Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

cheap flights and cheapest time of year to go?

Wikiposts

cheap flights and cheapest time of year to go?

Old Jun 30th 2009, 4:56 am
Just Joined

sunshine81 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: cheap flights and cheapest time of year to go?

Originally Posted by jericho
Winter flights to Calgary arent actually that cheap- presumably because of the ski season?

May/June seems to be cheap, and then September to Oct/Nov seems OK too. You should be able to get flights with Canadian Affair/Air Transat for around £350 ish each. In the more expensive months, the same airlines will double the prices. Still cheaper than Air Canada, BA etc though.
We found the winter flights to be the cheapest so far. We flew from Manchester to Calgary in late Jan 08 and it was £313.00 return with Canadian Affair.

Last summer (June 26th) we flew agin from Manchester to Calgary and it was £500.00 return with Fly Globspan (i think). And we booked flights a couple of months ago to go back to Calgary again from Manchester on 25th September 09 and it is costing £520.00 with Canadian Affair.

Although we have just had a Canadian friend come visit us (literally left us a few hours ago) and she flew from Calgary via Frankfurt and paid just over £300.00 return.

It makes no sense to me...