Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Car rental- CDW

Car rental- CDW

Old Sep 27th 2011, 4:09 am
BE Forum Addict

London Mike has a reputation beyond reputeLondon Mike has a reputation beyond reputeLondon Mike has a reputation beyond reputeLondon Mike has a reputation beyond reputeLondon Mike has a reputation beyond reputeLondon Mike has a reputation beyond reputeLondon Mike has a reputation beyond reputeLondon Mike has a reputation beyond reputeLondon Mike has a reputation beyond reputeLondon Mike has a reputation beyond reputeLondon Mike has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Car rental- CDW

Originally Posted by lmartin999
Yes, you see this with Hertz. If you book on co.uk it will often include all insurances (on the assumption I guess that most UK cards do not typically offer insurance cover), .ca does not.

I keep a UK American Express Platinum card which has some of the best coverage I have seen - medical, car rental, travel etc. For travel you don't even have to have paid with the card to be covered.
Is there a c/card you don't have LM? Gets you some good deal on points, eh?
Old Sep 27th 2011, 4:56 am
BE Enthusiast

LucyLovelock is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by big ron
Try Canadian Affair car hire,I have hired from them for the last 10 years.All is included if you pay a little extra,full tank ,extra driver all insurance etc. The only thing they don,t cover is the excess which I got on a policy for £38 pounds for a 2 weeks hire on the net.(search excess ins.)Hope this helps.
Unless you are certain your dates wont change, or circumstances change, NEVER book thru crappy affair! If you have to change the dates, they will hold you to the non refundable, non transferable part of the policy and keep all your hard earned money!!!Trust me I know! And it was through no fault of our own!!!
Old Sep 27th 2011, 2:18 pm

Aviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by LucyLovelock
Unless you are certain your dates wont change, or circumstances change, NEVER book thru crappy affair! If you have to change the dates, they will hold you to the non refundable, non transferable part of the policy and keep all your hard earned money!!!Trust me I know! And it was through no fault of our own!!!
This is why you take out insurance is it not?

Book a cheap fair, with restrictions, you get what you pay for. Was there something about non refundable, non transferable that was misleading?