Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Child nurse moving to Canada

Child nurse moving to Canada

Old Jul 6th 2021, 8:34 am
Just Joined

Caitlinbradshaw has a reputation beyond reputeCaitlinbradshaw has a reputation beyond reputeCaitlinbradshaw has a reputation beyond reputeCaitlinbradshaw has a reputation beyond reputeCaitlinbradshaw has a reputation beyond reputeCaitlinbradshaw has a reputation beyond reputeCaitlinbradshaw has a reputation beyond reputeCaitlinbradshaw has a reputation beyond reputeCaitlinbradshaw has a reputation beyond reputeCaitlinbradshaw has a reputation beyond reputeCaitlinbradshaw has a reputation beyond repute
Default Child nurse moving to Canada

Hi I am a registered children nurse in the UK with 2 years experience in NICU and on a paediatric ward. I am looking to move to Canada to be with my partner however I can’t seem to find out whether my degree is transferable.
I have read lots of story’s on here as to how much of a nightmare it was trying to move to Canada! Please tell me it’s not all that bad and can be easily done!
please share your experiences with me and if you were a children’s nurse and moved to Canada
Old Jul 6th 2021, 12:17 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Child nurse moving to Canada

Originally Posted by Caitlinbradshaw
Hi I am a registered children nurse in the UK with 2 years experience in NICU and on a paediatric ward. I am looking to move to Canada to be with my partner however I can’t seem to find out whether my degree is transferable.
I have read lots of story’s on here as to how much of a nightmare it was trying to move to Canada! Please tell me it’s not all that bad and can be easily done!
please share your experiences with me and if you were a children’s nurse and moved to Canada
Hi, welcome to BE. Tons of threads about nursing and getting your qualifications recognised in Canada………..I don't remember any of them ever saying it's cheap or can be easily done I'm afraid!

If you search the forum you'll find lots of info, best of luck.
Old Jul 6th 2021, 4:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

scilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond repute

It's true ........ it is difficult, long and expensive to move as a nurse (OR teacher) to Canada.

You will probably find that you need to take more courses and training.

Someone with much more knowledge will be along soon, and can offer you more insight into the process.

In the meantime, welcome to BE, you've found the right place to get help.
Old Jul 6th 2021, 5:58 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

You may find these threads of use.

UK Registered nurse wanting to move to Ontario, Canada
UK nurse moving to Canada
UK children’s intensive care nurse, can I work in Canada?

To become a registered nurse in Ontario you will need to go through a lot of steps and beurocracy.. and it won't be fast.

If you are looking for a route to get to Canada to be with your partner, if you under the age of 31 (under 35 if you have Irish citizenship) - perhaps you could apply for an International Experience Canada 2 year work permit https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration...anada/iec.html - you wouldn't be able to initially work in your current profession, until you were certified- but it would at least get you here.. then you can investigate the potential to live together 'as if married' for a mnimum of 12 months and be sponsored by your partner for PR.. or else, Is there a possibility for you and your partner to marry?

Last edited by Siouxie; Jul 6th 2021 at 6:03 pm.