Reload this Page >

Canadian Sports - Any converts?

Wikiposts

Canadian Sports - Any converts?

Old Jun 9th 2004, 10:56 pm
Account Closed

Sean Boxer is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by oceanMDX
Of course I can see the puck! They should amend the rules for gaining Canadian citizenship. No citizenship until you can see the puck!
Maybe it's because the Ottawa 67s hit it so damn hard!

Go 67's!!!!
Old Jun 10th 2004, 3:09 am
mickj

Yes.......Drinking Tim Hortons ! That is one sport with a lot of competitors taking part every morning

Old Jun 11th 2004, 2:39 pm
Forum Regular

Dr. Who is an unknown quantity at this point
Question

I dunno about you guys, but when I say to canadian's that only girls play hockey in England they seem to get mad at me.

As for baseball - isn't that just rounders with a bigger bat?

Dr. Who
Old Jun 11th 2004, 3:05 pm
#include

simonhouse is an unknown quantity at this point

I can't get into North American sports - too many commercials - I like fluid gameplay.

Fortunately TSN & Fox Sports World do not insert ads into our football :) Could you imagine if they did, especially over the top of Euro 2004 - I'd be livid, especially if England scored during an intermission!
Old Jun 11th 2004, 3:10 pm
mañana is my busiest day

oceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to behold

Originally posted by Dr. Who
I dunno about you guys, but when I say to canadian's that only girls play hockey in England they seem to get mad at me.

As for baseball - isn't that just rounders with a bigger bat?

Dr. Who
Hearing that doesn't make me mad at you, but I can assure you that England's best male hockey players couldn't beat Canada's women's hockey team - they are the reigning world champs! I'll even let you put skates on your best football players, and our women's team would still win.
Old Jun 11th 2004, 5:07 pm
Forum Regular

Dr. Who is an unknown quantity at this point

Hearing that doesn't make me mad at you, but I can assure you that England's best male hockey players couldn't beat Canada's women's hockey team
I do not disagree - I bet them girls could bet our boys at hopscotch too
Old Jun 11th 2004, 5:59 pm
mañana is my busiest day

oceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to behold

Originally posted by Dr. Who
I do not disagree - I bet them girls could bet our boys at hopscotch too
Yes, they'd squish them like bugs.
Old Jun 12th 2004, 12:02 am
mickj

I can tell you too my friend, that the canadian mens soccer team, couldn't beat the Arsenal womens team Oh.....and let's not get into rugby !

Hearing that doesn't make me mad at you, but I can assure you that England's best male hockey players couldn't beat Canada's women's hockey team - they are the reigning world champs! I'll even let you put skates on your best football players, and our women's team would still win.

Old Jun 12th 2004, 5:19 am
BE Enthusiast

Mike Gas has a brilliant futureMike Gas has a brilliant futureMike Gas has a brilliant futureMike Gas has a brilliant futureMike Gas has a brilliant futureMike Gas has a brilliant futureMike Gas has a brilliant future

We were in Bc April when the playoffs were on saw them in a couple of local pubs but must admit I couldent follow the puck either.
PS must be ice Hockey it’s played on bloody ice isent it
Old Jun 23rd 2004, 4:35 am
Just Joined

waynekez is an unknown quantity at this point
Default hockey pucks!

Originally posted by Sean Boxer
Sorry to keep on about this but can you see the puck?

The reason I'm struggling with hockey is that I always feel like I'm playing catch-up because I'm looking for where the puck should be as opposed to just looking at the puck.

Just look for the stick on the ice and thats where the puck is. You do get used to it after a while! I'm having withdrawal symptons due to the season finishing! Myself, my husband and the kids watch our local team in Coventry(UK) as well as a few late nights catching up on the NHL action! We can't wait to move over there!
Old Jun 23rd 2004, 5:15 am
Just Joined

I agree with you for sure!
Lets see if even the toughest football player could get back up after a good slam up the boards!!
I'm sure they would have to have a customary roll around the ice first and I cant see them struggling to get off the ice with concusion to get a new man on, can you?
Sorry footie fans ! I dont mean to sound harsh but Im a girl and I'm just saying what I see - no hard feelings?
Old Jun 23rd 2004, 6:42 am
Forum Regular

donglemouse is an unknown quantity at this point

waynekez - if you like that sort of thing I suggest you investigate lacrosse when you come to Canada

I always thought lacrosse was a game for posh schoolgirls - however I have revised my opinion considerably, the average canadian lacrosse player makes the hockey players seem like pansies
Old Jun 24th 2004, 4:07 am
Just Joined

Originally posted by donglemouse
waynekez - if you like that sort of thing I suggest you investigate lacrosse when you come to Canada

I always thought lacrosse was a game for posh schoolgirls - however I have revised my opinion considerably, the average canadian lacrosse player makes the hockey players seem like pansies

Donglemouse - Lacrosse sounds pretty tough! when does the season run?
Old Jun 24th 2004, 4:49 am
Forum Regular

shamur will become famous soon enough

I got into hockey and lacrosse when my boys played it, now my grandkids are playing so I still get to go to the games, love them both.
Old Jun 24th 2004, 5:03 am
Forum Regular

donglemouse is an unknown quantity at this point

the "pro" lacrosse league, the NLL runs from early January until the end of April - there are currently Canadian teams in Toronto (world champions 4 of the last 5 years), Calgary (current world champs) and Vancouver

I say "pro" because they all have day jobs and get paid a pittance for playing (about $10k at most) but do it simply because they like it

see www.nll.com if you want to know more

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.