Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Canadian, .. So?

Canadian, .. So?

Old Dec 9th 2004, 8:20 pm
  #76  
Lost in BE Cyberspace
 
willmore's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2004
Location: Victoria, BC Canada
Posts: 61,698
willmore has disabled reputation
Default Re: Canadian, .. So?

Originally Posted by Rhodes
So it's some sort of bizarre 'politically correct' expression, is it? Where will this lunacy stop?
Which is that...my feeble attempt at being diplomatic or this politically correctness?
willmore is offline  
Old Dec 9th 2004, 8:25 pm
  #77  
The Green Engine
 
SirTainly's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2004
Location: Vancouver - soon
Posts: 4,400
SirTainly is a glorious beacon of lightSirTainly is a glorious beacon of lightSirTainly is a glorious beacon of lightSirTainly is a glorious beacon of lightSirTainly is a glorious beacon of lightSirTainly is a glorious beacon of lightSirTainly is a glorious beacon of lightSirTainly is a glorious beacon of lightSirTainly is a glorious beacon of lightSirTainly is a glorious beacon of lightSirTainly is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Canadian, .. So?

Originally Posted by Crispie
You're not going to tell me that you commute on the A14 everyday and retain a sense of humour! Or does Sir use the helecopter?
Me, I cry if I have to travel more than 2 miles..... but unfortunately it does nothing for MY sense of humour!
Not these days I avoid the A14 like the plague, had enough of that when I worked in Cambridge. Since Sir does not have a helicopter, I wish, I have to drive from Chatteris to Huntingdon every to get the train Why are there so many traffic lights there ? It 10 sets in the mornign and 12 sets at night..the joys of the one way system.
SirTainly is offline  
Old Dec 9th 2004, 8:32 pm
  #78  
The Green Engine
 
SirTainly's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2004
Location: Vancouver - soon
Posts: 4,400
SirTainly is a glorious beacon of lightSirTainly is a glorious beacon of lightSirTainly is a glorious beacon of lightSirTainly is a glorious beacon of lightSirTainly is a glorious beacon of lightSirTainly is a glorious beacon of lightSirTainly is a glorious beacon of lightSirTainly is a glorious beacon of lightSirTainly is a glorious beacon of lightSirTainly is a glorious beacon of lightSirTainly is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Canadian, .. So?

Originally Posted by willmore
It's actually called "Life Sciences"
Here it depends where you study which it's called, I had some friends take it at uni. Wonder what they are doing now

best IT and software engineers related to Macs are allowed.
Since these are mutually exclusive terms I can see why your island is devoid of IT people!

I make my husband gather the wood and food,
No wonder men die first..all over worked!

while I stay at home barefoot and pregnant in the kitchen with the 10 kids cooking by a lantern.
May I suggest using the fire to cook with, it will be quicker than using the lantern! Also don't you think 10 and with one more on the way is enough ?? Or are you trying to increase the number of Mac users by adjusting the national birthrate ?
SirTainly is offline  
Old Dec 9th 2004, 8:39 pm
  #79  
Cheese & Onion Member
 
Crispie's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2004
Location: Huntingdon and NOW Nova Scotia
Posts: 392
Crispie will become famous soon enoughCrispie will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Canadian, .. So?

Originally Posted by SirTainly
Not these days I avoid the A14 like the plague, had enough of that when I worked in Cambridge. Since Sir does not have a helicopter, I wish, I have to drive from Chatteris to Huntingdon every to get the train Why are there so many traffic lights there ? It 10 sets in the mornign and 12 sets at night..the joys of the one way system.
Arrr. A Fenlander. I shall try and type more slowly for you! (If that was possible!)
My accountant works at Chatteris (I Lancaster & Co). The boys play footy there occassionaly.
Traffic lights - tell me about them and they're all in sync right! Still the train takes the rest of the strain!
Do I need to ask why Canada? Maybe not I thinks!
Crispie is offline  
Old Dec 9th 2004, 8:43 pm
  #80  
Lost in BE Cyberspace
 
willmore's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2004
Location: Victoria, BC Canada
Posts: 61,698
willmore has disabled reputation
Default Re: Canadian, .. So?

