Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Check this out....Cheap flights to Canada

Check this out....Cheap flights to Canada

Old Jul 4th 2005, 10:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

Patsy is a name known to allPatsy is a name known to allPatsy is a name known to allPatsy is a name known to allPatsy is a name known to allPatsy is a name known to allPatsy is a name known to allPatsy is a name known to allPatsy is a name known to allPatsy is a name known to allPatsy is a name known to all
Default Check this out....Cheap flights to Canada

http://www.iglucanada.com/returnPric...Choice=MAN,YYZ
have a 7 day flight sale on. Cheap flights from manchester to Toronto £249 return, I thought this was quite good as the sale even runs thru the 6 weeks summer hol even tho the number of nights vary.

Last edited by Patsy; Jul 4th 2005 at 10:13 pm.
Old Jul 5th 2005, 11:18 am

Souvenir is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Check this out....Cheap flights to Canada

Originally Posted by Patsy
have a 7 day flight sale on. Cheap flights from manchester to Toronto £249 return, I thought this was quite good as the sale even runs thru the 6 weeks summer hol even tho the number of nights vary.
Or could just book direct with Zoom and cut out the middle man.
Old Jul 5th 2005, 11:24 am
Lotus-eater

Rich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond repute

Zoom works out cheaper for me.

Rich.
Old Jul 5th 2005, 11:28 am

Souvenir is an unknown quantity at this point

Maybe I didn't make myself clear. Iglu is a tour operator, not an airline. Their website refers to two airlines: Servisair and Zoom. I'm pretty sure Servisair doesn't go the UK.
Old Jul 5th 2005, 11:48 am
Forum Regular

newapojim is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Patsy

Just bookes my ONE WAY flight to Thunder Bay for 4th Sept ....all in £360.00

Which is cool because I can take 64kg baggage + 10 kg hand luggage

The "cheap" flights only allow 20kg..which is nothing + £60 for a further 10kg max.
Old Jul 5th 2005, 11:55 am
Lotus-eater

Rich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by newapojim

The "cheap" flights only allow 20kg..which is nothing + £60 for a further 10kg max.
Where did you get info on baggage limits ? That makes a big difference as Zoom only allows 20 KG each and I'm not gonna pay £100's for excess baggage. And 10 KG extra is not worth a fag end.

Rich.
Old Jul 5th 2005, 1:29 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Rich_007
Where did you get info on baggage limits ? That makes a big difference as Zoom only allows 20 KG each and I'm not gonna pay £100's for excess baggage. And 10 KG extra is not worth a fag end.

Rich.

You look at the small print on their websites (fare rules)..Zoom and Canada Affair are all Charter flights...... 20 kg is pathetic....worth paying extra for scheduled flights!! 74kg with them all in !!
Old Jul 5th 2005, 1:34 pm
Forum Regular

Rich.
Try OnlineTravel.com...they are superb for reasonably priced flights
Old Jul 5th 2005, 2:23 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

On thing to watch for is that although you may be able to take 140lbs you can't take a single item over 70lbs. I've been all over the world with a pop up display booth that weighs 67lbs when it's clean and properly packed. It's always a bit iffy whether or not airlines will take it.
Old Jul 5th 2005, 4:36 pm

g_is_for_canada has much to be proud ofg_is_for_canada has much to be proud ofg_is_for_canada has much to be proud ofg_is_for_canada has much to be proud ofg_is_for_canada has much to be proud ofg_is_for_canada has much to be proud ofg_is_for_canada has much to be proud ofg_is_for_canada has much to be proud ofg_is_for_canada has much to be proud ofg_is_for_canada has much to be proud ofg_is_for_canada has much to be proud of

The 32kg limit is a health and safety issue, not financial. That's quite a heavy case! You should also be aware of physical size limitations as stated by each airline
Old Jul 5th 2005, 5:43 pm
Forum Regular

Location: SHEFFIELD uk can't wait to move in our house in Louisbourg N.S as soon as possible
louisbourg will become famous soon enough

we fly with canadian affair on the 19th july from manchester to halifax

we are taking an extra 60kg of baggage , and it is gonna cost us £215 to cargo it , but the flight was cheap so swings and roundabouts , nearlly £200 per person cheaper that continental
Old Jul 5th 2005, 10:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

Patsy is a name known to allPatsy is a name known to allPatsy is a name known to allPatsy is a name known to allPatsy is a name known to allPatsy is a name known to allPatsy is a name known to allPatsy is a name known to allPatsy is a name known to allPatsy is a name known to allPatsy is a name known to all

Zoom works out cheaper for me.

Rich.
really? my quote was £1898 with Zoom and £996 with Iglu for August..for 4 ....only time i can go
Old Jul 5th 2005, 10:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Souvenir
Maybe I didn't make myself clear. Iglu is a tour operator, not an airline. Their website refers to two airlines: Servisair and Zoom. I'm pretty sure Servisair doesn't go the UK.
well maybe they bought a job lot from zoom!!
Old Jul 7th 2005, 3:27 pm
Lotus-eater

Just looked at the terms and conditions....20+5 KG's only applies to TO flights. Unless you deal by phone and get special for a first time emigrant ? Worth a try.

Rich.
Old Jul 7th 2005, 4:12 pm
Here and happy at last

gooding has a brilliant futuregooding has a brilliant futuregooding has a brilliant futuregooding has a brilliant futuregooding has a brilliant futuregooding has a brilliant futuregooding has a brilliant future

Servisair is not an airline, they provide a number of ground services for several airlines. http://www.servisair.com/Home.aspx
I called a number to check my return flights and got through to "Servisair". They were the number given to confirm flights for My Travel, Thomas cook ( Canadian Affair) and several other carriers.
Zoom and canadian affair have similar priced flights. I have a flight to Vancouver in September for under £300, Prices drop down really cheap then. Toronto often gets some better bargains though from.
I went out a week or so ago and the flight was half empty and there were several spare seats on the return on Tuesday. Our plane was changed and flight brought forward as well.

Originally Posted by Souvenir

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.