Reload this Page >

Cheap Flights From Uk?

Cheap Flights From Uk?

Old May 2nd 2005, 8:21 am
Forum Regular

joehat is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Cheap Flights From Uk?

Originally Posted by babyblue
I know many others have discussed this before but i can't seem to find the links.
my daughter is flying to canada in a couple of weeks and needs a cheap deal. Any advice on good cheap airlines?
thanks all
After scrolling the internet for hours. Globespan seem to have the cheapest flights. They are a Canadian company, they fly from the main uk airports but only between May and October. May be worth a look.
Old May 2nd 2005, 9:10 am
BE Enthusiast

Patsy is a name known to allPatsy is a name known to allPatsy is a name known to allPatsy is a name known to allPatsy is a name known to allPatsy is a name known to allPatsy is a name known to allPatsy is a name known to allPatsy is a name known to allPatsy is a name known to allPatsy is a name known to all

Originally Posted by joehat
After scrolling the internet for hours. Globespan seem to have the cheapest flights. They are a Canadian company, they fly from the main uk airports but only between May and October. May be worth a look.
Globespan is cheap but I'd go between the 3, globespan, zoom and canada affair and put in the same dates...its a swings and roundabout thing....depends on dates and numbers of passengers...i just put in may to june with globespan, came back 800, similar dates with zoom was 500!!
Old May 2nd 2005, 10:15 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Biiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond repute

Isn't Globespan just Air Transat? I can't bring myself to fly with them after the damning reports into their maintenance after their crash landing in the Azores
Old May 2nd 2005, 10:17 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Biiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Snave
Canadian Affair cancelled flights on us for 09MAY with two weeks notice.
Nightmare!

Our flight was changed once already by them, after reading your post we called up to confirm and guess what, totally different time that they hadn't notified us of. Karma for that Snave
Old May 2nd 2005, 1:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

babyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of light

Hi guys,
i just thought i would let you all know that i have checked out the various sites and this is the result so far
including all taxes,

Zoom 230 GBP

travelocity 386 GBP

Canadianaffair 218 GBP

SO FAR!
Old May 2nd 2005, 5:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

Patsy is a name known to allPatsy is a name known to allPatsy is a name known to allPatsy is a name known to allPatsy is a name known to allPatsy is a name known to allPatsy is a name known to allPatsy is a name known to allPatsy is a name known to allPatsy is a name known to allPatsy is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Biiiiink
Isn't Globespan just Air Transat? I can't bring myself to fly with them after the damning reports into their maintenance after their crash landing in the Azores
well u know wot they say? u get wot u pay for......zoom changed my flight time!!!!, only that i happened to go back online to see if i could add someone did i notice the change....they said 'we left a message with your son'!! he was 10 at the time!!!!
Old May 2nd 2005, 6:05 pm
Forum Regular

allie2 has much to be proud ofallie2 has much to be proud ofallie2 has much to be proud ofallie2 has much to be proud ofallie2 has much to be proud ofallie2 has much to be proud ofallie2 has much to be proud ofallie2 has much to be proud ofallie2 has much to be proud ofallie2 has much to be proud ofallie2 has much to be proud of

Just phoned Canadian Affair and my (95GBP) flight has not changed times...
Old May 3rd 2005, 1:09 am
BE Enthusiast

NessieOggy has a reputation beyond reputeNessieOggy has a reputation beyond reputeNessieOggy has a reputation beyond reputeNessieOggy has a reputation beyond reputeNessieOggy has a reputation beyond reputeNessieOggy has a reputation beyond reputeNessieOggy has a reputation beyond reputeNessieOggy has a reputation beyond reputeNessieOggy has a reputation beyond reputeNessieOggy has a reputation beyond reputeNessieOggy has a reputation beyond repute

Unfortunately, it seems to be the norm with airlines to make "last minute" flight time changes. During one of hubby's visits here, he had KLM change the time of the flight he was booked on. Wonderful.... his flight to Vancouver, in order to connect with KLM, was leaving at the exact same time! Rather difficult to manage that type of schedule!!

We were lucky that the other airline accomodated us. Best of luck with your tickets.

Oggy
Old May 3rd 2005, 6:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

pennyhp has a reputation beyond reputepennyhp has a reputation beyond reputepennyhp has a reputation beyond reputepennyhp has a reputation beyond reputepennyhp has a reputation beyond reputepennyhp has a reputation beyond reputepennyhp has a reputation beyond reputepennyhp has a reputation beyond reputepennyhp has a reputation beyond reputepennyhp has a reputation beyond reputepennyhp has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Quinn of Québec
Hi there,

I have flown to Canada (return flights) with various companies (Air Canada 4 times, British Airways twice, Canadian Affair once and Zoom 4 times).

In addition I have obtained tickets for these flights through various avenues (direct from their websites and also through agents).

The result of this experience . . .?

