Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

CHC London March/April 04 AORs

Wikiposts

CHC London March/April 04 AORs

Old Jun 21st 2005, 1:38 am
I'm a girl, dagnabbit! :)

Wannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud of
Default Re: CHC London March/April 04 AORs

Originally Posted by ExBritExAfrican
Being in country could have something to do with it. I am march 15 AOR and quoted me 18 months and you are a week later and quoted you 15 month. But they send requests first to me - I don't understand how things work in CHC London!
I suspect those who are in country are prioritized higher than those from the UK, and that those of us outside of UK are furthest down on the ladder.

By the way, my exwife and daughter are Norwegians and they did the medicals in Oslo (very expensive compared to what I paid here in Ontario!).
Hmmm, it might be cheaper for me to fly to Ontario to take my meds, then! Every excuse to go to Canada is a good one!
Seeing as we only have two places in Norway that do the medicals, I guess they can take the price they like...

Good luck!
Thanks!
Old Jun 27th 2005, 5:22 am
Forum Regular

Tinpusher is an unknown quantity at this point

I suspect those who are in country are prioritized higher than those from the UK, and that those of us outside of UK are furthest down on the ladder.
I don't think there's much in it.
I'm in the same situation as EBEA. I've been here 2 years on a 3 year work permit and was asked for "additional information to prioritize" my application back in January. Heard nothing since. AOR 17/3/2004.
Old Jun 27th 2005, 8:14 am
Enjoying being in Canada!

ExBritExAfrican is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Tinpusher
I don't think there's much in it.
I'm in the same situation as EBEA. I've been here 2 years on a 3 year work permit and was asked for "additional information to prioritize" my application back in January. Heard nothing since. AOR 17/3/2004.
Hi tinpusher - I would ask for Caips (or whatever it is called - you know what I mean) because a colleague of mine also got asked for more info and got his request for medicals (family of 5) in almost exact time frame as mine. So I would check if they have actually recieved it or waiting on something else.
Old Jun 27th 2005, 10:51 am
Forum Regular

Tinpusher is an unknown quantity at this point

I just contacted my MP and he's looking into it for me, since we're not supposed to contact CHC directly by email any more. I should hear something within the week. I still have almost a year of my work permit left, so there's no great rush...yet.
I tracked the letter I sent and it took 11 days to leave Canada. Great service from Canada Post!
Old Jun 28th 2005, 9:55 am
Enjoying being in Canada!

ExBritExAfrican is an unknown quantity at this point

Ok good luck with that. We have two days difference in our AOR and we got request for documents around the same time so one would expect that we get our medical requests around the same time too. Or is that too much to ask? Keep us posted! I am out of the country at the moment so I am hoping that I receive something when I get back.