Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

cheap phonecalls to calgary

cheap phonecalls to calgary

Old Dec 16th 2009, 10:11 am
Forum Regular

riccosuabe is an unknown quantity at this point
Default cheap phonecalls to calgary

i need to get intouch with someone in calgary and its going to be quite a long phonecall and dont wanna pay a fortune and wondered if anyone knows any ways to make a cheaper call.ive searched the internet and a few websites say you can use your mobile for free if you type said number in first (although im very skeptical of these as you would never know till you got your bill) it was http://www.cheapcallscanada.com/free...lls-canada.htm. anyone know of any REAL TRUSTWORTHY sites or companies that you can get cheaper calls to canada??

thanks
Old Dec 17th 2009, 6:39 am
Forum Regular

Default Re: cheap phonecalls to calgary

anyone??
Old Dec 17th 2009, 6:42 am
Banned

Butch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by riccosuabe
anyone??
Old Dec 17th 2009, 6:46 am

Alan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond repute

anyone??
got to a 7-11 and get a phone card.
Old Dec 17th 2009, 6:47 am
Banned

Butch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Alan2005
got to a 7-11 and get a phone card.
do they have 7-11 in UK???
Old Dec 17th 2009, 6:54 am

Alan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Butch Cassidy
Ah, good point. my mistake. I think you can get phone cards in the UK though.
Old Dec 17th 2009, 6:58 am
Banned

Originally Posted by Alan2005
Ah, good point. my mistake. I think you can get phone cards in the UK though.
Shot, do you not have to crank the handle and ask the operator to connect you anymore
Old Dec 17th 2009, 6:59 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Butch Cassidy
i wish!!! oh how i do miss those slurpy big gulps!!yum yum
Old Dec 17th 2009, 8:31 am
BE Enthusiast

Little D has much to be proud ofLittle D has much to be proud ofLittle D has much to be proud ofLittle D has much to be proud ofLittle D has much to be proud ofLittle D has much to be proud ofLittle D has much to be proud ofLittle D has much to be proud ofLittle D has much to be proud ofLittle D has much to be proud ofLittle D has much to be proud of

Try www.freecall.com
Old Dec 17th 2009, 8:48 am
Account Closed

jericho is an unknown quantity at this point

It's actually not that expensive to phone overseas these days.
We use Skype normally (free) but I've had a few phone calls with family back home, and it's cost less than $2 for an hours conversation.
Old Dec 17th 2009, 8:50 am
Banned

Originally Posted by jericho
We use Skype normally (free) but I've had a few phone calls with family back home, and it's cost less than $2 for an hours conversation.
Once again the OP is IN the UK and wants to call Calgary
Old Dec 17th 2009, 8:57 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by jericho
ami i totally idiotic that i dont know anything about skype or how to use it?obviously ive heard of it but dont know how it works
Old Dec 17th 2009, 9:07 am
Forum Regular

GeDe will become famous soon enoughGeDe will become famous soon enough

Royal, you obviously were n't in sigs go on google and search for skype, down load it ( buckshee) and you'll be sorted then you can talk over the net for free provided the other person has it as well.
Old Dec 17th 2009, 9:12 am
BE Enthusiast

pinzo is a splendid one to beholdpinzo is a splendid one to beholdpinzo is a splendid one to beholdpinzo is a splendid one to beholdpinzo is a splendid one to beholdpinzo is a splendid one to beholdpinzo is a splendid one to beholdpinzo is a splendid one to beholdpinzo is a splendid one to beholdpinzo is a splendid one to beholdpinzo is a splendid one to behold

It really easy, but first you need a webcam and a microphone....most new laptops have them built in but if you don't have one you would have to buy one, (they're fairly cheap nowadays.)
Both you and the person you want to talk to need to download the free program (its safe so don't worry) and then you use the program to 'find' one another on it. Once you are 'joined' with each other, you can talk until your hearts content!!

Also look into Onetel. I used to use it. All it is is a code you punch into your home phone and the call charge is then 1p a minute. You can set up direct debit to pay it. Simple as that!

ami i totally idiotic that i dont know anything about skype or how to use it?obviously ive heard of it but dont know how it works
Old Dec 17th 2009, 11:05 am
Banned

Originally Posted by GeDe
you can talk over the net for free provided the other person has it as well.
the other person does NOT need skype in order to use it.

Originally Posted by pinzo
It really easy, but first you need a webcam and a microphone....most new laptops have them built in but if you don't have one you would have to buy one, (they're fairly cheap nowadays.)
also wrong you can purchase Skype phones

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.