Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Chat for and with Canadian Family Practitioners/ex UK General Practitioners

Chat for and with Canadian Family Practitioners/ex UK General Practitioners

Old Jul 4th 2016, 12:26 pm
Just Joined

dorabug is an unknown quantity at this point
Default re: Chat for and with Canadian Family Practitioners/ex UK General Practitioners

Brilliant! Thank you. I will PM you.
Old Jul 6th 2016, 10:53 pm
Just Joined

pmpm is an unknown quantity at this point
Default re: Chat for and with Canadian Family Practitioners/ex UK General Practitioners

Hi I have a question about PR and GP job prospects. I am looking to move to Toronto. I have been told that if I apply for PR then I will have more options of jobs and I can negotiate better. Moreover, with PR, it will be easier to get a job in sought after areas near good schools. Is that true? At the moment, I have the luxury of time as I am not looking for move for a year. My SVR is nearly completed.

I have looked into express entry route and according to Canadian immigration website, I only need IELTS and ECA. But in this thread somewhere, there was some discussion about getting letters from previous employers/consultants. But I could not find that anywhere in immigration website. Could somebody please clarify the requirements for PR application?
Old Jul 7th 2016, 3:57 am
Forum Regular

Hasan78 has a reputation beyond reputeHasan78 has a reputation beyond reputeHasan78 has a reputation beyond reputeHasan78 has a reputation beyond reputeHasan78 has a reputation beyond reputeHasan78 has a reputation beyond reputeHasan78 has a reputation beyond reputeHasan78 has a reputation beyond reputeHasan78 has a reputation beyond reputeHasan78 has a reputation beyond reputeHasan78 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pmpm
Hi I have a question about PR and GP job prospects. I am looking to move to Toronto. I have been told that if I apply for PR then I will have more options of jobs and I can negotiate better. Moreover, with PR, it will be easier to get a job in sought after areas near good schools. Is that true? At the moment, I have the luxury of time as I am not looking for move for a year. My SVR is nearly completed.

I have looked into express entry route and according to Canadian immigration website, I only need IELTS and ECA. But in this thread somewhere, there was some discussion about getting letters from previous employers/consultants. But I could not find that anywhere in immigration website. Could somebody please clarify the requirements for PR application?
hi PMPM

Yes! having PR will give you the freedom to work for any employer you like. whereas if you come on LMIA it is employer specific so you stuck with 1 job for duration of LMIA or till you get your PR. however, you need to check how many points you get on CRS. Current draw seems to be around 450-480 points in order to get invite for PR. ( check CRS:Express Entry – Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS) Criteria )

one of the requirement for PR is to provide the details of the work experience related to the job - i.e GP. That details need to match the NOC duties on cic website. so the letter need to include the dates of employment/duties/hours worked/salaries....

good luck with your quest....most info you will find on this website about PR requirement via FSW.....

Last edited by Hasan78; Jul 7th 2016 at 3:58 am. Reason: completion!
Old Jul 7th 2016, 6:02 am
Just Joined

pmpm is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Hasan78
hi PMPM

Yes! having PR will give you the freedom to work for any employer you like. whereas if you come on LMIA it is employer specific so you stuck with 1 job for duration of LMIA or till you get your PR. however, you need to check how many points you get on CRS. Current draw seems to be around 450-480 points in order to get invite for PR. ( check CRS:Express Entry – Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS) Criteria )

one of the requirement for PR is to provide the details of the work experience related to the job - i.e GP. That details need to match the NOC duties on cic website. so the letter need to include the dates of employment/duties/hours worked/salaries....

good luck with your quest....most info you will find on this website about PR requirement via FSW.....
Thank you Hasan 78. I had checked my eligibility on cic website and the result was that I am eligible but it did not tell my score.

Do I need these letters now when I'm applying to go on express entry pool or do I need them when I get invitation to apply?

My wife is a GP but has been working as locum at different places for last 2-3 years so will she need to get letters from all those surgeries?

