Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Canadian version of Aldi (not Netto)

Canadian version of Aldi (not Netto)

Old Nov 3rd 2008, 3:07 pm
Just Joined

DoubleFilms is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Canadian version of Aldi (not Netto)

Hi All,

Me and the wife mainly shop at Aldi here in the UK - even before the credit crunch kicked in!

Where would we shop in BC to get the same quality and value-for-money.

Oh and please don't lump Aldi in the same bracket as netto! PAH
Old Nov 3rd 2008, 3:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

rach_woz99 has much to be proud ofrach_woz99 has much to be proud ofrach_woz99 has much to be proud ofrach_woz99 has much to be proud ofrach_woz99 has much to be proud ofrach_woz99 has much to be proud ofrach_woz99 has much to be proud ofrach_woz99 has much to be proud ofrach_woz99 has much to be proud ofrach_woz99 has much to be proud ofrach_woz99 has much to be proud of
Default Re: Canadian version of Aldi (not Netto)

Hi there,

I don't know if they are right across Canada, but here on the East side there is a supermarket called "Price Chopper" which is relatively cheap and reminds me a lot of cut price supermarkets in the UK ie doesn't spend too much on good lighting and staging, but prices are cheaper!

Hope this helps
Rachel
Old Nov 3rd 2008, 3:17 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rach_woz99
Hi there,

I don't know if they are right across Canada, but here on the East side there is a supermarket called "Price Chopper" which is relatively cheap and reminds me a lot of cut price supermarkets in the UK ie doesn't spend too much on good lighting and staging, but prices are cheaper!

Hope this helps
Rachel
Also Food Basics: minimialist supermarket with exceptionally good charcoal.
Old Nov 3rd 2008, 3:57 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Biiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond repute

Are you near the US border? Lots of real Aldi stores in the US, round here anyway...
Old Nov 3rd 2008, 4:21 pm
G77
BE Forum Addict

G77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Biiiiink
Are you near the US border? Lots of real Aldi stores in the US, round here anyway...
There is? You didn't tell me that one - I will make the OH go to Aldi now like I did back in the UK muwahahahaha