Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Canadianaffair Price differences UK/Canada Sites

Wikiposts

Canadianaffair Price differences UK/Canada Sites

Old Mar 8th 2010, 5:46 am
BE Enthusiast

Mike Gas has a brilliant futureMike Gas has a brilliant futureMike Gas has a brilliant futureMike Gas has a brilliant futureMike Gas has a brilliant futureMike Gas has a brilliant futureMike Gas has a brilliant future
Default Canadianaffair Price differences UK/Canada Sites

Is it possible to book UK prices from Canada so you travel from Canada to the UK and return at a latter date, there site does not seem to let you but can you by phone, as they seem considerably cheaper then booking them on their Canadian site when you add on tax.
This may be due to different tax levels and the low pound.
Old Mar 8th 2010, 6:30 am
Forum Regular

Gail will become famous soon enoughGail will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Canadianaffair Price differences UK/Canada Sites

Yes, just phone the UK number. The last couple of times we went back I did it this way and saved a lot of money. Sometimes there is no or very little difference in the prices, but other times it is huge - we saved over 400 pounds last year. Also helps if you have a UK credit card to pay it with as you then don't have to pay any exchange fees
Old Mar 8th 2010, 2:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

Mike Gas has a brilliant futureMike Gas has a brilliant futureMike Gas has a brilliant futureMike Gas has a brilliant futureMike Gas has a brilliant futureMike Gas has a brilliant futureMike Gas has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Gail
Yes, just phone the UK number. The last couple of times we went back I did it this way and saved a lot of money. Sometimes there is no or very little difference in the prices, but other times it is huge - we saved over 400 pounds last year. Also helps if you have a UK credit card to pay it with as you then don't have to pay any exchange fees
Thank you Gail the prices I was checking were close to $390 difference
Old Mar 8th 2010, 6:05 pm
half a century

The4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mike Gas
Is it possible to book UK prices from Canada so you travel from Canada to the UK and return at a latter date, there site does not seem to let you but can you by phone, as they seem considerably cheaper then booking them on their Canadian site when you add on tax.
This may be due to different tax levels and the low pound.
Spooky - I was only looking last night and thinking - woah thats a big dif wonder if I can book the other way round!!