Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Cell phone frequency bands in Canada

Cell phone frequency bands in Canada

Old Apr 20th 2009, 6:19 pm
C'est correck

Canada2006 has much to be proud ofCanada2006 has much to be proud ofCanada2006 has much to be proud ofCanada2006 has much to be proud ofCanada2006 has much to be proud ofCanada2006 has much to be proud ofCanada2006 has much to be proud ofCanada2006 has much to be proud ofCanada2006 has much to be proud ofCanada2006 has much to be proud ofCanada2006 has much to be proud of
Default Re: Cell phone frequency bands in Canada

Originally Posted by ExcitedBrit
check this out and let me know about it

http://www.fido.ca/web/page/portal/Fido/PrepaidPlans
Similar to rogers. note the $20 per month minimum.
Old Apr 20th 2009, 6:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

chumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kiz85
When i've been over to canada on trips from the UK neither of my mobiles (one is O2 and the other is Orange) worked there and they are both tri-band and worked for my everywhere else including south america. So in the end I bought a cheap PAYG cell phone.
defintly varies from place to place within canada
same thing when my husband lived in Alberda

tri ban phone purchased especially for the occasion never did work yet in remote NS with a tri band uk phone it works in some areas
Old Apr 20th 2009, 6:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

ExcitedBrit is an unknown quantity at this point

Thought I saw the $10 minimun there! this is just to get me started anyway, wont to using the mobile too much, will be investing in a landline asap.

Originally Posted by Canada2006
Similar to rogers. note the $20 per month minimum.
Old Apr 20th 2009, 6:36 pm
C'est correck

Canada2006 has much to be proud ofCanada2006 has much to be proud ofCanada2006 has much to be proud ofCanada2006 has much to be proud ofCanada2006 has much to be proud ofCanada2006 has much to be proud ofCanada2006 has much to be proud ofCanada2006 has much to be proud ofCanada2006 has much to be proud ofCanada2006 has much to be proud ofCanada2006 has much to be proud of

Thought I saw the $10 minimun there! this is just to get me started anyway, wont to using the mobile too much, will be investing in a landline asap.
probably did, rogers offer a $10 top up but require q minimum of $20 per month to keep the number active.
Old Apr 20th 2009, 6:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

ExcitedBrit is an unknown quantity at this point

gosh, what is this- the mobile mafia incorp or something. Why is it such a luxury in canada.

probably did, rogers offer a $10 top up but require q minimum of $20 per month to keep the number active.
Old Apr 20th 2009, 7:07 pm
C'est correck

gosh, what is this- the mobile mafia incorp or something. Why is it such a luxury in canada.
Canada have some of the lowest mobile penetration rates in western Europe.

Yes it's a bit of a mafia, but there are new entrants on the horizon due in 18 months time...
Old Apr 20th 2009, 8:04 pm
Forum Regular

compchris has a brilliant futurecompchris has a brilliant futurecompchris has a brilliant futurecompchris has a brilliant futurecompchris has a brilliant futurecompchris has a brilliant future

You can keep your number active on $10 per month on a Rogers PAYG plan. You just have to make sure you have the right one. Thats what my OH does...
Old Apr 20th 2009, 8:06 pm
Bring on the snow!

Rob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by compchris
You can keep your number active on $10 per month on a Rogers PAYG plan. You just have to make sure you have the right one. Thats what my OH does...
My OH has PAYG plan with rogers - $10 a month and can roll unused minutes over as well. It's the cheapest option if you're a low user and have your own phone.
Old Apr 20th 2009, 8:14 pm
Forum Regular

kiz85 is just really nicekiz85 is just really nicekiz85 is just really nicekiz85 is just really nicekiz85 is just really nicekiz85 is just really nicekiz85 is just really nicekiz85 is just really nice

well then it doesn't work in either Alberta or Ontario because I tried in both Calgary and Toronto and i had no service in either of them with either network!

Originally Posted by chumley
defintly varies from place to place within canada
same thing when my husband lived in Alberda

tri ban phone purchased especially for the occasion never did work yet in remote NS with a tri band uk phone it works in some areas