Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Cheap Phone Numbers For Calling Canada

Cheap Phone Numbers For Calling Canada

Old Aug 16th 2004, 8:31 pm
I Know What's Going On!

SteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the rough
Default Cheap Phone Numbers For Calling Canada

Just thought I would let you know about 2 cheap phone numbers I have found for calling Canada Land Lines and Canadian Mobile Phones

These are ten times better than those calling cards that either charge for connecting you or go out of date before you've used up the credit. So, if you've got family back in the UK who phone you, give them these numbers and they will save a small fortune. These are access numbers, so you dial them first. At the prompt, dial your international destination number in full, including '00' (you can dial your destination number at any time during the prompt) and that's all you have to do. The connections are perfect, there is no delay and they don't appear on your phone bill as international numbers, just as local calls. There are 2 numbers, the first one is the cheapest one for calling during the day (The price of a national rate call, about 2p) and the second one is best for calling at weekends and evenings (only 1p/ min). They charge by the second so, unlike calling cards, you don't get charged for a full minute if you don't use a full minute.

During the day : 0870 794 3490 + full international number (National rate, about 2p) - Even mobile numbers!

During the weekend or evenings : 0844 570 3490 + full international number (1p/ min) - Even mobile numbers!

Your family will save a small fortune on overseas calls.

Steve.

Last edited by SteveBannister; Aug 16th 2004 at 9:16 pm.
Old Aug 16th 2004, 8:36 pm
Yorkshire meets Vegas

Pretty Flowers has a reputation beyond reputePretty Flowers has a reputation beyond reputePretty Flowers has a reputation beyond reputePretty Flowers has a reputation beyond reputePretty Flowers has a reputation beyond reputePretty Flowers has a reputation beyond reputePretty Flowers has a reputation beyond reputePretty Flowers has a reputation beyond reputePretty Flowers has a reputation beyond reputePretty Flowers has a reputation beyond reputePretty Flowers has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Cheap Phone Numbers For Calling Canada

Originally Posted by SteveBannister
Just thought I would let you know about 2 cheap phone numbers I have found for calling Canada Land Lines and Canadian Mobile Phones

Alternatively you can use Alpha Telecom, who charge 3p per minute at all times and offer £5 free calls when you join up...
Old Aug 16th 2004, 8:48 pm
I Know What's Going On!

SteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Sarah Farrand
Alternatively you can use Alpha Telecom, who charge 3p per minute at all times and offer £5 free calls when you join up...
I'm not saying that there are no others, but alpha telecom have a habit of disconnecting so they can charge for reconnecting. The also charge by the minute, not the second so all that wasted time adds up as well.
Old Aug 16th 2004, 9:15 pm
Moderαtor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute

So what is the catch? Usually when something looks too good to be true, it is! Who is providing the service and how can it be so cheap?

Old Aug 16th 2004, 9:22 pm
I Know What's Going On!

Originally Posted by iaink
So what is the catch? Usually when something looks too good to be true, it is! Who is providing the service and how can it be so cheap?

LOL...I know what you mean. I suppose they buy time in bulk. I don't care how it works, I just know that it does! I've been using it for a while, It all appears on the phone bill OK, so I thought I'd spread the word! Use the numbers and be happy!
Old Aug 16th 2004, 10:42 pm
Yorkshire meets Vegas

Pretty Flowers has a reputation beyond reputePretty Flowers has a reputation beyond reputePretty Flowers has a reputation beyond reputePretty Flowers has a reputation beyond reputePretty Flowers has a reputation beyond reputePretty Flowers has a reputation beyond reputePretty Flowers has a reputation beyond reputePretty Flowers has a reputation beyond reputePretty Flowers has a reputation beyond reputePretty Flowers has a reputation beyond reputePretty Flowers has a reputation beyond repute

I'm not saying that there are no others, but alpha telecom have a habit of disconnecting so they can charge for reconnecting. The also charge by the minute, not the second so all that wasted time adds up as well.

I've never had that problem with them. And as for paying by the minute, at 3p a minute I've never had that problem. Connection is also free on Alpha.

I wonder do you have any vested interests in these companies you have quoted?
Old Aug 17th 2004, 12:04 am
I Know What's Going On!

Originally Posted by Sarah Farrand
I've never had that problem with them. And as for paying by the minute, at 3p a minute I've never had that problem. Connection is also free on Alpha.

I wonder do you have any vested interests in these companies you have quoted?
LOL...I wish!

No, just trying to pass on a good deal. If you haven't had any problems then you stick with it! Hard to beat 1p/ min, though.