Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Cheer the Boys On!

Cheer the Boys On!

Old May 11th 2006, 3:11 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

willmore has disabled reputation
Default Re: Cheer the Boys On!

Dont forget to watch the game between Canada and Latvia today at 10:15am on TSN and cheer the boys on!

Be there or be square!

GO CANADA GO!
Old May 11th 2006, 3:22 pm
Moderαtor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute
Default Self Portrait

Old May 11th 2006, 3:48 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Default Re: Self Portrait

Originally Posted by iaink

Smart-ass - but dont worry I'll keep everyone informed of the score!
Old May 11th 2006, 4:25 pm

Souvenir is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by willmore
Dont forget to watch the game between Canada and Latvia today at 10:15am on TSN and cheer the boys on!
I can't wait to see the ratings for that one. Could even get into double figures.
Old May 11th 2006, 4:26 pm

Souvenir is an unknown quantity at this point

Smart-ass - but dont worry I'll keep everyone informed of the score!
Not if they discover how to use the ignore option, you won't.
Old May 11th 2006, 4:28 pm
Banned

Butch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Souvenir
We could never ignore her!!!
Its too much fun baiting her
Old May 11th 2006, 4:28 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

I can't wait to see the ratings for that one. Could even get into double figures.
Nah...that would only happen if the girls were playing!
Old May 11th 2006, 4:29 pm
Moderαtor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute

Absolute numbers, not percentage presumably.

Hey Sue...some of us have to work for a living. The way things are going I might not even take the timeoff to watch the real world cup.
Old May 11th 2006, 4:30 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Well I see that there have been 441 views of this thread....alot of people hiding in the closet....time to come out of the closet guys and be counted!
Old May 11th 2006, 4:33 pm
Moderαtor Emeritus

Well I see that there have been 441 views of this thread....alot of people hiding in the closet....time to come out of the closet guys and be counted!
They all wanted to see my self portrait

Seriously, you need to include the time zone if you are going to say it starts at 10.15am and post that at 11.11am

And at the risk of expressing an interest, what sort of world champioinship can it be if many of the best players are still toiling away for their NHL teams in the Stanley Cup playoffs? Doesnt that makes a joke of the whole thing? Could they not have waited like in the footy so the best players were present.

I smell a Canadian conspiricy. Canada has a much larger playing population to choose from than anyone else, so if they have players still in the playoffs, there are plenty of others to chose from. The cream of the smaller European/ Scandinavian players are playing NHL, so those countries potentially dont have there top players available and have to limp along with the dregs that were not cherry picked for the big league. No Fair.

Last edited by iaink; May 11th 2006 at 4:43 pm.
Old May 11th 2006, 6:00 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Canada 4 - Latvia 0 - almost end of 1st period!

They ended the period 2 minutes short, because the Latvia fans were throwing things on the ice to protest the referreeing, (9 penalties in less than one period) i.e. shoes, eggs....etc.

Poor Latvia - they are being outplayed and outclassed.

GO CANADA GO!!

Last edited by willmore; May 11th 2006 at 6:02 pm.
Old May 11th 2006, 6:50 pm
Moderαtor Emeritus

Cant help but notice that the Latvian Olympic squad included a couple of NHL players (with Colorado and Anaheim) who are not present in the world championship roster. Hardly seems fair to lose a couple of your bet players cos their team is not so crap as to have been knocked out of the Stanley Cup yet. Im pulling for the underdog, its the british thing to do!

Definitley a conspiracy against the smaller countries, a sham of a tournament.
Old May 11th 2006, 6:58 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Cant help but notice that the Latvian Olympic squad included a couple of NHL players (with Colorado and Anaheim) who are not present in the world championship roster. Hardly seems fair to lose a couple of your bet players cos their team is not so crap as to have been knocked out of the Stanley Cup yet. Im pulling for the underdog, its the british thing to do!

Wow - for someone who proclaimed loud and clear that "he didnt care" about the championship, you sure are taking an interest.....

Canada 5 - Latvia 0 - after 2nd period. The fans have stopped throwing stuff on the ice.

GO CANADA GO!!!!
Old May 11th 2006, 7:08 pm

Steve_P is an unknown quantity at this point

This tournament is one of those be careful what you wish for type things.

Way back, when there were very few if any Europeans in the NHL this tournament was was originally scheduled by the IIHF (International Ice Hockey Federation) deliberately during the NHL playoffs so that Canada would be hobbled.

Now that there are many more Europeans playing in the NHL it has turned into a detriment for them.

Sort of like what goes around comes around.

Now at the moment I haven't seen a game and have no idea who is playing for Canada ( I've been otherwise engaged this last few days). But I'm not convinced that even though there are a number of top Canadians no longer in the playoffs that all were invited to play for Canada or even who of those who were invited, accepted.

Cheers
Steve
Old May 11th 2006, 7:27 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Holy macaroni - the Latvia fans are throwing garbage all over the ice again. The third period has been stopped it was so bad!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.