Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Is this a chicken and egg thing?

Is this a chicken and egg thing?

Old Feb 2nd 2008, 5:43 pm
Banned

Bartsimpson1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Is this a chicken and egg thing?

OK im bored of waiting for those clowns at immigration to pick my form up I kindly sent in 06. I want to speed it up really, when I apply for a job I get asked (obviously) if i have right to work there?

What is this PNP thing, and LMO. I looked the PNP thing up and it said the same again - that you need to have a job offer! Thing is I can't get a job offer If I can 't work there legally? Why don't these idiots all sit around a table decide upon a scheme and make it transparent & work whilst removing the red tape? That would be nice

So am I just supposed to sit here for another 10 years while my file collects dust? I've seen faster processing from a zx spectrum 218k
Old Feb 2nd 2008, 5:53 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Is this a chicken and egg thing?

Originally Posted by Bartsimpson1
What is this PNP thing, and LMO. I looked the PNP thing up and it said the same again - that you need to have a job offer! Thing is I can't get a job offer If I can 't work there legally?
If your occupation is in real demand in the province an employer may be willing to sponsor you.
Old Feb 2nd 2008, 5:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

YYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond repute

OK im bored of waiting for those clowns at immigration to pick my form up I kindly sent in 06. I want to speed it up really, when I apply for a job I get asked (obviously) if i have right to work there?

What is this PNP thing, and LMO. I looked the PNP thing up and it said the same again - that you need to have a job offer! Thing is I can't get a job offer If I can 't work there legally? Why don't these idiots all sit around a table decide upon a scheme and make it transparent & work whilst removing the red tape? That would be nice

So am I just supposed to sit here for another 10 years while my file collects dust? I've seen faster processing from a zx spectrum 218k
Well, why don't you get on with reading up on your options?

There are plenty. Start by reading the wiki on this site. It has articles on finding jobs, getting over the pond fast, how to write a resume etc. It also has a list on all those abbreviations such as PNP, LMO, TWP, AEO, CEC, SW and so on.

Your best bet is to take responsibility of your own future.

that is if you want to get there fast.
Old Feb 2nd 2008, 6:11 pm
Now on Vancouver Island

Judy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond repute

Bartsimpson, here is a FREE forum that I highly recommend. It's a NEW idea. Not only is it NEW, but it's NEW AND IMPROVED. On that forum, you can READ WHAT OTHER CUSTOMERS HAVE SAID. That forum gives you many CHOICES. FINALLY find the country that accepts you with open arms and that gives you everything you've dreamed of. There is a PHOTO ENCLOSED. Please DO NOT BEND the envelope. Oh yes, I forgot to say that this information that I'm providing to you is PERSONAL AND CONFIDENTIAL. Please don't tell anyone else about it.
Old Feb 2nd 2008, 6:28 pm
Forum Regular

Happy_Feet will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Judy in Calgary
Bartsimpson, here is a FREE forum that I highly recommend. It's a NEW idea. Not only is it NEW, but it's NEW AND IMPROVED. On that forum, you can READ WHAT OTHER CUSTOMERS HAVE SAID. That forum gives you many CHOICES. FINALLY find the country that accepts you with open arms and that gives you everything you've dreamed of. There is a PHOTO ENCLOSED. Please DO NOT BEND the envelope. Oh yes, I forgot to say that this information that I'm providing to you is PERSONAL AND CONFIDENTIAL. Please don't tell anyone else about it.
Old Feb 2nd 2008, 6:34 pm
little snowy owl

Alberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond repute

Methinks Judy needs to take another swipe at having a break from BE!!! (before she implodes!)
Old Feb 2nd 2008, 6:44 pm
Now on Vancouver Island

Judy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Morwenna
Methinks Judy needs to take another swipe at having a break from BE!!! (before she implodes!)
Oi! That was my homework assignment for my remedial course for victims of BHDS (British Humour Deficiency Syndrome).
Old Feb 2nd 2008, 6:51 pm
little snowy owl

Alberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond repute

Oi! That was my homework assignment for my remedial course for victims of BHDS (British Humour Deficiency Syndrome).
LOL ..... I knew where you were coming from, and it was funny!

