Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Cheap Flights From Uk?

Cheap Flights From Uk?

Old Apr 25th 2005, 5:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

babyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of light
Default Cheap Flights From Uk?

I know many others have discussed this before but i can't seem to find the links.
my daughter is flying to canada in a couple of weeks and needs a cheap deal. Any advice on good cheap airlines?
thanks all
Old Apr 25th 2005, 5:37 pm
Lotus-eater

Rich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Cheap Flights From Uk?

Originally Posted by babyblue
Any advice on good cheap airlines?
thanks all
Hi BB:

www.flyzoom.com

Also search for Canadian Affair, shows up good deals now and then.

We also got good prices from BMI, and Lufthansa do good deals via Germany or Holland.

Rich.
Old Apr 25th 2005, 5:38 pm
Class 1 Driver and Nurse

andy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond repute

I know many others have discussed this before but i can't seem to find the links.
my daughter is flying to canada in a couple of weeks and needs a cheap deal. Any advice on good cheap airlines?
thanks all
try this, they seem reasonably priced, we're using them next week
http://www1.canadianaffair.com/searchframe.asp
Old Apr 25th 2005, 5:38 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Biiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond repute

She could try http://www.canadianaffair.com/

Just paid 89GBP one way Glasgow-Toronto with them. Not bad, leather seats, 35" seat pitch...

Edit: hehe - we were all typing the same thing at the same time
Old Apr 25th 2005, 5:41 pm
Lotus-eater

Rich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Biiiiink
Leather seats, 35" seat pitch...

Cool - just how cool is that ? You sure this isn't a limo ?

Rich.
Old Apr 25th 2005, 5:43 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Biiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rich_007
Cool - just how cool is that ? You sure this isn't a limo ?

Rich.
Hehe - pretty sweet for a cheapie, isn't it?!

You're right though, I forgot the great price we got in Feb via Frankfurt with Lufthansa, they're well worth checking out.

I never have any luck with BMI, the flights are codeshare with Air Canada mainly but they seem to come out twice as expensive for us, but we do have the extra leg to get to London usually so that might be why...
Old Apr 25th 2005, 6:00 pm
Lotus-eater

[QUOTE=Biiiiink].

I never have any luck with BMI, the flights are codeshare with Air Canada mainly but they seem to come out twice as expensive for us, but we do have the extra leg to get to London usually so that might be why...[QUOTE]

I would guess that's it, when we booked 2x Manc-Vancouver BMI was way cheaper. By a long margin.
Old Apr 25th 2005, 6:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

babyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of light

thanks guys this was a great help. I have been checking them out and there are some great deals.
many thanks
Old May 1st 2005, 2:11 pm
Forum Regular

Quinn of Québec has a brilliant futureQuinn of Québec has a brilliant futureQuinn of Québec has a brilliant futureQuinn of Québec has a brilliant futureQuinn of Québec has a brilliant futureQuinn of Québec has a brilliant futureQuinn of Québec has a brilliant future

thanks all
Hi there,

I have flown to Canada (return flights) with various companies (Air Canada 4 times, British Airways twice, Canadian Affair once and Zoom 4 times).

In addition I have obtained tickets for these flights through various avenues (direct from their websites and also through agents).

The result of this experience . . .?

Well Zoom is by far the best balance between value and good service. My first experience with them was a little rocky (they changed the departure date) but since then I have found them to be comparable to the big carriers in all aspects except price. My wife and myself returned from a 2 week stay in Canada last week having flown there for £198 return each. The flights were on time and the service very good.

The other good option I'd recommend is by getting flights with the big carriers (BA or Air Canada) through http://www.justtheflight.co.uk/

I have saved a lot of money with them on several occasions. They often have flights to Canada with Air Cananda sold under the name of BMI (as they are both members of the 'Star Alliance' syndicate).

As for Canadian affair . . . .

I used them once and had a complete nightmare (long story involving all sorts of unpleasantness) as did all of my family who were flying over at a different time to come to my wedding in Canada. HOWEVER on these occasions Canadian affair were using 'My Travel' as their charter carrier whereas I believe they are now using 'Thomas Cook' who I'm sure are better.

In summary I would say use Zoom every time and also perhaps one of the major scheduled carriers if you can find them via http://www.justtheflight.co.uk/

I hope that if more and more people start using Zoom that this will encourage more companies to start offering economy flights to Canada and perhaps a healthy price war will ensue.

