Wikiposts

Canadian Technology !!!

Old Sep 16th 2004, 9:22 pm
Forum Regular

Chester Copperpot is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Canadian Technology !!!

Originally Posted by squarepants
Thanks for that Robert !

Chester.....don't mean to bust your bubble, but 3G has been out in the UK now for over a year, and aren't they the ones with the fancy showrooms all over london, with the big 3 logo and all that?

I know what you mean about the states, but that has always been the case, even widescreen TVs are not common here, its all HDTV, and many folks still have the square TVs

Also its illegal to unlock your mobile over here, not like the UK, where you can have it done down the market, or have your own equipment like I do, with the neccessary software.
I know as I said in the post 3G now do payg. What I meant is that they are way too bulky and only when the major telcos join in (orange, tmobile & vodaphone) will the handset size be small enough for the next wave of major sales. Thats the main reason my wife didn't buy one, they are just too bulky at the moment.
Old Sep 17th 2004, 8:47 am
squarepants

I take your point, and you are right. That was the problem with BLACKBERRY, but they seem to have solved that problem now, with their new 7100t and V series.

Originally Posted by Chester Copperpot
I know as I said in the post 3G now do payg. What I meant is that they are way too bulky and only when the major telcos join in (orange, tmobile & vodaphone) will the handset size be small enough for the next wave of major sales. Thats the main reason my wife didn't buy one, they are just too bulky at the moment.

Old Sep 19th 2004, 12:45 am
squarepants

Are you in the business too Bob?

Originally Posted by Bob
Gave you a shot of karma too, for the links and stuff