Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Canadian sunspecs

Wikiposts

Canadian sunspecs

Old Mar 24th 2006, 3:14 am
Forum Regular

Arco-Iris has a reputation beyond reputeArco-Iris has a reputation beyond reputeArco-Iris has a reputation beyond reputeArco-Iris has a reputation beyond reputeArco-Iris has a reputation beyond reputeArco-Iris has a reputation beyond reputeArco-Iris has a reputation beyond reputeArco-Iris has a reputation beyond reputeArco-Iris has a reputation beyond reputeArco-Iris has a reputation beyond reputeArco-Iris has a reputation beyond repute
Default Canadian sunspecs

I wonder if anyone will recognise these and tell me if there is a website to track them down. Many years ago a Canadian friend sent me some fabulous yellow-lensed sunspecs that filtered out the blues and everything looked vibrant through them! They had a plain oval black frame. I believe they were available through a kind of Innovations mail order booklet.

Something similar called "Eagle Eyes" is available in UK, said to be for night driving to cut out the glare, but with less attractive frames.

Does anyone know of the Canadian ones, where to get them, website etc. Many many thanks in advance.
Old Mar 24th 2006, 5:02 am
Part Time Poster

MikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Canadian sunspecs

Dunno about that particular brand..

But this is the right place to ask.. many people here use tinted glasses

I not sure of the brand but the preference at least on this message board seem to be “rose tinted”

Old Mar 24th 2006, 5:10 am
Forum Regular

CWEMM02 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Arco-Iris
I wonder if anyone will recognise these and tell me if there is a website to track them down. Many years ago a Canadian friend sent me some fabulous yellow-lensed sunspecs that filtered out the blues and everything looked vibrant through them! They had a plain oval black frame. I believe they were available through a kind of Innovations mail order booklet.

Something similar called "Eagle Eyes" is available in UK, said to be for night driving to cut out the glare, but with less attractive frames.

Does anyone know of the Canadian ones, where to get them, website etc. Many many thanks in advance.
I think that these glasses were promoted on TV, but many years ago. I haven't seen anyone with them or on sale anywhere for a very long time.
Old Mar 24th 2006, 5:48 am
Class 1 Driver and Nurse

andy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MikeUK
Dunno about that particular brand..

But this is the right place to ask.. many people here use tinted glasses

I not sure of the brand but the preference at least on this message board seem to be “rose tinted”

lol
Old Mar 24th 2006, 5:58 am
Banned

Athome has a spectacular aura aboutAthome has a spectacular aura aboutAthome has a spectacular aura about

When I read the title of your post, I thought you had misspelled SUSPECTS !!
Old Mar 24th 2006, 6:09 am
Moderαtor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Arco-Iris

Sound a lot like the yellow "cloudy day" lenses on my Nike Interchange shades. Work fine and make the cloudy days seem brighter. Just means everything has a blue hue for a while after taking them off.

I dont know why these "canadian" ones you are looking for are so special, wouldnt any suitable yellow tint lenses have the same effect. Any optician should be able to make you a pair with whatever frames you pick out, shouldnt they?

Last edited by iaink; Mar 24th 2006 at 6:16 am.
Old Mar 24th 2006, 6:48 am
Forum Regular

Arco-Iris has a reputation beyond reputeArco-Iris has a reputation beyond reputeArco-Iris has a reputation beyond reputeArco-Iris has a reputation beyond reputeArco-Iris has a reputation beyond reputeArco-Iris has a reputation beyond reputeArco-Iris has a reputation beyond reputeArco-Iris has a reputation beyond reputeArco-Iris has a reputation beyond reputeArco-Iris has a reputation beyond reputeArco-Iris has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by CWEMM02
I think that these glasses were promoted on TV, but many years ago. I haven't seen anyone with them or on sale anywhere for a very long time.

It was a long time ago -over 10 years that I received them - and lost them recently. I think maybe they're not available any more.

Thanks to you all for your responses.
Old Mar 24th 2006, 11:59 am
Forum Regular

allie2 has much to be proud ofallie2 has much to be proud ofallie2 has much to be proud ofallie2 has much to be proud ofallie2 has much to be proud ofallie2 has much to be proud ofallie2 has much to be proud ofallie2 has much to be proud ofallie2 has much to be proud ofallie2 has much to be proud ofallie2 has much to be proud of

You can get special lenses for sports that make yellows look vibrant http://www.softballjunk.com/bolle.htm