Reload this Page >

child passport renewal photo signed

Wikiposts

child passport renewal photo signed

Old Apr 14th 2011, 2:29 am
Forum Regular

sgbolt is an unknown quantity at this point
Default child passport renewal photo signed

I have just about worked out how to renew my daughter's first passport - she's now nearly 6 but i have only been in canada for 11 months so don't know anyone who can sign the photo and say they have known me for 2 years. Any advice?
do i have to send a photo back to the uk?
Old Apr 14th 2011, 4:24 am
BE Enthusiast

Nicola N-A is a name known to allNicola N-A is a name known to allNicola N-A is a name known to allNicola N-A is a name known to allNicola N-A is a name known to allNicola N-A is a name known to allNicola N-A is a name known to allNicola N-A is a name known to allNicola N-A is a name known to allNicola N-A is a name known to allNicola N-A is a name known to all
Default Re: child passport renewal photo signed

I sent ours back to the UK to be signed - still took less time to do that and renew from here than it did when we lived in the UK!!!
Old Apr 14th 2011, 6:20 am
Forum Regular

sgbolt is an unknown quantity at this point

and is that ok to do if you actually live in canada?
Old Apr 14th 2011, 6:28 am
BE Forum Addict

jimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sgbolt
I have just about worked out how to renew my daughter's first passport - she's now nearly 6 but i have only been in canada for 11 months so don't know anyone who can sign the photo and say they have known me for 2 years. Any advice?
do i have to send a photo back to the uk?
I was in the same situation last year. I rang the helpline and they told me just to note on the form the situation why you have only known the person signing the declaration for less than 2 years.
Old Apr 14th 2011, 9:50 am
BE Enthusiast

Nicola N-A is a name known to allNicola N-A is a name known to allNicola N-A is a name known to allNicola N-A is a name known to allNicola N-A is a name known to allNicola N-A is a name known to allNicola N-A is a name known to allNicola N-A is a name known to allNicola N-A is a name known to allNicola N-A is a name known to allNicola N-A is a name known to all

I had it signed by a friend in the UK who was on 'the list' of acceptable occupations, I preferred that option (personal choice).

I think if you are getting someone to sign in Canada, they still need to be a British passport holder - which is ok if you know expats on 'the list' I guess (could be wrong).

For another renewal (different child) I downloaded the forms and took them with me to the UK as I was on a planned trip.
Old Apr 14th 2011, 9:58 am
Citizenship Nov 10 2016!!

nikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

we did ours from here after being here for about 1 year, you can get someone to sign for you, like a pp mentioned just add a note to say less than 2 years and the reason why, they dont have to be a british citizen, ours was a canadian, got it back in about 3 weeks
Old Apr 15th 2011, 4:25 am
BE Enthusiast

mumof2 is just really nicemumof2 is just really nicemumof2 is just really nicemumof2 is just really nicemumof2 is just really nicemumof2 is just really nicemumof2 is just really nicemumof2 is just really nicemumof2 is just really nicemumof2 is just really nicemumof2 is just really nice

You dont have to get a British Passport holder to sign them, i have done 1 childs & about to do the others - both signed by my Doctor who is Canadian