Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

car sun/moon roof and the weather

car sun/moon roof and the weather

Old Sep 1st 2022, 12:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

abner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: car sun/moon roof and the weather

Originally Posted by I am I said
Sadly, no. And either was the one mounted beside it. I was amazed at how much damage there was to bikes, car and rack for the hit. Fortunately, scrap metal prices are looking strong.
Well, it went at least it all went well beyond the deductible then, and into the zone where "claiming it" went at least somewhere beyond the NPV value of "not claiming it". For maybe a year or two of savagely increased subsequent premiums, anyway.

Not that I'm bitter about something similar.
Old Sep 1st 2022, 4:15 pm
dah diddly dah

btar has a reputation beyond reputebtar has a reputation beyond reputebtar has a reputation beyond reputebtar has a reputation beyond reputebtar has a reputation beyond reputebtar has a reputation beyond reputebtar has a reputation beyond reputebtar has a reputation beyond reputebtar has a reputation beyond reputebtar has a reputation beyond reputebtar has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sunnybrae
It gets wet here in Scotland but not as cold as to where I'll probably end up living .

Thanks for the posts, I suppose at the end of day, like all things in life, you'll never know until you try so as I like sun roofs I may as well get a vehicle that has one and see what happens.
I too like sunroofs as they are useful for a quick release of hot air in summer and make the interior of the vehicle much lighter in winter when it can be dull. I have no experience of them leaking or freezing but recall that in the UK, I've had car doors frozen shut which can be a challenge to open without damaging the rubber seal (no, I don't have a solution). I would think frozen doors, windows, sunroofs etc may be unusual in Canada because humidity levels (in winter) are low so there is little moisture to freeze.

Old Sep 1st 2022, 5:45 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat134 scrubbedexpat134 scrubbedexpat134 scrubbedexpat134 scrubbedexpat134 scrubbedexpat134 scrubbedexpat134 scrubbedexpat134 scrubbedexpat134 scrubbedexpat134 scrubbedexpat134

Dont open your sunroof in the winter and when you open it for the first time in the spring make sure temp is above freezing and all will be ok.
Old Sep 3rd 2022, 12:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

abner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Cheltonian
Dont open your sunroof in the winter and when you open it for the first time in the spring make sure temp is above freezing and all will be ok.
That's a bit more conservative than is necessary.

If it's dry and cold, and there hasn't been any accumulation of snow or ice on the car, then the sunroof will operate normally once the rest or the car is properly warmed up.

And I don't know if it's 'a Canadian thing' or if it's just me, but I've found it can be really pleasant, in early winter, to have the sunroof opened at the back side--cold fresh air to breath--while having the other ventilation levels be on mild warm. Relax and enjoy, particularly on an extended road-trip.
Old Sep 8th 2022, 11:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

scilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond repute

I found the sun to be more of a bother on the Hyundai with a sun roof that we had in the 1990s ............. I had to put on a sun hat in the car many many times.
Old Sep 10th 2022, 4:22 am

Piff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond repute

Got a massive sun roof in the mini. I've had to put a decal on the glass. It's like sitting in a green house.