[QUOTE=SirTainly]Here it depends where you study which it's called, I had some friends take it at uni. Wonder what they are doing now

They're all probably rich and famous, and thank God that they didn't go into IT.


Since these are mutually exclusive terms I can see why your island is devoid of IT people!

Then which man was stupid enough to have 2 different terms for the same position?



No wonder men die first..all over worked!

Well they have to earn their keep some how.......
willmore is offline  
Old Dec 9th 2004, 9:07 pm
  #81  
The Green Engine
 
SirTainly's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2004
Location: Vancouver - soon
Posts: 4,400
SirTainly is a glorious beacon of lightSirTainly is a glorious beacon of lightSirTainly is a glorious beacon of lightSirTainly is a glorious beacon of lightSirTainly is a glorious beacon of lightSirTainly is a glorious beacon of lightSirTainly is a glorious beacon of lightSirTainly is a glorious beacon of lightSirTainly is a glorious beacon of lightSirTainly is a glorious beacon of lightSirTainly is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Canadian, .. So?

Originally Posted by willmore
They're all probably rich and famous, and thank God that they didn't go into IT.
or flipping burgers, but hey Ray Kroc made it big so there's a chance for them yet!

Then which man was stupid enough to have 2 different terms for the same position?
That's a woman's job!



Well they have to earn their keep some how.......
then you wonder what they did before they took on dependants

Cheer up almost the weekend!
SirTainly is offline  
Old Dec 9th 2004, 9:32 pm
  #82  
Moderαtor Emeritus
 
iaink's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2003
Location: Upstate South Carolina
Posts: 30,760
iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Canadian, .. So?

Originally Posted by SirTainly
No wonder men die first..all over worked!
But for many death is a sweet sweet release from the nagging
iaink is offline  
Old Dec 9th 2004, 10:13 pm
  #83  
The Green Engine
 
SirTainly's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2004
Location: Vancouver - soon
Posts: 4,400
SirTainly is a glorious beacon of lightSirTainly is a glorious beacon of lightSirTainly is a glorious beacon of lightSirTainly is a glorious beacon of lightSirTainly is a glorious beacon of lightSirTainly is a glorious beacon of lightSirTainly is a glorious beacon of lightSirTainly is a glorious beacon of lightSirTainly is a glorious beacon of lightSirTainly is a glorious beacon of lightSirTainly is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Canadian, .. So?

Originally Posted by Crispie
Arrr. A Fenlander. I shall try and type more slowly for you! (If that was possible!)
My accountant works at Chatteris (I Lancaster & Co). The boys play footy there occassionaly.
Traffic lights - tell me about them and they're all in sync right! Still the train takes the rest of the strain!
Do I need to ask why Canada? Maybe not I thinks!
hehe not actually a Fenlander, just living here as it's cheap, relatively speaking

I know the place I think, on Park St next to the swimming pool.

The train puts a strain on you more like! It would be nice if it only stopped at St Neots in the morning then we would all have enough room to be comfortable. Too many get on at Biggleswade and then it gets crowded.
SirTainly is offline  
Old Dec 9th 2004, 10:28 pm
  #84  
Cheese & Onion Member
 
Crispie's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2004
Location: Huntingdon and NOW Nova Scotia
Posts: 392
Crispie will become famous soon enoughCrispie will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Canadian, .. So?

Originally Posted by SirTainly
hehe not actually a Fenlander, just living here as it's cheap, relatively speaking

I know the place I think, on Park St next to the swimming pool.

The train puts a strain on you more like! It would be nice if it only stopped at St Neots in the morning then we would all have enough room to be comfortable. Too many get on at Biggleswade and then it gets crowded.
I didn't know there was a Swimming Pool but yes Park Street!
Cheap dosen't quite fit your title - let's say the pound stretces a little further out there
The 7.15 sardine can to London, yep I've done it a couple of times.
I gave up my seat to the fairer sex of course
Crispie is offline  
Old Dec 9th 2004, 10:44 pm
  #85  
Once bemused
 
Rhodes's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2004
Location: Ontario
Posts: 2,010
Rhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really nice
Default Re: Canadian, .. So?