Hope this helps,

Quinn of Québec
Old May 1st 2005, 2:35 pm
Gone Walkabout

Scouse is just really niceScouse is just really niceScouse is just really niceScouse is just really niceScouse is just really niceScouse is just really niceScouse is just really niceScouse is just really niceScouse is just really niceScouse is just really nice

Just paid 89GBP one way Glasgow-Toronto with them. Not bad, leather seats, 35" seat pitch...
Wow!! Were the seats inside or outside the plane!! That is a really good deal!
Old May 1st 2005, 2:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

Snave is a splendid one to beholdSnave is a splendid one to beholdSnave is a splendid one to beholdSnave is a splendid one to beholdSnave is a splendid one to beholdSnave is a splendid one to beholdSnave is a splendid one to beholdSnave is a splendid one to beholdSnave is a splendid one to beholdSnave is a splendid one to beholdSnave is a splendid one to behold

Edit: hehe - we were all typing the same thing at the same time
Canadian Affair cancelled flights on us for 09MAY with two weeks notice. While they gave us a 100% refund, had we cancelled we'd have lost 100% of what we paid them. Zoom allowed us to change flights, with a small surcharge. IMHO avoid Canadian Affair - use Zoom.
Old May 1st 2005, 4:58 pm
Cynically amused.

dingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond repute

There are rumblings (about Zoom) that they are hiking their fares in the press over here, even for existing purchases.

Eg. A late June flight from here for two adults:

Passenger Item No. Amount PST Departure Taxes & Fees Total
1. Passenger Taxes Total
1 $299.00 $66.05 $365.05 Outbound
2 $359.00 $125.00 $484.00 Inbound

2. Passenger
1 $299.00 $66.05 $365.05
2 $359.00 $125.00 $484.00

TOTAL PRICING Amount PST Departure Taxes & Fees TOTAL
$1316.00 $0.00
Departure Taxes: $382.10
Total due: $1698.10

All Prices shown above are in Canadian Dollars $

Jazz Air is Air Canada - I got them mixed up in case anyone read the original post and wondered what I was talking about. Sorry.

Last edited by dingbat; May 1st 2005 at 6:04 pm.
Old May 1st 2005, 5:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

NessieOggy has a reputation beyond reputeNessieOggy has a reputation beyond reputeNessieOggy has a reputation beyond reputeNessieOggy has a reputation beyond reputeNessieOggy has a reputation beyond reputeNessieOggy has a reputation beyond reputeNessieOggy has a reputation beyond reputeNessieOggy has a reputation beyond reputeNessieOggy has a reputation beyond reputeNessieOggy has a reputation beyond reputeNessieOggy has a reputation beyond repute

hmmmm.... first I've heard of any correlation between Air Canada and Zoom. Reading company brochures, website, etc. the only reference I've seen to ownership is that a Scottish entrepeneur began the airline and it has a head office in Ottawa. Where did you see that it is owned by AC??

We flew Zoom, Vancouver to Glasgow, last fall at $835. all inclusive compared to the fare quoted to us by Air Canada of $1440. all inclusive. Our trip, return, was well worth the fare and we would definitely recommend Zoom. We had a problem with luggage damage - had a bit of a hiccup in the airport trying to get information, but it was dealt with by Zoom agents in a professional manner.

Cheers

Oggy
Old May 1st 2005, 6:02 pm
Cynically amused.

dingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by NessieOggy
hmmmm.... first I've heard of any correlation between Air Canada and Zoom. Reading company brochures, website, etc. the only reference I've seen to ownership is that a Scottish entrepeneur began the airline and it has a head office in Ottawa. Where did you see that it is owned by AC??

We flew Zoom, Vancouver to Glasgow, last fall at $835. all inclusive compared to the fare quoted to us by Air Canada of $1440. all inclusive. Our trip, return, was well worth the fare and we would definitely recommend Zoom. We had a problem with luggage damage - had a bit of a hiccup in the airport trying to get information, but it was dealt with by Zoom agents in a professional manner.

Cheers

Oggy
You know you are right - I am thinking of Jazz. It is so hot here today (lets rub it in shall we?) that my brain just ain't working.
Old May 1st 2005, 8:13 pm
Forum Regular

allie2 has much to be proud ofallie2 has much to be proud ofallie2 has much to be proud ofallie2 has much to be proud ofallie2 has much to be proud ofallie2 has much to be proud ofallie2 has much to be proud ofallie2 has much to be proud ofallie2 has much to be proud ofallie2 has much to be proud ofallie2 has much to be proud of

Just got a flight from Manchester to Vancouver for GBP95!!! This was through Canadian Affair but monitored through www.travelocity.co.uk. You can add 5 city combinations to their Fare Watcher and then get emails when the price changes - certainly worked for me...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.