!

Thanks, Simon.
Old Aug 25th 2008, 9:00 pm

Steve_P is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Childrens Car Seats - Calgary

Originally Posted by ezey2008
Hi Everyone.

Can anyone recommend a place in Calgary / Alberta where we can purchase a child's car seat. They need to have a website so that we can order online from the UK for delivery to an address in Calgary!

We have tried the obvious, like Walmart, Canadian Tire etc but none stock a seat which would suit. We need to purchase 2 x high back booster seats 30lb - 100lb. Most sites we have googled.ca only stock 40lb +

Any help would be great!!

Thanks, Simon.
Do you have a Costco membership?

Childrens car seats, strollers & carriers.

Last edited by Steve_P; Aug 25th 2008 at 9:02 pm.
Old Aug 25th 2008, 9:19 pm
Forum Regular

ezey2008 has a brilliant futureezey2008 has a brilliant futureezey2008 has a brilliant futureezey2008 has a brilliant futureezey2008 has a brilliant futureezey2008 has a brilliant futureezey2008 has a brilliant futureezey2008 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Steve_P
Do you have a Costco membership?

Childrens car seats, strollers & carriers.

Hi Steve,

Thanks. We just checked the Costco site and agian the only booster seat is 40lb +.

Any other suggestions.

Simon
Old Aug 25th 2008, 9:37 pm
Forum Regular

EVA3695 has a brilliant futureEVA3695 has a brilliant futureEVA3695 has a brilliant futureEVA3695 has a brilliant futureEVA3695 has a brilliant futureEVA3695 has a brilliant futureEVA3695 has a brilliant future

Toys R Us Canada do combination car seats that seem to fit your criteria - check out their website.
Old Aug 25th 2008, 9:40 pm

Steve_P is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Steve,

Thanks. We just checked the Costco site and agian the only booster seat is 40lb +.

Any other suggestions.

Simon
The car seats are a bit more expensive but they can be used for kids up to the 40lbs then as a booster over 40lbs.

I wonder if Canadian regulations are responsible for the 10lb difference and if it is even possible to get just a booster for kids under 40lbs in Canada?

Edit: It appears my supposition is correct children under 40lbs are required to be in a "car seat" over 40lbs a "booster seat".

Link to a PDF document stating such Alberta Occupant Restraint Program

Last edited by Steve_P; Aug 25th 2008 at 9:56 pm.
Old Aug 25th 2008, 9:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

lauder99 is a name known to alllauder99 is a name known to alllauder99 is a name known to alllauder99 is a name known to alllauder99 is a name known to alllauder99 is a name known to alllauder99 is a name known to alllauder99 is a name known to alllauder99 is a name known to alllauder99 is a name known to alllauder99 is a name known to all

Hi There

I can second toys r us thats where we got ours.

Thanks
Tom
Old Aug 25th 2008, 9:50 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Biiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond repute

Sears, Canadian Tire, TRU, all the usual places do them... they're pretty common.

Canadian Tire example seat

Sears example seat

Toys R Us selection - combination seats
Old Aug 25th 2008, 10:04 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Steve_P
The car seats are a bit more expensive but they can be used for kids up to the 40lbs then as a booster over 40lbs.

I wonder if Canadian regulations are responsible for the 10lb difference and if it is even possible to get just a booster for kids under 40lbs in Canada?

Edit: It appears my supposition is correct children under 40lbs are required to be in a "car seat" over 40lbs a "booster seat".

Link to a PDF document stating such Alberta Occupant Restraint Program

Thanks Everyone!

I think you might be right about the regs Steve as all the boosters seem to be 40lb + yet you can buy the same seat in US at 30lb +

The little ones have got used to the booster seat and will have to revert back to a baby seat if we can't find one!

Toys r us and Sears are the same!

Thanks guys. Any more suggestions or have i got to break the news to them!

Simon.
Old Aug 25th 2008, 10:10 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks Everyone!

I think you might be right about the regs Steve as all the boosters seem to be 40lb + yet you can buy the same seat in US at 30lb +

The little ones have got used to the booster seat and will have to revert back to a baby seat if we can't find one!

Toys r us and Sears are the same!

Thanks guys. Any more suggestions or have i got to break the news to them!

Simon.
Just seen you're edit Steve!

That answers my question....! Back to the baby seat it is then..

Thanks Again. Simon
Old Aug 26th 2008, 12:28 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Biiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond repute

The seats I linked to are the same seat in the same position, all that changes at 40lbs is the strap - you use the 5pt one before 40lbs and the normal car seatbelt after 40lbs. What's different about those than a high backed booster, have I misunderstood?
Old Aug 26th 2008, 12:49 am
BE Forum Addict

gryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Biiiiink
The seats I linked to are the same seat in the same position, all that changes at 40lbs is the strap - you use the 5pt one before 40lbs and the normal car seatbelt after 40lbs. What's different about those than a high backed booster, have I misunderstood?
Price. A seat purely for high back booster is much cheaper.
Old Aug 26th 2008, 1:15 am
I'm a girl, dagnabbit! :)

Wannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud of

If you don't need the seat straight away, I know that Toys'R'Us are having a big sale starting Sept. 6 - I don't know what's going on sale, but there's usually some good deals to be had, hopefully a car seat that suits your needs will be on.
Old Aug 26th 2008, 1:58 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by gryphea
Price. A seat purely for high back booster is much cheaper.
Ah, thanks Gryph. Unlike me not to notice price, it's in my Scottish genes
Old Aug 26th 2008, 5:51 am

moondevil will become famous soon enoughmoondevil will become famous soon enough

But another idea, if you need them for when you land, you can take them on the airplane with you.
Wilkinsons are doing the seats for £25 each, bargain as well.

My daughter uses a booster in the uk, but needs to have the high back one, you can take them on the airplane and they go with your luggage

Hope that helps
Old Aug 26th 2008, 8:54 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Biiiiink
Hi Biiiiink,

We had been hoping to find a seat that was was suitable for 30lb + whilst using the car seat belt. The Canadian regs state that this can only be done at 40lb + .

This Reg appears to be 10lb higher than the US & UK

The little ones will have to get used to the five point harness again until we have put a few extra pounds on them (a few pancakes with some of that maple syrup should do the trick!)

Thanks for your help.

Simon.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.