Child abuse?

Old Jun 30th 2011, 6:32 pm

Oink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Child abuse?

Originally Posted by iaink
By "let them be kids" I mean let them explore things and develop without too much pressure to perform, to just do things for the fun of it. You are an adult with other responsibilities for a long time. If they like something then they will do it to death anyway. Its a balancing act, exposing them to as many different things as you can and watching to see what it is that makes them tick, while trying to protect them from more negative influences.

I should point out Im not talking about teens here, by the time they are teens they should be pretty aware that some are going to do better than others in life.

You can let your kids be kids without an Xbox. In fact given the violence in the average Xbox game I suspect they will be kids longer without one. My kids spend far more time at the piano then playing Wii. I guess Im lucky. In fact I know I am.

If it wasn't for Wii Sports most kids in Canada wouldn't get any exercise for nine months of the year.
Old Jun 30th 2011, 6:50 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

I've just come from a discussion with two cradles about summer school.

"Did she think I'd let her go into grade 10 with a grade of just 81 for the past year? She's crying of course but that's not going to cut it in academic math"

"Anyway, they do so well there, and all their friends will be going"

"I think it sets them up to succeed"

So, it's not all "let them drift along" around here.
Old Jun 30th 2011, 6:58 pm
ModerĪ±tor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Oink
If it wasn't for Wii Sports most kids in Canada wouldn't get any exercise for nine months of the year.
What nonsense you spout sometimes .... Soccer, Hockey, Skating, Skiing, Biking, Rollerblading, Swimming. Kids do all this and more.
Old Jun 30th 2011, 7:12 pm

Oink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by iaink
What nonsense you spout sometimes .... Soccer, Hockey, Skating, Skiing, Biking, Rollerblading, Swimming. Kids do all this and more.

Duh! I meant outdoor sports like track and field. You can't do that in five feet of snow.
Old Jun 30th 2011, 7:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

gryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond repute

Duh! I meant outdoor sports like track and field. You can't do that in five feet of snow.
They do do that all year if you want it in Calgary
Old Jul 4th 2011, 4:24 am
BE Forum Addict

London Mike has a reputation beyond reputeLondon Mike has a reputation beyond reputeLondon Mike has a reputation beyond reputeLondon Mike has a reputation beyond reputeLondon Mike has a reputation beyond reputeLondon Mike has a reputation beyond reputeLondon Mike has a reputation beyond reputeLondon Mike has a reputation beyond reputeLondon Mike has a reputation beyond reputeLondon Mike has a reputation beyond reputeLondon Mike has a reputation beyond repute

They flew the coup along time ago. And while I wanted a better life for them, I suspect back in the day they were hanging around with the likes of lmartin999 at the back of the precinct, sniffing glue listening to the Crass, Angelic Upstarts, Cockney Rejects, Boney M and other musicians that horrified my wife and I. But I think they grew up okay. I left them when they were 18 to pursue my dream of coming to Canada. Although I haven't heard from them since, they were grown up so I had do what was good for me.
Very good Oink
Old Jul 4th 2011, 12:12 pm
Nuther day in paradise.ca

magnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond repute

What a load of crap.

We play soccer, yes Oink, an outdoor sport, all year round. Have a look round next time you are out in your car or on the train, you will see domes all over the place. Golf domes & soccer domes. We even fly rc planes indoors in domes and school gyms.

Yes, dont forget school gyms, they all rent out the gyms during the winter season for sport and dancing and anything you may wish to enrole your kids into.