Child abuse?

Old Jun 28th 2011, 11:08 pm
Forum Regular

Canuck2b is a glorious beacon of lightCanuck2b is a glorious beacon of lightCanuck2b is a glorious beacon of lightCanuck2b is a glorious beacon of lightCanuck2b is a glorious beacon of lightCanuck2b is a glorious beacon of lightCanuck2b is a glorious beacon of lightCanuck2b is a glorious beacon of lightCanuck2b is a glorious beacon of lightCanuck2b is a glorious beacon of lightCanuck2b is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Child abuse?

Originally Posted by Oink
I was more interested in the issues children face growing up in Canada but with foreign parents. Granted because in most of Canada English is spoken as a first language its a little easier for UK residents, but there are real differences in culture. Given the propensity for children to be desperate to fit in with the local culture and parents from another, issues must arise. I've met some adults who grew up in precisely that situation and found the clash of cultures between home-life and the wider society to cause many problems later in life. Many have become drug addicts and or alcoholics and many have also over-compensated with their children.
So what happens when the kids have one Canadian parent and one Scottish parent and they lived in England before they moved to Canada???????

My kids prefer their Canadian life to their UK one!
Old Jun 28th 2011, 11:14 pm

Oink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Canuck2b
So what happens when the kids have one Canadian parent and one Scottish parent and they lived in England before they moved to Canada???????

My kids prefer their Canadian life to their UK one!
I think you're the one to answer that question.

Although the question wasn't, do your kids prefer one country over the other? I was interested in any issues that have surfaced because of the cross and mixed cultural component of family dynamics.
Old Jun 28th 2011, 11:22 pm
Forum Regular

Canuck2b is a glorious beacon of lightCanuck2b is a glorious beacon of lightCanuck2b is a glorious beacon of lightCanuck2b is a glorious beacon of lightCanuck2b is a glorious beacon of lightCanuck2b is a glorious beacon of lightCanuck2b is a glorious beacon of lightCanuck2b is a glorious beacon of lightCanuck2b is a glorious beacon of lightCanuck2b is a glorious beacon of lightCanuck2b is a glorious beacon of light

I think you're the one to answer that question.

Although the question wasn't, do your kids prefer one country over the other? I was interested in any issues that have surfaced because of the cross and mixed cultural component of family dynamics.
I think nowadays there are less issues surrounding mixed race/culture kids than there ever were before. We have a bundle of kids from mixed parents and they are all eager to embrace where they are from and explain the make up of their history........Well that is what I have found here anyway. It also depends where you are bringing your kids up.....Certainly, had we stayed in Peterborough, England my kids would have witnessed abuse for the same reason. I personally think its better here than where we were anyway!
Old Jun 28th 2011, 11:49 pm
Pictou County Superstarâ„¢

Greenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond repute

I suspect there is a tendency for sympathetic masturbation, administered by the loving human dog-mother in a stealthy, yet clinical, loving sense. Compulsive, uncontrolled tendencies [born from a lack of actual human motherhood and human-child nurturing and an irrational hatred of men] lead to an extenuated motherly sense that baby dog needs to be sexually released (without contamination from an alien handbag other-dog), and, given the sex of the elderly human administrator of the ejaculatory procedure and the violent, demanding attitude of the small perfumed puffball purse-dog, a criminal act of beastiaility is overlooked as a kindness to cute furball whose eternal existence is to accompany the short-tempered shortarsed round-lady who carries the dog-carrying purse from high-fashion clothes store, via the library, then back to her trailer where she feeds it predigested prime steak from her own mouth and lips.

I suppose that's why they wear matching clothes.

