Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Cashing in UK pension from Canada advice please

Cashing in UK pension from Canada advice please

Old May 30th 2016, 2:58 pm
Forum Regular

pacepeter is a jewel in the roughpacepeter is a jewel in the roughpacepeter is a jewel in the roughpacepeter is a jewel in the rough
Default Cashing in UK pension from Canada advice please

So was thinking of cashing it in and paying some off my mortgage but they say I have to get a IFA who is registered in England to fill in the forms went to the web site they gave me but none are interested because I am in Canada and they want to re invest it and take a cut.
Problem two is tax I have to fill in a form and send it to revenue Canada so I don't have to pay UK tax but will still have to pay Canada tax
Does anyone know how much or is it just added to my yearly earnings and I have to pay the higher tax band
If anyone has any advice please
Old Jul 15th 2016, 7:40 pm
Forum Regular

gary123 has a reputation beyond reputegary123 has a reputation beyond reputegary123 has a reputation beyond reputegary123 has a reputation beyond reputegary123 has a reputation beyond reputegary123 has a reputation beyond reputegary123 has a reputation beyond reputegary123 has a reputation beyond reputegary123 has a reputation beyond reputegary123 has a reputation beyond reputegary123 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Cashing in UK pension from Canada advice please

Just dealt with a company that has moved my 3 uk pensions off shore, PM for more info if you interested.
Old Jul 15th 2016, 7:52 pm
Just Joined

russo3000 is an unknown quantity at this point

Planning to do this for my parents, but from Canada, any ideas?
Old Jul 15th 2016, 8:01 pm
Binned by Muderators

JonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pacepeter
...I have to fill in a form and send it to revenue Canada so I don't have to pay UK tax but will still have to pay Canada tax
Does anyone know how much or is it just added to my yearly earnings and I have to pay the higher tax band ...
It is just added to your income and you pay tax at your marginal rate. The amount could easily push you into higher tax bands.