Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Child Tax Benefit.

Child Tax Benefit.

Old Nov 9th 2004, 7:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

SimonG is just really niceSimonG is just really niceSimonG is just really niceSimonG is just really niceSimonG is just really niceSimonG is just really niceSimonG is just really niceSimonG is just really nice
Angry Child Tax Benefit.

When did they change the rules for child tax benefit?

We applied last year, the application was delayed due to no tax return, tax return was done, tax was finally refunded and resolved last week.

In the meantime "temporary residents" must now be resident 18 months prior to applying. So the government has spent $23.00 on interest for delaying my tax refund and saved $2,000.00 dollars for delaying it long enough for rules to change on eligibility for CCTB.
Old Nov 9th 2004, 10:33 pm
Just Joined

LegB4Wicket is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Child Tax Benefit.

Originally Posted by SimonG
When did they change the rules for child tax benefit?

We applied last year, the application was delayed due to no tax return, tax return was done, tax was finally refunded and resolved last week.

In the meantime "temporary residents" must now be resident 18 months prior to applying. So the government has spent $23.00 on interest for delaying my tax refund and saved $2,000.00 dollars for delaying it long enough for rules to change on eligibility for CCTB.
You have to love the McGuinty and Martin governments.

Seriously, you should speak to an accountant. He (or she) might be able to assist you. It could be worth a shot for $2,000.