Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

cheese and cream and chocolate!

cheese and cream and chocolate!

Old Apr 30th 2011, 1:27 am
BE Enthusiast

justkidding has much to be proud ofjustkidding has much to be proud ofjustkidding has much to be proud ofjustkidding has much to be proud ofjustkidding has much to be proud ofjustkidding has much to be proud ofjustkidding has much to be proud ofjustkidding has much to be proud ofjustkidding has much to be proud ofjustkidding has much to be proud ofjustkidding has much to be proud of
Default Re: cheese and cream and chocolate!

Originally Posted by fledermaus
Stabilizers such as mono-glycerides are added to improve whipping ability.

Well it's the best link I could find and whatever they are they don't come out of the cow with the cream.

try this one
http://ottawafoodies.com/forum/3243
I don't have any cream in the fridge at the moment apart from half and half and the ingredients are milk and cream. I'm going to check the whipping cream next time I'm in the grocery store.

Thanks for the heads up. I'm going to look deeper into this and maybe even call the dairy board.
Old Apr 30th 2011, 1:29 am
Account Closed

fledermaus is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Steve_P
Fled, have you considered organic whipping cream?

We just went over to our local organic store looking for gluten free soy sauce and they had whipping cream the list of contents was very short, whipping cream that was it.
I have. As mentioned before, the nearest place that sells it is 40km away and it costs more to start with let alone driving into Pbro to shop. Limited budget and all that.

I rarely use it anyway but ordinary cream for coffee is another hassle. Can't drink black anymore.
Old Apr 30th 2011, 1:32 am
Account Closed

fledermaus is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by bgroe
I don't have any cream in the fridge at the moment apart from half and half and the ingredients are milk and cream. I'm going to check the whipping cream next time I'm in the grocery store.

Thanks for the heads up. I'm going to look deeper into this and maybe even call the dairy board.
I have some 5% stuff right now thats full of crud. Must remember just to buy full fat milk, again you can't get full cream milk here. Right in dairy country too. Must have another look round in town to see if there are local brands I haven't tried.