Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Car hire Nova Scotia

Car hire Nova Scotia

Old May 7th 2007, 9:17 pm
Wellington NS

budcolin has much to be proud ofbudcolin has much to be proud ofbudcolin has much to be proud ofbudcolin has much to be proud ofbudcolin has much to be proud ofbudcolin has much to be proud ofbudcolin has much to be proud ofbudcolin has much to be proud ofbudcolin has much to be proud ofbudcolin has much to be proud ofbudcolin has much to be proud of
Smile Car hire Nova Scotia

Hello
Can anyone advise on car hire in Nova Scotia.(rough costs and companies etc).Also do the prices include the tax and collision waiver.

Kind Regards
Colin
Old May 7th 2007, 9:48 pm
Forum Regular

moonraker is just really nicemoonraker is just really nicemoonraker is just really nicemoonraker is just really nicemoonraker is just really nicemoonraker is just really nicemoonraker is just really nicemoonraker is just really nicemoonraker is just really nice
Default Re: Car hire Nova Scotia

Originally Posted by budcolin
Hello
Can anyone advise on car hire in Nova Scotia.(rough costs and companies etc).Also do the prices include the tax and collision waiver.

Kind Regards
Colin
How long for?
Old May 7th 2007, 9:49 pm
Wellington NS

budcolin has much to be proud ofbudcolin has much to be proud ofbudcolin has much to be proud ofbudcolin has much to be proud ofbudcolin has much to be proud ofbudcolin has much to be proud ofbudcolin has much to be proud ofbudcolin has much to be proud ofbudcolin has much to be proud ofbudcolin has much to be proud ofbudcolin has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by moonraker
How long for?
Sorry

2 weeks

Colin
Old May 7th 2007, 10:06 pm
Forum Regular

moonraker is just really nicemoonraker is just really nicemoonraker is just really nicemoonraker is just really nicemoonraker is just really nicemoonraker is just really nicemoonraker is just really nicemoonraker is just really nicemoonraker is just really nice

Sorry

2 weeks

Colin
Hiring from the airport is more expensive than hiring elsewhere and prices quoted also do not include HST (14%) and damage waiver (approx $21 per day) Check if your credit card covers you for this. If you can pick up and drop off at a location other than the airport it can be cheaper. On holiday last year we got the shuttle bus to Halifax and hired and dropped off from there. We are now hiring from Enterprise and the daily spring rate =$40 per day excluding HST. We opted out of the damage waiver but that must be your decision.
Old May 7th 2007, 11:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

Liana is just really niceLiana is just really niceLiana is just really niceLiana is just really niceLiana is just really niceLiana is just really niceLiana is just really niceLiana is just really niceLiana is just really niceLiana is just really niceLiana is just really nice

I would recommend Enterprise too. Except now they have new regulations if you don't take their insurance. Had that problem last year at Heathrow and when I checked out if it was just the UK when we returned I was told by the North American Customer Service centre that the regulations applied over here also. Probably all rentals with all companies are the same though.
But Enterprise are good and very affordable.
Old May 8th 2007, 6:53 pm
Wellington NS

Originally Posted by Liana
I would recommend Enterprise too. Except now they have new regulations if you don't take their insurance. Had that problem last year at Heathrow and when I checked out if it was just the UK when we returned I was told by the North American Customer Service centre that the regulations applied over here also. Probably all rentals with all companies are the same though.
But Enterprise are good and very affordable.
Thanks Moonraker and liana,

Funny enough it was Enterprise i was keen on.I'll take your advice Moon and get a shuttle to the city to pick up.I'm coming to explore in June with intention of settling in Nova Scotia.

All the Best
Colin
Old May 8th 2007, 7:47 pm
Forum Regular

lawson44 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello

Kind Regards
Colin
Hi

I can definitely recommend carhire3000 http://www.carhire3000.com/ they were the cheapest we found and will price match anyone else you can find, we did and they matched the price with no questions. If you pick the platinum cover all the insurances, a full tank of petrol and an extra driver are included so no need to worry. After you pick what car is best for you and pay they send you a voucher which you take to the hire desk at the airport usually thrifty. Also if you want to book directly with thrifty you can get the same cover here http://prepaid.thrifty.co.uk/packages-canada.cfm
but at a slightly higher price.

Hope this helps

Phil
Old May 8th 2007, 8:36 pm
Wellington NS

Smile Re: Car hire Nova Scotia

Cheers Phil

I'll check it out.

Colin
Old May 8th 2007, 9:27 pm
Forum Regular

Funny enough it was Enterprise i was keen on.I'll take your advice Moon and get a shuttle to the city to pick up.I'm coming to explore in June with intention of settling in Nova Scotia.

All the Best
Colin
Colin

Just checked and it seems that with carhire3000 the price for picking up at the airport is the same if not cheaper, or there could be a problem with the website.
Old May 8th 2007, 9:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

Southcote is a glorious beacon of lightSouthcote is a glorious beacon of lightSouthcote is a glorious beacon of lightSouthcote is a glorious beacon of lightSouthcote is a glorious beacon of lightSouthcote is a glorious beacon of lightSouthcote is a glorious beacon of lightSouthcote is a glorious beacon of lightSouthcote is a glorious beacon of lightSouthcote is a glorious beacon of lightSouthcote is a glorious beacon of light

Hello

Kind Regards
Colin
Try www.canadarentacar.com. We're hiring a 4x4for 15 nights for £472 starting on Monday. This is all singing all dancing cover, through Thrifty
Old May 9th 2007, 12:01 am
Scottish Canuck

Cookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond repute

To anyone based in the UK hiring a car in Canada, please take a copy of your quote with you. The company we used tried to charge us double when we picked the car up. We showed him our paperwork and he had to honour it.
Old May 9th 2007, 12:18 am
Forum Regular

All the Best
Colin
If you do decide on the Airporter just check it is dropping at or close to where you are staying, usually the major hotels.

http://www.hiaa.ca/images/pdf_files/...20Schedule.pdf
Old May 9th 2007, 7:45 pm
Wellington NS

Originally Posted by moonraker
If you do decide on the Airporter just check it is dropping at or close to where you are staying, usually the major hotels.

http://www.hiaa.ca/images/pdf_files/...20Schedule.pdf
Thanks so much everyone

I've had some good quotes.

Colin
Old May 9th 2007, 8:06 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks so much everyone

I've had some good quotes.

Colin
When in June are you going and have you been before.
Old May 9th 2007, 9:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

smitp11 will become famous soon enoughsmitp11 will become famous soon enough

Hello

Kind Regards
Colin
Try http://www.airline-network.co.uk/carhire, they are the cheapest I have found and they use thrifty for the rentals. The rates are normally cheaper than direct from thrifty and you get better insurance. If you take the premium/gold package it includes an additional driver and a tank of gas. For our next hire - in June, 8 days, it was another £23 - for a full size.

Patrick.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.