Originally Posted by el_richo
Plus cultural issues. The other dogs wear clothes and are carried around by owners wearing matching outfits.
Old Jun 29th 2011, 12:41 am
Slightly Canadian

Atlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond repute

My 2 1/4 year old Canadian born daughter can say 'I only told you to blow the bloody doors off!' although not, as yet in a Michael Caine accent. Is that child abuse on my part?
Old Jun 29th 2011, 12:50 am
slanderer of the innocent

ExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Atlantic Xpat
My 2 1/4 year old Canadian born daughter can say 'I only told you to blow the bloody doors off!' although not, as yet in a Michael Caine accent. Is that child abuse on my part?
No, that's just teaching her proper english that is.
Old Jun 29th 2011, 12:51 am
Sawdust making harpy

mandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond repute

No, i'm all for parents teaching very young to children to say random comments for the general hilarity of others
Old Jun 29th 2011, 1:37 am
Slightly Canadian

Atlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mandymoochops
No, i'm all for parents teaching very young to children to say random comments for the general hilarity of others
Much of the hilarity is mine alone as the quotes are from movies and tv programmes the locals will likely never have heard of. I thought about 'The Mafia? I've shit 'em' next but likely will go for 'We're the sweeny son, and we haven't had any dinner'. What do you think?
Old Jun 29th 2011, 2:19 am

Oink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond repute

Much of the hilarity is mine alone as the quotes are from movies and tv programmes the locals will likely never have heard of. I thought about 'The Mafia? I've shit 'em' next but likely will go for 'We're the sweeny son, and we haven't had any dinner'. What do you think?
How about?

"If the milk turns out to be sour, I ain't the kinda pussy to drink it"

or

"They'd be too scared - I'm a geezer."
Old Jun 29th 2011, 5:31 am
forever blowing bubbles

arniedog has much to be proud ofarniedog has much to be proud ofarniedog has much to be proud ofarniedog has much to be proud ofarniedog has much to be proud ofarniedog has much to be proud ofarniedog has much to be proud ofarniedog has much to be proud ofarniedog has much to be proud ofarniedog has much to be proud ofarniedog has much to be proud of

that is sooo funny , when i get a Canadian grandchild i will have to try and remember to do the same. Sorry if im pinching your idea but its a good one How about 'you plonker Rodney ' or any quotes from fools and horses will do
Old Jun 29th 2011, 5:43 am
half a century

The4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by arniedog
that is sooo funny , when i get a Canadian grandchild i will have to try and remember to do the same. Sorry if im pinching your idea but its a good one How about 'you plonker Rodney ' or any quotes from fools and horses will do
I often ask for a red wine spritzer here and just get blank looks!
Old Jun 29th 2011, 5:47 am
forever blowing bubbles

arniedog has much to be proud ofarniedog has much to be proud ofarniedog has much to be proud ofarniedog has much to be proud ofarniedog has much to be proud ofarniedog has much to be proud ofarniedog has much to be proud ofarniedog has much to be proud ofarniedog has much to be proud ofarniedog has much to be proud ofarniedog has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by The4BellsLondon
I often ask for a red wine spritzer here and just get blank looks!
you know why dont you , because you 'plonker ' you forgot to ask for an umbrella and a cherry to go in it
Old Jun 29th 2011, 5:51 am
half a century

The4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by arniedog
you know why dont you , because you 'plonker ' you forgot to ask for an umbrella and a cherry to go in it
Oh Trig!
Old Jun 29th 2011, 6:09 am
BE Forum Addict

DandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond repute

I was more interested in the issues children face growing up in Canada but with foreign parents. Granted because in most of Canada English is spoken as a first language its a little easier for UK residents, but there are real differences in culture. Given the propensity for children to be desperate to fit in with the local culture and parents from another, issues must arise. I've met some adults who grew up in precisely that situation and found the clash of cultures between home-life and the wider society to cause many problems later in life. Many have become drug addicts and or alcoholics and many have also over-compensated with their children.
I grew up in France in the late 70s/early 80s with British parents in a small town where we appeared on the front page of the local newspaper it was so unexpected.
I turned out ok.
The thing I found weird wasn't the different culture but the fact that I spoke French away from home and English at home. Turns out I have an English accent in English and a French accent in French.
So if anything I see my kids move to Canada as an enriching experience!
Old Jun 29th 2011, 12:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

gryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond repute

I hope not. My 8 year old and 6 yr old can now say it with micheal caine accent with candian slant . It sounds very funny.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.