Well Zoom is by far the best balance between value and good service. My first experience with them was a little rocky (they changed the departure date) but since then I have found them to be comparable to the big carriers in all aspects except price. My wife and myself returned from a 2 week stay in Canada last week having flown there for £198 return each. The flights were on time and the service very good.

The other good option I'd recommend is by getting flights with the big carriers (BA or Air Canada) through http://www.justtheflight.co.uk/

I have saved a lot of money with them on several occasions. They often have flights to Canada with Air Cananda sold under the name of BMI (as they are both members of the 'Star Alliance' syndicate).

As for Canadian affair . . . .

I used them once and had a complete nightmare (long story involving all sorts of unpleasantness) as did all of my family who were flying over at a different time to come to my wedding in Canada. HOWEVER on these occasions Canadian affair were using 'My Travel' as their charter carrier whereas I believe they are now using 'Thomas Cook' who I'm sure are better.

In summary I would say use Zoom every time and also perhaps one of the major scheduled carriers if you can find them via http://www.justtheflight.co.uk/

I hope that if more and more people start using Zoom that this will encourage more companies to start offering economy flights to Canada and perhaps a healthy price war will ensue.

Hope this helps,

Quinn of Québec
Sorry you had such a bad time with Canadian affair.
We have flown with them once and I have to say ours was a very happy experience.
We were on a my travel flight to Toronto. Good seats,seat back tv with camera too, well looked after, excellent toilet facilities.
We came back from Ottawa with Thomas Cook ( canadian affair use both airlines - my travel and Tom cook depends which airport you fly from). Smaller plane only a central tv, but 35" seat pitch and no complaints.

I would use them again.

Pennyhp
Old May 3rd 2005, 8:45 pm
Forum Regular

Location: SHEFFIELD uk can't wait to move in our house in Louisbourg N.S as soon as possible
louisbourg will become famous soon enough

hi everyone

we just booked manchester to halifax direct

july till october

with canadian affair , we have flown with them before and no probs at all , 676 pound all in for 2 so that was good , we thought
continental coming up real expensive for the dates we wanted

although , we may need more that 20kg in baggage , £6 per extra kilo , but with continental the baggage allowence entitlement is a LOT MORE ...................

swings and roundabouts

sharon oxoxo
Old May 3rd 2005, 8:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

babyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by louisbourg
hi everyone

july till october

with canadian affair , we have flown with them before and no probs at all , 676 pound all in for 2 so that was good , we thought

although , we may need more that 20kg in baggage , £6 per extra kilo , but with continental the baggage allowence entitlement is a LOT MORE ...................

swings and roundabouts

sharon oxoxo
That is a good deal! best of luck for your holidays
Old May 7th 2005, 8:49 am
Class 1 Driver and Nurse

andy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by louisbourg
hi everyone

july till october

swings and roundabouts

sharon oxoxo
We flew into Halifax direct from manchester on the 3rd with Thomas cook (Canadian Affair) and i have nothing but praise for them. Our flight was changed but only by half an hour and they gave us plenty of notice. Everyone involved, from booking to departing to arriving was very proffesional and efficient. The allowance is 20kg as you said but our cases were well over and they never charged us extra. The plane was only half full and when we got on we couldn't believe how much difference the 35" seat pitch made, you have masses of room. Because the plane was only half full most people had 3 seats to themselves, i did, 6ft of legroom and everyone was wondering around the plane like it was a party (without the drunks)

I would definately use Canadian affair again.
Old May 7th 2005, 12:53 pm
Forum Regular

rynhelcanada is an unknown quantity at this point

We got a great deal through sta travel, if your daughter is under 26 she qualifies as a young traveller and gets a discounted rate through the larger airlines.
Ryan
Old May 7th 2005, 5:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

Calgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond repute

I see a lot of you recommending "Zoom". Is this the same company www.flyzoom.com that is advertising on TV here (Canada)? They are offering 'prices to the UK from as little as $199.

(I never took it seriously because the only person I knew of who had used them said "Don't! They're crap" )
Old May 8th 2005, 9:52 am
Cheese & Onion Member

Crispie will become famous soon enoughCrispie will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Calgal
I see a lot of you recommending "Zoom". Is this the same company www.flyzoom.com that is advertising on TV here (Canada)? They are offering 'prices to the UK from as little as $199.

(I never took it seriously because the only person I knew of who had used them said "Don't! They're crap" )
Yep! That's them.

My experince of them flying to Halifax (twice) has been great apart for this flight time change thing. Atleast they didn't totally cancel a flight like Air Canada did to me. The alternative they offered was an indirect flight that would take 3 hours longer and then they wanted to charge extra for the privalege. The seat I finally got smelt of wee
To be honest the East coast flights to the UK are that much shorter it makes me less fussy about space etc and would go for cheapest anyway.
Zoom staff seemed much happier in there work too!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.