The political 'correctness'.

Originally Posted by willmore
Which is that...my feeble attempt at being diplomatic or this politically correctness?
Rhodes is offline  
Old Dec 9th 2004, 10:56 pm
  #86  
Lost in BE Cyberspace
 
willmore's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2004
Location: Victoria, BC Canada
Posts: 61,698
willmore has disabled reputation
Default Re: Canadian, .. So?

Originally Posted by iaink
But for many death is a sweet sweet release from the nagging
But if we didn't nag, nothing would ever get done!!!!
willmore is offline  
Old Dec 9th 2004, 11:09 pm
  #87  
The Green Engine
 
SirTainly's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2004
Location: Vancouver - soon
Posts: 4,400
SirTainly is a glorious beacon of lightSirTainly is a glorious beacon of lightSirTainly is a glorious beacon of lightSirTainly is a glorious beacon of lightSirTainly is a glorious beacon of lightSirTainly is a glorious beacon of lightSirTainly is a glorious beacon of lightSirTainly is a glorious beacon of lightSirTainly is a glorious beacon of lightSirTainly is a glorious beacon of lightSirTainly is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Canadian, .. So?

Originally Posted by Crispie
I didn't know there was a Swimming Pool but yes Park Street!
Cheap dosen't quite fit your title - let's say the pound stretces a little further out there
The 7.15 sardine can to London, yep I've done it a couple of times.
I gave up my seat to the fairer sex of course
If the title was true, I'd be having the butler stretch the pounds for me!

sorry when it comes to seating it's a free for all, since the ladies wouldn't give up a seat for a man on crutches, then the man now off crutches won't give up a seat for them!
SirTainly is offline  
Old Dec 9th 2004, 11:16 pm
  #88  
Lost in BE Cyberspace
 
willmore's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2004
Location: Victoria, BC Canada
Posts: 61,698
willmore has disabled reputation
Default Re: Canadian, .. So?

Originally Posted by SirTainly
If the title was true, I'd be having the butler stretch the pounds for me!

sorry when it comes to seating it's a free for all, since the ladies wouldn't give up a seat for a man on crutches, then the man now off crutches won't give up a seat for them!
And you think I'm the one with the problem?
willmore is offline  
Old Dec 9th 2004, 11:21 pm
  #89  
The Green Engine
 
SirTainly's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2004
Location: Vancouver - soon
Posts: 4,400
SirTainly is a glorious beacon of lightSirTainly is a glorious beacon of lightSirTainly is a glorious beacon of lightSirTainly is a glorious beacon of lightSirTainly is a glorious beacon of lightSirTainly is a glorious beacon of lightSirTainly is a glorious beacon of lightSirTainly is a glorious beacon of lightSirTainly is a glorious beacon of lightSirTainly is a glorious beacon of lightSirTainly is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Canadian, .. So?

Originally Posted by willmore
And you think I'm the one with the problem?
If you can get to the seat first you can have it...can't see any gender discrimination there at all, can you ? The feminists have got from me what they wanted..to be treated the same as a man. Equality is NOT having the benefits without the drawbacks.

Last edited by SirTainly; Dec 9th 2004 at 11:24 pm.
SirTainly is offline  
Old Dec 9th 2004, 11:40 pm
  #90  
Lost in BE Cyberspace
 
willmore's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2004
Location: Victoria, BC Canada
Posts: 61,698
willmore has disabled reputation
Default Re: Canadian, .. So?

Originally Posted by SirTainly
If you can get to the seat first you can have it...can't see any gender discrimination there at all, can you ? The feminists have got from me what they wanted..to be treated the same as a man. Equality is NOT having the benefits without the drawbacks.
How do you know what a feminist wants? I'm a feminist and I love to have my husband still open the door to places for me, draw a bath, and many other things. Not everything is black and white.
willmore is offline  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.