I just think Bartsimpson might not get it! It could read as a little unkind, and that is not you.
Old Feb 2nd 2008, 6:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

RodRos&Co. is a glorious beacon of lightRodRos&Co. is a glorious beacon of lightRodRos&Co. is a glorious beacon of lightRodRos&Co. is a glorious beacon of lightRodRos&Co. is a glorious beacon of lightRodRos&Co. is a glorious beacon of lightRodRos&Co. is a glorious beacon of lightRodRos&Co. is a glorious beacon of lightRodRos&Co. is a glorious beacon of lightRodRos&Co. is a glorious beacon of lightRodRos&Co. is a glorious beacon of light

I think Judy has the British sense of humour sussed
Old Feb 2nd 2008, 6:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

YYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by RodRos&Co.
I think Judy has the British sense of humour sussed
Old Feb 2nd 2008, 6:59 pm
little snowy owl

I just think that if the guy's a genuine newbie then this response might be more useful ..... http://britishexpats.com/wiki/Idiot%...an_Immigration

Nobody likes others having a laugh at their expense .... especially if they don't understand the joke.
Old Feb 2nd 2008, 7:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

I just think that if the guy's a genuine newbie then this response might be more useful ..... http://britishexpats.com/wiki/Idiot%...an_Immigration

Nobody likes others having a laugh at their expense .... especially if they don't understand the joke.
Sorry for hijacking the thread here and this is not directed at Bart per se but,

How can a newbie miss the two stickies "Newcomers to the forum" and "BE Wiki" ?

Is everyone looking to move elsewhere not responsible for sourcing their own information?

I might be of the generation who actually don't think that the internet owe me anything and just because it exist I can sit back and let everyone else do the legwork for me. I may also be someone who is kind of an information junkie and will research as much as I possibly can myself - THEN start asking questions to filter out the info I need to keep, the info I can toss and find out what I missed.

There is a reason the expression "Google is your friend" exist. Now, if people could practice using that expression with search engine of their choice and understand that the search function in sites such as BE should be used, Judy would not have to blow her top off. Neither would anyone else, silently or publicly, when newbies arrive and obviously have done zero research on whatever it may be, not just moving to another country.

I've moderated forums and mailinglists for 10+ years now and I can honestly say I've seen posts from people being so frank as saying that they are too lazy to look up the information or even check back with the site/list so "please email me directly". They get ZERO help.

Now, back to Bart, considering he was going on about "idiots" etc, I think he can take it as good as he is giving so I wouldn't be too worried about hurt feelings, to be honest.
Old Feb 2nd 2008, 7:13 pm
Pea Brain

R I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond repute

Bart,

I had the same feelings 3 yrs ago - too impatient to wait for the lengthy processing times, so I got off my ass, made a trip to Canada, looked around and decided to start a business. From arriving back in the UK to returning to Canada, owning a property and business, it took 4mths.

I'm still waiting for permanent residency, but at least it's in the country I want to live in, and I'm not treading water in the UK watching the days go by.
Old Feb 2nd 2008, 7:32 pm
Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah

Lorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond repute

Judy, you're a nutter

Bart - Judy is one of the most helpful people on BE please take this piece of sarcasm as it was meant. We only took a few months to get to Canada on an LMO so do not have the same experience as someone waiting the approx 5 years for residence. We are fortuante to be able to apply whilst in Canada.

Please read the wiki it is very helpful.
Old Feb 2nd 2008, 7:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

RodRos&Co. is a glorious beacon of lightRodRos&Co. is a glorious beacon of lightRodRos&Co. is a glorious beacon of lightRodRos&Co. is a glorious beacon of lightRodRos&Co. is a glorious beacon of lightRodRos&Co. is a glorious beacon of lightRodRos&Co. is a glorious beacon of lightRodRos&Co. is a glorious beacon of lightRodRos&Co. is a glorious beacon of lightRodRos&Co. is a glorious beacon of lightRodRos&Co. is a glorious beacon of light

Sorry wasn't laughing at Bart, but Judy's reply was funny

Rosie

I've re-read the original post and it does sound a bit lazy? Not having a go Bart, but do some research re: skills needed, which province best suits etc.

Last edited by RodRos&Co.; Feb 2nd 2008 at 7:43 pm. Reason: had to add something

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.