BTW what's FSW??
Old Jul 7th 2016, 3:22 pm
Forum Regular

Hasan78 has a reputation beyond reputeHasan78 has a reputation beyond reputeHasan78 has a reputation beyond reputeHasan78 has a reputation beyond reputeHasan78 has a reputation beyond reputeHasan78 has a reputation beyond reputeHasan78 has a reputation beyond reputeHasan78 has a reputation beyond reputeHasan78 has a reputation beyond reputeHasan78 has a reputation beyond reputeHasan78 has a reputation beyond repute

hi PMPM

I think you need to read Wiki - 4th button on tope of the page from left so you know what to do for PR.
I provided the link in my previous post - CRS so you can calculate your points and your wife points then you can decide who can be the principle applicant. it is different to eligibility you did on CIC.

You can get them after invitation but cic only give you 90 days i believe to collect all the documents so why risk it. I suggest your wife collect them now. Unfortunately it means to go back to each surgery but doable. I did locum work too in UK so just to make it easy for the surgeries to provide the letter - I personally drafted the letter and included all the points cic wanted then ask the surgery to modify if they wish then sign and send it.
Old Jul 26th 2016, 3:08 pm
Just Joined

leo05 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello everyone

I am a newly qualified UK GP and a permanent resident of Canada. I have now moved to Toronto. I have not yet sat the MCCEE, MCCQE 1 and 2

This a kind request to anyone who is a GP qualified in the UK moving to Ontario. Has anyone managed to get an exemption for the MCCEE in Ontario.

The CPSO website states that they do not need the MCCEE. They need only the MCCQE 1 and 2

Qualifying to Practice Medicine in Ontario | International Medical Graduates | Registering to Practise Medicine in Ontario | College of Physicians and Surgeons of Ontario

Did anyone manage to get an exemption for the MCCEE in Ontario? ( I know that BC does offer this exemption)

Also the MCC website states that we can apply for MCCEE exemption if we are certified by the CFPC... the CFPC will only provide me an eligibility letter.... can't imagine that this is enough as the MCCEE need a CPFC certification

http://mcc.ca/wp-content/uploads/exa...on-request.pdf

Many thanks in advance for your kind help in clarifing this
Old Jul 26th 2016, 3:23 pm
Muskoka, Ontario

Tirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by leo05
Hello everyone

I am a newly qualified UK GP and a permanent resident of Canada. I have now moved to Toronto. I have not yet sat the MCCEE, MCCQE 1 and 2

This a kind request to anyone who is a GP qualified in the UK moving to Ontario. Has anyone managed to get an exemption for the MCCEE in Ontario.

The CPSO website states that they do not need the MCCEE. They need only the MCCQE 1 and 2

Qualifying to Practice Medicine in Ontario | International Medical Graduates | Registering to Practise Medicine in Ontario | College of Physicians and Surgeons of Ontario

Did anyone manage to get an exemption for the MCCEE in Ontario? ( I know that BC does offer this exemption)

Also the MCC website states that we can apply for MCCEE exemption if we are certified by the CFPC... the CFPC will only provide me an eligibility letter.... can't imagine that this is enough as the MCCEE need a CPFC certification

http://mcc.ca/wp-content/uploads/exa...on-request.pdf

Many thanks in advance for your kind help in clarifing this
Both my husband and Hasan obtained a full license without sitting the MCCEE and had an exemption from sitting it. Of course you still need to sit and pass part one and part two..
Old Jul 26th 2016, 3:45 pm
Just Joined

leo05 is an unknown quantity at this point

HI Tiritroy

Thanks a million for the reply. As someone who has only been for two weeks in Toronto, It is such a relief to know that both your husband and Hasan did not need to sit the MCCEE. yes I am well aware that I need to sit the MCCQE 1 and 2

I spoke to the CPSO today, they said they do not provide any MCCEE exemption letter.

So am I right that your husband and Hasan applied directly to the MCC with the CFPC eligibility letter? Is this CFPC eligibility letter enough for the MCC to grant me MCCEE exemption or do I have to wait until the CPSO evaluation process is complete?

