Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Cheapest flights to Halifax NS?

Cheapest flights to Halifax NS?

Old Dec 11th 2009, 12:26 am
Forum Regular

Scotty boy is just really niceScotty boy is just really niceScotty boy is just really niceScotty boy is just really niceScotty boy is just really niceScotty boy is just really niceScotty boy is just really niceScotty boy is just really niceScotty boy is just really niceScotty boy is just really nice
Default Re: Cheapest flights to Halifax NS?

UK 2 Nova Scotia are great
Old Dec 11th 2009, 5:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

val50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scotty boy
UK 2 Nova Scotia are great

are they arranging cheap flights now
Old Dec 11th 2009, 5:51 pm
Account Closed

Lorna999 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by val50
Hi Lorna, we use Continental quite often flying into Halifax via Newark and haven't had a problem with them yet. Baggage allowance is good, double what you get using charter flights. You just need to get your ESTA form if in transit through USA - it takes minutes to apply for and get online - link here

https://esta.cbp.dhs.gov/esta/esta.h...E-4259F292F38B
Just to update... OH had no idea about the ESTA form (never heard of it) Thank goodness you mentioned it, or we would have gone flying off into the sunset like a couple of blissfully unaware idiots
Whew... Thanks for that (says she wiping her brow....)
At least someone knows what they are talking about. This forum is a lifesaver"
Old Dec 16th 2009, 5:16 pm
Forum Regular

bluemoon1 is just really nicebluemoon1 is just really nicebluemoon1 is just really nicebluemoon1 is just really nicebluemoon1 is just really nicebluemoon1 is just really nicebluemoon1 is just really nicebluemoon1 is just really nicebluemoon1 is just really nicebluemoon1 is just really nice

Globespan gone bust................
Old Dec 16th 2009, 6:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

val50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bluemoon1
Globespan gone bust................

link here

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/s...st/8417183.stm
Old Dec 17th 2009, 1:38 pm
Account Closed

Lorna999 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all... just a quick question. Am flying from Glasgow to Halifax with a long stopover in Newark. Does anyone know if there is a document available that lets you leave the airport between flights? Is this possible, or do we just have to sit and wait...ZZZzzz!
Old Jan 6th 2010, 10:55 am
Forum Regular

Luckyone has much to be proud ofLuckyone has much to be proud ofLuckyone has much to be proud ofLuckyone has much to be proud ofLuckyone has much to be proud ofLuckyone has much to be proud ofLuckyone has much to be proud ofLuckyone has much to be proud ofLuckyone has much to be proud ofLuckyone has much to be proud ofLuckyone has much to be proud of

FYI - maybe you're aware of this, I wasn't but for flights from June thru Oct take a look. They travel on Saturdays and for the dates I was checking (Hfx to London on July 3/rtn July 17) it quotes $748 total, taxes etc in! Baggage allowance is 2 cases up to total 20kgs.

www.gotravelflights.com
Old Jan 6th 2010, 12:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: Hubley, Nova Scotia (from Scotland via Yorkshire and London)
Kaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of light

It's the Canadian version of Jetaway2Canada (Monarch).

We're giving them a go one way from Halifax to Gatwick in July, as Canadian Affair failed us by stopping the Sunday flights. Hopefully will be ok (
Old Jan 6th 2010, 1:23 pm
Sidecar Falcon

DigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond repute

Can I just give a big thank you for the Canadian affair link, the prices on there look fabulous.

Could anybody give me a brief explanation re the difference between the instant purchase and standard fare options though? as clicking on the links from that site produces a database error.

Last edited by DigitalGhost; Jan 6th 2010 at 1:26 pm.
Old Jan 6th 2010, 1:29 pm
Forum Regular

Luckyone has much to be proud ofLuckyone has much to be proud ofLuckyone has much to be proud ofLuckyone has much to be proud ofLuckyone has much to be proud ofLuckyone has much to be proud ofLuckyone has much to be proud ofLuckyone has much to be proud ofLuckyone has much to be proud ofLuckyone has much to be proud ofLuckyone has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by DigitalGhost
Can I just give a big thank you for the Canadian affair link, the prices on there look fabulous.

Could anybody give me a brief explanation re the difference between the instant purchase and standard fare options though? as clicking on the links from that site produces a database error.
Yeah and they've been around a while as well....however there's nothing much in the price - for similar dates as my prev.post (Thurs flights instead) Can. Affair are about $90 more per person than the Gotravelflight.com
Old Jan 6th 2010, 1:31 pm
Sidecar Falcon

DigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Luckyone
Yeah and they've been around a while as well....however there's nothing much in the price - for similar dates as my prev.post (Thurs flights instead) Can. Affair are about $90 more per person than the Gotravelflight.com
Unfortunately in our case though they don't fly from Manchester and I don't think they go to Toronto or Vancouver either.
Old Jan 6th 2010, 1:33 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by DigitalGhost
Unfortunately in our case though they don't fly from Manchester and I don't think they go to Toronto or Vancouver either.
Not much use then eh? I was just going by the post title
Old Jan 6th 2010, 2:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

Patsy is a name known to allPatsy is a name known to allPatsy is a name known to allPatsy is a name known to allPatsy is a name known to allPatsy is a name known to allPatsy is a name known to allPatsy is a name known to allPatsy is a name known to allPatsy is a name known to allPatsy is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Simon Legree
I hope that you aren't on a tight schedule. They are notorious for delays so don't plan on being on time. In my case, the one and only time I flew with them I was stuck for almost two days. Never, ever would I use them again no matter how cheap they seem to be.
I dont think you can...havent they gone bust?
Old Jan 6th 2010, 2:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

Patsy is a name known to allPatsy is a name known to allPatsy is a name known to allPatsy is a name known to allPatsy is a name known to allPatsy is a name known to allPatsy is a name known to allPatsy is a name known to allPatsy is a name known to allPatsy is a name known to allPatsy is a name known to all

i must remember to read all the posts first...

Originally Posted by Patsy
I dont think you can...havent they gone bust?
Old Jan 6th 2010, 3:36 pm
Forum Regular

Pebblebeach is just really nicePebblebeach is just really nicePebblebeach is just really nicePebblebeach is just really nicePebblebeach is just really nicePebblebeach is just really nicePebblebeach is just really nicePebblebeach is just really nicePebblebeach is just really nicePebblebeach is just really nicePebblebeach is just really nice

Easily done Patsy

We have booked our flights with Air Canada as that ment we could fly when and where we need to (at a cost of course). I was annoyed to find that you can now (new bookings) only have one checked bag included in your ticket price (23kg I think from memory). If you want to check a second one now, you have to pay an extra $50

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.