Also I live in downtown Toronto, looking for a practice to shadow or do an attachment. Is this possible until I wait for the CPSO evaluation to be complete? As I mentioned earlier, I am a permanent resident.

kind regards and many thanks for your help.
Old Aug 1st 2016, 2:04 pm
Forum Regular

Dr Orakzai is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Guys
I would like to enquire about Recruitment problem off late when i have been looking for jobs in Ontario where either they cant sponsor a LMIA or do not have a supervisor???. I even contracted Global Medics biggest recruiter of Gp for Canada Whom have gone bust as well and replied they due to long administrative process they dont recruit for Canada especially recent changes to Alberta recruitment wanting IMG to go to periphery which has put people from applying and they are few job offering supervision. And Ontario is also taking a turn with less employer wanting to recruit of something over 800 vacancy on health force ontario only 200 something offered supervisor box ticked but have no clue about CPSO supervisor agreement btw the employer and employee and the rest are not able to provide LMIA despite mentioning they are 2-6 vacancy on average from one employer. Wats going on Guys ??. any input would be appreciated. Thanks

Last edited by Dr Orakzai; Aug 1st 2016 at 2:07 pm.
Old Aug 2nd 2016, 12:05 am
Muskoka, Ontario

Tirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dr Orakzai
Hi Guys
I would like to enquire about Recruitment problem off late when i have been looking for jobs in Ontario where either they cant sponsor a LMIA or do not have a supervisor???. I even contracted Global Medics biggest recruiter of Gp for Canada Whom have gone bust as well and replied they due to long administrative process they dont recruit for Canada especially recent changes to Alberta recruitment wanting IMG to go to periphery which has put people from applying and they are few job offering supervision. And Ontario is also taking a turn with less employer wanting to recruit of something over 800 vacancy on health force ontario only 200 something offered supervisor box ticked but have no clue about CPSO supervisor agreement btw the employer and employee and the rest are not able to provide LMIA despite mentioning they are 2-6 vacancy on average from one employer. Wats going on Guys ??. any input would be appreciated. Thanks
I'm not trying to be rude but I'm having difficulty trying to decipher what you're trying to say or ask.. Comma's are your friend.
Old Aug 2nd 2016, 12:42 am
Forum Regular

Sorry for sounding complicated but I am struggling to find employers that would sponsor LMIA and offer supervision. Is anyone aware of any new policy from govt or canadian colleges which might have impacted recruitment in ontario? Thanks
Old Aug 2nd 2016, 5:26 am
BE Enthusiast

snoopdawg has a reputation beyond reputesnoopdawg has a reputation beyond reputesnoopdawg has a reputation beyond reputesnoopdawg has a reputation beyond reputesnoopdawg has a reputation beyond reputesnoopdawg has a reputation beyond reputesnoopdawg has a reputation beyond reputesnoopdawg has a reputation beyond reputesnoopdawg has a reputation beyond reputesnoopdawg has a reputation beyond reputesnoopdawg has a reputation beyond repute

I don't live there but might this be stalling some???
Ontario doctors to vote on controversial contract offer - The Globe and Mail
Old Aug 2nd 2016, 11:43 am
Muskoka, Ontario

Originally Posted by snoopdawg
I don't live there but might this be stalling some???
Ontario doctors to vote on controversial contract offer - The Globe and Mail
I think Snoop's right although if all individual doctors are losing revenue it makes sense to recruit extra income from a different Doctor..
Old Aug 2nd 2016, 3:22 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks for the link which is scary as they plan to cut funding but at the end I read,correct me if I am wrong''The province will continue to roll back payments to high-billers, with a goal of reducing disparities between what low-paid doctors like family physicians earn compared to highly-paid doctors like, for example, ophthalmologists''.so it sounds like good news for gp but then why are there no recruiter lining to bring gps to ontario?
Old Aug 2nd 2016, 4:08 pm
Muskoka, Ontario

Originally Posted by Dr Orakzai
Thanks for the link which is scary as they plan to cut funding but at the end I read,correct me if I am wrong''The province will continue to roll back payments to high-billers, with a goal of reducing disparities between what low-paid doctors like family physicians earn compared to highly-paid doctors like, for example, ophthalmologists''.so it sounds like good news for gp but then why are there no recruiter lining to bring gps to ontario?
We approached Health Care Ontario directly who sent out my husbands resume directly to practices with available openings and stating that he needed supervision. No real need to use a recruiter/agency.

How can I put this.. Is your written English on this forum an example of how you are corresponding with practices/agencies?

As for the government/doctor battle, isn't it the same in every country..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.